Sign in to follow this  
Ugly (DayZ)

What are your biggest issues AFTER .114782?

This topic is to discuss what priorities WE, the testers, have after the .114782 goes stable sometime in Feb.

Take a look at the patch notes http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/169526-pending-changelog-experimental-branch-033114782/ to make sure you do not bring up something that is being addressed.

Some of the topics which we can ignore:

1) Loot respawning- This is not happening yet. It has been stated over and over that respawning of items is too much of a strain right now, and there are bigger fish to fry.

2) Balancing the map- They are working to introduce more functionality and stability, and do not have time for trivial things like scenery/finishing touches.

Personally?

Zombie wall glitch- enough is enough, fix this. Hopefully this will be addressed in 114782.

Try to be constructive with your comments. You can't help the devs if you don't post reasons you have an issue.

Cheers!

why would they make items respawn if its supposed to be authentic,then items don't magically reappear i would like to see server resets pushed to once a day. not this every hour crap.make people scrounge to survive.

and this tool above me you keep track of kills you do jesus christ how about your K'D you keep track of that too. are you a elite subscriber you know if you are you get a gold plated mosin that you can quick scope. ooops i think i just vomited a little. by the way if you tell me your no good i know your telling the truth.

Edited by gannon46

why would they make items respawn if its supposed to be authentic,then items don't magically reappear i would like to see server resets pushed to once a day. not this every hour crap.make people scrounge to survive.

and this tool above me you keep track of kills you do jesus christ how about your K'D you keep track of that too. are you a elite subscriber you know if you are you get a gold plated mosin that you can quick scope. ooops i think i just vomited a little. by the way if you tell me your no good i know your telling the truth.

Back on topic though...

?

Zombie wall glitch is probably my biggest peeve at the moment, along with the rabbits that make zombie noises.

• Like 1

Client<->Server communication bandwidth: 20~150 kb/s (or 70~500 MB/h). This is way too high. It is proportional to server population, so low pop servers involve less bandwidth.

I get to play 1~2 days a week for 4~5 hour sessions but have to be mindful of the 2~5 Gigs of transfers this will create.

Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 2

For some reason, my characters keep diving to the prone position out of nowhere. I've noticed that a couple of times when it happened, it coincided with the 'you are hungry' white text appearing in the bottom left of the screen. Also, I can't seem to crouch while my fists are up, I have to hit space to lower them and then press x.

The rabbit zombie and pop can opening sounds in the middle of the wilderness is just ridiculously annoying to me.

So is zombies running through solid walls and clipping through floors. I'd rather go back to forced walking zombies when indoors if it meant not having this silliness.

Poor performance in cities and large towns is pretty frustrating, but I honestly prefer the wilderness and small towns so it doesn't affect me too much. Everything else I'm okay with how the game is progressing.

The God Rays are kinda annoying, but I haven't bothered looking into if they can be turned off, so I'm not listing it as a serious problem.

I think us guinea pigs should get some royalties. Perhaps one of those spinning exercise wheels laboratory hamsters use ? XD

Items not respawning is my biggest problem so far... dont know how it is on stable, with servers restarting, but on experimental it is totally worse... nearly game braking

second thing is that you do not get damage for falling off buildings anymore, but thats a bug i guess..

Apart from that the game ist fucking great... love it :)

Edited by Rancor

For some reason, my characters keep diving to the prone position out of nowhere. I've noticed that a couple of times when it happened, it coincided with the 'you are hungry' white text appearing in the bottom left of the screen. Also, I can't seem to crouch while my fists are up, I have to hit space to lower them and then press x.

I think the 'stomach pains' are an interesting addition: just another reason to be mindful of your energy level.

In regards to what I would like to see would be fixes to Zombie pathing/glitching and overall melee combat. I'm sure everyone has their story but an anecdote for me would be yesterday on the experimental I was in the factory outside of Dolina, got zombie aggro, ran for the holes in the wall on the south side, went prone to crawl through, only for the zombie to glitch through the wall and beat on me. Instead of being rewarded for knowledge of an exit point, it became a detriment. But the developers have mentioned this so I'm confident it will be fixed: just rather it be sooner, than later.

I'll also echo Rancor's comment to some degree: without loot respawns, which would coincide with zombie respawns no doubt, the game is more luck-based. I don't think it is unplayable, but rather it rewards people for luck. Did you spawn right after a reset? Was there a weapon, or critical item, that spawned in an nearby spawn point? If yes, your survival rate has dramatically increased. And since there is very little skill in the actual acquisition of loot (I.e. there is no 10 minute boss fight for the item to drop), luck overshadows skill IMHO.

Characters getting reset by the Server <---> Hive communication issues.

Ive lost more chars this way than through being shot and killed by other players

• Like 1

Bodies disappearing after being shot and killed in the experimental patch. Hopefully someone will catch this and stop it before it goes viral.

New anti-hop system is nice, 5 minutes of waiting to change server, but I would suggest to make it 10 or even 15 minutes.. Today we've met a hopper (he appeared behind closed door in barracks and caught his bullet).

And here's the new-old problem: dead bodies dissapear, like it was some time before. Person relog = no body to loot.

+ glitched status "stuffed" whenever you stuffed or not (yesterday I've been starving and wanted to drink and still saw this "stuffed" which was quite funny).

+ sometimes speedloaders working strange. Got 10 ammo in SKS, reloaded it with the speedloader with 10 ammo inside it and in my backpack saw only 1 retrieved bullet.

Edited by tis_rnd

I'm on 4855 experimental....?

Yeah, originally the experimental was called 4782 but probably due to some hotfixes it was changed to 4855. I noticed this when after Steam downloaded the experimental branch patch (~300MB) it downloaded another 30MB. And if look at a lot of the verbiage BIS is still calling it 4782 in some places but 4855 in others. I.e. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/169526-pending-changelog-experimental-branch-033114782/ (the title of the thread says 4782 but at the top of the first post, Rocket calls it 4855).

• Like 1

Fix NIght. I am on the east coast and by the time I get to play its got about 3 hours of light then goes dark the rest of the 20 hours I am up. Please fix this so we can all play more. Night sucks unless your a zombie!

I would like to see them work on the sun, you getting eye cancer staring at that thing for longer then 2 seconds.

Would be awesome to see sunglasses actually curb the glare effect.

• Like 1