Igglas Cage

What will make you play the alpha again?

I'm done playing for the minute. Will start playing again when the new patch hits stable. Played it a little bit and it's great but the experimental servers aren't restarted often enough for the game to be playable.

Hehe tell rocket he should enable the loot respawn ^^

1) Some sort of permanent storage, like the mod's tents.

2) lots more zombies and all loot locations spawning (the amount of loot is fine, I just want it spread out over all the possible locations).

3) Vehicles.

• Like 1

Vehicles

Base Building

More weapons

I'm sure by the time that happens I wont be playing much though.

more zombies. zombies are still not even the slightest bit threatening. i'm getting worried because it seems the community is happy with the current state of the zombies, which is effectively having no zombies, and the fact that the community is happy with it means that people just want to deathmatch anyway, and that the devs are less likely to put more and better zombies in the game. i'll never play dayZ again until zombies are improved because there is literally nothing to do otherwise kill other players and walk around atm. (which is fine because alpha)

I give you all my beans! I so agree with you. It is sad reading the forums and see that most of the people don't care about the zombies at all. Everybody is talking about guns, more guns, vehicles, tents, clothing... At this point they could take away the zombies completely and nobody would even notice...

• Like 1

I give you all my beans! I so agree with you. It is sad reading the forums and see that most of the people don't care about the zombies at all. Everybody is talking about guns, more guns, vehicles, tents, clothing... At this point they could take away the zombies completely and nobody would even notice...

To be fair the zombies have never been more than a minor obstacle once you learned how to handle them, they're simply not a main gameplay feature. Could they be made a main gameplay feature? maybe.  I'd actually be quite interested to see a build of DayZ where looting a city or a mil base is practically impossible without working in a team due the to zombies, that would have a real impact on the gameplay, who knows you might even see survivors teaming up for the fat loots.

• Like 1

To be fair the zombies have never been more than a minor obstacle once you learned how to handle them, they're simply not a main gameplay feature. Could they be made a main gameplay feature? maybe.  I'd actually be quite interested to see a build of DayZ where looting a city or a mil base is practically impossible without working in a team due the to zombies, that would have a real impact on the gameplay, who knows you might even see survivors teaming up for the fat loots.

that's what i thought dayZ would be from the start. i reckon its the fact that the zombies were crap (no one's fault) that's the reason the game/community has gone this way. the only things people want to do now are shoot each other and go on teamspeak to have clan wars at balota.

• Like 1

I know many players are waiting either for more content or certain features (respawning loot, anti-combat-log, better zombies, vehicles, etc.) before they will start playing the SA again, which is perfectly legitimate.

If you are one of those; what are your top 3 things you want to see in the game?

Edit: typo

Im playing right now in fact it might be ideal for you to stock up on some supplies before the next patch hits Wednesday. Things might get a little more scarce on some items id imagine.

Hehe tell rocket he should enable the loot respawn ^^

Why? There's plenty of loot in the stable servers that aren't literally full 24/7 and are restarted often enough.