mjf6866

is there a way to see server IP of one you are on?

is there any way to see what the IP and port numbers are of a server you are currently playing in?  my problem is sometimes, when the server resets, and i go to join again, it wont do it automatically and i have to just jump on another one.

thanks

I was about to ask this too.
Sometimes the server list's don't even show up for friends to join. 

Is there like a developer console? e.g: /connect IP? 

You can use Remote if they give you the IP 

the port will be the 4 last letters at the end of the IP

to find the ip click Details

Edited by TedZ

Kind of. Your server history and favorites are stored in the following file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<Steam User ID >\7\remote\serverbrowser_hist.vdf

You can open this file in notepad+ and find your last server as they are sorted in order (afaik) where as the in-game history sorts by ping (currently)

• Like 1

SmashT has posted the solution, however I would like to post the following which shows more detail of where exactly to look in the notepad file:

Go to C:\Users<USERNAME>\Documents\DayZ , and open the '<STEAMPROFILENAME>.DayZProfile' file. (Use notepad) Scroll right down to the bottom, and you'll find this: http://i.imgur.com/AXdlUpe.png . Right there is your latest server that you joined, and its direct IP, incase you lost it and need to join remotely.

My work-around for this has been to open my friends list in steam and click on my own name, then click join game. This pops up the server IP of the server you are currently in.

Not the best work-around and I know many people have in-game steam off while playing but I figured I would offer it.

Bogart

• Like 1