UnicornDroppings

My unlikely KOS hero

That was actually pretty informational to see the hacker in his element.  It gives us an idea of what they are capable of and what their limitations are. 

it helps us with “Knowing Thy Enemy” while we are trying to play the game with honor…

Now that I am more aware of all this, the video is interesting.  It's very different playing vs watching it from third person while im not blinding by so many gifts of loot O.o.  I learn something new everyday...

i've never been very good at determining hackers when I see them.   My friends typically point out aimbots and stuff for me to see and learn from (and i still can't tell half the time).  I can spot DDoS - ing , speed hacks and other more obvious hacks in other games that i play but since this one is in alpha , it was a tad confusing.  So much random stuff always happens, its hard to separate glitches from hacks, especially since I am historically bad at spotting them . 

I'll never understand the purpose of playing any game if one has a need to cheat their way through. 

Edited by UnicornDroppings

i wish.  Being female only makes it harder most of the time.   Most of the time people instantly hate you, tell you to make sammiches etc.  In other games I play, it simply makes me an even bigger target

It was a sarcastic GIF to show how everyone wants to get a female gamer's attention. Then of course, female gamers are badasses in their own right. Rising against what has become normal of only males playing "violent" video games such as DayZ takes more balls than a pool table.

I am afraid to say this video absolutely reinforces those unhelpful stereotypes.

This whole thread pretty much reinforces those stereotypes :D

i've never been very good at determining hackers when I see them. 

I'll say. He was shooting people in buildings that were no where close to where you were, through the walls, and talking about it. He was not just glitching, but running fully through the walls, in a straight line. And there was a running dialog between the two of you, and many cuts.

After watching that video, I find it difficult to believe that you weren't aware of what was going on.

• Like 1

But staying on topic, I don't trust anyone in DayZ, I am a lonely soul!

I don't trust anyone either, it's what more often than not keeps you alive.

Though it really depends, sometimes it's nice to have a group.

But yeah, being a lone wolf and sometimes coming across people to give you a blood transfusion is nice :)

OT:

How does he:

A. Go through walls

B. Shoot through walls

Obvious hacker I assume? I mean he shot 2 guys through probably 10 different walls who were inside of the church.

Kind of weird how that didn't look weird to you.

I too, find it hard to believe you thought it wasn't hacking that a guy was running through walls and shooting people from miles across the map...?

Edited by Ratsmon

It was a sarcastic GIF to show how everyone wants to get a female gamer's attention. Then of course, female gamers are badasses in their own right. Rising against what has become normal of only males playing "violent" video games such as DayZ takes more balls than a pool table.

Yeah, I can't wait for females to rise against evil men and start chest pressing 200lbs everyday.

I'll say. He was shooting people in buildings that were no where close to where you were, through the walls, and talking about it. He was not just glitching, but running fully through the walls, in a straight line. And there was a running dialog between the two of you, and many cuts.

After watching that video, I find it difficult to believe that you weren't aware of what was going on.

Not for me, i kinda missed it to until the end.