Sign in to follow this  
Ketq

UK based servers generally more enjoyable?

Hello. 

I've noticed a certain trend in my experience with servers across european servers. UK seems to have more players that don't shoot on sight and at least try to make communication via voip possible. I'm from Finland and Finnish servers seem to contain the most assholes... :P Next logical step was Swedish servers since my experience with our lovely neighbours is that they are more friendly. Didn't see much difference... Then i moved to UK servers and was pleasently supriced.

So is this because the threshold of speaking english (the most used language in the came in terms of communication) Is close to nonexistant with British (And american) players. There are always pleasant exceptions of course! Have met some really awesome russian players And im sorry to say that those situtations are really rare. IM not here to bash on some spesific nation and russia is just an example. There are assholes everywhere..

How have you guys found servers in a certain country? 

• Like 1

Americans are use to Call of Duty, while in the UK, they are not.

Us Americans are KOS people. We are trying to defend ourselves man...

I dont KOS though. Im a friendly little boy

....That's just not true. 

Oh god. Abort thread. Bye.

Edited by Victus Mortuus
  • Like 1

I think you'll find brit's have a few tricks up their sleeves other than pulling a trigger  ;) 

Lets not get into American's shooting.. thread needs to be closed!

Well I'm from UK and so are a good few of my group and we are friendly

Most of the people I've met are friendly so you may be right (I usually play UK servers and have 1 USA server that a fellow friendly group runs so I play there if I see they are online)

I play UK/Finnish servers and really don't see difference have been pleasantly surpriced in both.

Just today handed supplies in solzhny factory at Niskalaukaus server :beans:

One member of my group is from the UK and hes an absolute cocksucker, haha. He is a rotten, murderous, antagonistic troll...which is why we love to have him along :D He will be the first to go down in a firefight, then respawn, run back, and do naked laps around the opposing forces, all the while talking mad shit to them and trying to knock em out. Good times indeed.

how does one change from US servers to UK servers or otherwise?

how does one change from US servers to UK servers or otherwise?

Usually by server name mate, or ping.

• Like 1

Usually by server name mate, or ping.

oh ok, ill check it out. from what i can tell most of the servers have a US state abbreviation (tx, ks, etc) so i was under the impression there was a setting or something lol

thanks!

Out of the 50 or so hours I've played on DayZ Standalone, only 1 guy actually said anything to me before trying to kill me. All of the rest just KoS. These are the U.S servers I talk about.

Probably bad luck, or bad community?

Im not the first to say it, but try playing US servers... they are freaking horrible... its a pain in the ass being a nice american...

• Like 1

This is mainly what happens to me if I am in any kind of server:

If I meet a person who has no guns or just is friendly then we become good allies.

BUT. As soon as I meet someone with top tier shit, they all shoot on sight. 

Update!

Found some german players yesterday. 100% niceness! He was all kitted out and shot a zombie that was chasing my freshspawned ass in staroye. He put his SKS on his back right away and started chatting. He was starving and nevertheless didn't threaten me. I was so impressed that i gave him the only can of beans i could find there. Almost starved myself hiking towards sobors. He was so awesome and funny. 

Whats your experience with germans in general?

You Americans have your facts off. CoD is also big in the UK.

This is mainly what happens to me if I am in any kind of server:

If I meet a person who has no guns or just is friendly then we become good allies.

BUT. As soon as I meet someone with top tier shit, they all shoot on sight.

While this won't hold true for everyone, I can tell you that once you have some decent equipment, there isn't much left to do besides hunt other people. Not that I condone shooting unequipped people.

I always join UK servers because it seems the rest of the fuckin world aint speaking proper fuckin English, so ye they just shoot you. Most of British lads i've met so far were friendly, i wont even mention sneaky fuckin Russians.

Meh, I'm American and I love the Brits, I think it's sorta fun to be on a server where you know it's "Every man/woman for him/herself". I enjoy playing on American servers, I actually ran into 3 people who weren't Kill on Sight, though. Wish surprised me!

i live in UK and i get decent ping so i play on any servers, but if you are saying us Brits are nice then i may stick to UK servers, i always play freindly as do most of the brits  i know- there is still a lot of KoS though

I think it's difficult to generalise. In my experience, UK players with mics are generally very immature and will sometimes cheat (Server hop to a new position) to kill you. I met a guy who didn't have a mic yesterday, who I gave 10 mosin rounds for a can of beans. However, he only had an axe and a mosin with no ammo, so was safe to approach.

If I see anyone with a gun, I will keep an eye on them and try to approach, but I'll be ready with my trigger if they look at me before putting the gun away. 

Side note: People who combat log when you see them, but don't have a gun are 99% of the time some noob wannabe bandit. If they don't say anything to you and just stand there, shoot them please.

Also, I'm from the UK and don't generally KOS, even though I may seem hostile when I first approach, sticking a gun in your face and such.

What a load of complete and utter bollocks

I always join UK servers because it seems the rest of the fuckin world aint speaking proper fuckin English, so ye they just shoot you. Most of British lads i've met so far were friendly, i wont even mention sneaky fuckin Russians.

Oh the irony.

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 1