Gopher-TM-

DayZ Mod Arma II (STEAM) Mission file merge problem!

Hi Folks,

since a few weeks I try to edit Chernarus. My configuration is: DayZ Mod with DaiZy, Arma II (Steam) and all expansions like Arma II OA a.s.o.

My problem is the merging of the mission files. The original mission file I use is about 43kb big, the mission file from the edited map is about 2km, I just did a center, a group and a unit and, for testing purpose, an item like a wall or fence. After the merging the merged mission file is also only 2kb big.

What did I wrong? Where´s the prob?

Is it possible to add buildings to DayZ DaiZy Chernarus map that way?

Help please,

thank you, regards,

Gopher.

You should never ever merge missionfiles. If anything you need to do it manually. If you don't know how to add buildings to your server, let me talk you through it:

• Grab your "mission.sqf" from the folder you saved your custom user mission in (the one you placed your new buildings in) - it will be located in here:
C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\YourUsername\missions\YourMissionname.Chernarus
  • Copy over the buildings, that show up as vehicles, like this:
_vehicle_1 = objNull;if (true) then{  _this = createVehicle ["AN2_DZ", [4220.4224, 10900.647], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];  _vehicle_1 = _this;  _this setDir -119.26195;  _this setPos [4220.4224, 10900.647];};
  • That above is one single vehicle / building / whatever you want to add.

• Make sure you do not add your Group / Unit to that.

• Create a new file named "custombuildings.sqf" in your "dayz_server\init"-folder (You can unpack your dayz_server.pbo just like you unpacked your mission.pbo)

• To the "custombuildings.sqf" add this:
if (isServer) then {// HERE COME YOUR BUILDINGS:  };
  • After
    // HERE COME YOUR BUILDINGS
  • Add your vehicles from your mission.sqf (every single one you want) - and make sure you don't forget the very last

• };

• After that, open your "server_functions.sqf" and at the very bottom add this:

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\init\custombuildings.sqf";

Sue me if something's wrong - wrote that guide just now.

Nice postcount you have for having one post:

30iFRp6.png

Edited by kichilron

Hmm. I did the editing, not working. I´m pretty shure I´m close. I changed the folder names correctly I think. I`m using DaiZy_v042c.Chernarus.pbo, added the custombuildings.sqf and edited the daizy_functions.sqf. Maybe I have o change the IF THEN line?

At least I didn´t receive any error message after the editing.... :P

Do I have to change the Item names into something else?

ATM I try to add this:

if (isServer) then {
// HERE COME YOUR BUILDINGS:
_vehicle_0 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Fence_corrugated_plate", [24.37726, 1588.0857, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_0 = _this;
  _this setPos [24.37726, 1588.0857, 0];
};

This is what I add to the daizy_function.sqf:

[] execVM "\scripts\init\custombuildings.sqf";

Because I ran it localy I dont need the "Z:\" Drive, I think?

I`m close I can feel it.... :)

Regards, Gopher.

Because I ran it localy I dont need the "Z:\" Drive, I think?

The reason you want that exact one I put there is because you want to call it from the dayz_server.pbo and do nothing with the mission.pbo

That way it's also not being published to everyone joining your server, so they can't steal your custom buildings.

So, paste exactly what I wrote their and don't edit your DayZi_v042c.Chernarus.pbo (which is your missionfile), but edit your server.pbo

if (isServer) then {

// HERE COME YOUR BUILDINGS:

_vehicle_0 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = createVehicle ["Fence_corrugated_plate", [24.37726, 1588.0857, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_vehicle_0 = _this;

_this setPos [24.37726, 1588.0857, 0];

};

Also missing a 

};

there.

Will try again. Thank you. FYI, I don´t play online, I have the DaiZy Mod installed.  Are you aware of that?

Never worked with the Singleplayer-variant, but it's similar. It should theoretically work the way you have done it with the mission.pbo and quite the same. Would have to switch the (isServer) command, but you should still be able to execute it as a .sqf :)

Why the hell do you still have 0 posts? Oh, I guess someone fucked around with the Troubleshooting section. Don't know if it's on purpose or not.

Guess it`s dayz_server.pbo, will give it a try....

That's the one.

Edited by kichilron

Warum quatschen wir eigentlich Englisch hier? :P

Ist ja ein englischsprachiges Forum ;)

Steam: kichilron

Geht schneller.