domepx2

Bad eyesight / Glasses

Well, this is a very basic suggestion that i feel could add some more realism to the game, but which I could also see could anger some of the player base. Bad eyesight with some characters. Now, at the moment, every character spawns with 20/20 vision, however, in a real life scenario, there will be many survivors who would not have this privilege. Now, what I'd think to be a good idea would be that upon spawning, your new character has a small chance to spawn short sighted. Meaning that in a close range, everything would be clear, however the further you look away, the blurier your vision becomes.

Now, with the addition of this, we could also add in glasses. This way, for a character to regain his 20/20 vision, he will have to find a pair of glasses. There isn't really much to say, but I think it would be a cool feature to have in the game, and it could bring a little bit more realism to the game.

post-57404-0-75053900-1391199688_thumb.j

- An idea of what your vision could look like, without glasses.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 3

Hello there

I love it. Terrific idea.

I want to hunt for a blue ventolin inhaler for my asthma, if my char is unlucky to have it.

I think many will hate it though.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Honestly, if I fresh spawned in and my character didn't have 20/20 vision, I would just jump off a building.

Impaired vision due to disease, smoke bomb/tear gas or injury? I am all for that. Innate bad vision, not a fan.

• Like 3

You know how players would react?

1. Spawn with bad vision

2. Commit suicide

3. Try again

• Like 1

People all ready do leap from tall buildings if they get a bad spawn. And besides, think of how many people wear glasses, they're not going to be hard to find at all, it just makes it a bit more challenging for the player as he starts off.

To be honest, my eyes get very stressed looking at distant objects, the last thing i'd want is poor vision on my chara forcing me to look even harder at objects.

I suggest you can randomly spawn blind, but you have either a seeing eye dog, or you shoot lasers like Cyclops from xmen.

did you get all that Rocket?

• Like 1

In that case, the players with bad sight MUST spawn with glasses, because any person of the age 20+ (Which 20 is at least the age of the survivors in DayZ) people either have bought glasses or done an operation. 

• Like 2

Instead of spawning like that, why not have it be when something damages your eyes, this happens. For example shraple or something like that. It would make it massively unfair otherwise.

Damage to senses! Not spawned with bad senses.

That being said..
Eye and ear damage due to trauma would be kinda cool. As long as it healed over time.  Glasses / hearing aids could be used as temporary fixes(?).