Sign in to follow this  
Gimpylung

No Surrender types

So I see a lot of videos of people surrendering at the point of a gun, allowing themselves to handcuffed, their gear taken and becoming a victim.

Whaaaaaaa???

I will attempt to close range and beat you to death with a flash light if thats all I have.

I will die gloriously in a hail of gunfire decked out hopefully in a set of ruined gear.

1 time in 100 I'll get you. 

There must be others like me? i.e. people with self respect.

I wouldn't accept being bullied in real life, certainly not goin to allow it to be simulated in a game.

Emergent gameplay is cool, just a shitty way it's manifested itself in this game.

Maturer folks won't take it seriously and says its all a bit of a laugh and people are just playing roles, but what about an impressionable 14 year kid who discovers dominating someone is a valid and rewarding tactic.

And I'm not faulting the game, love it. But die with your boots on and don't be no victim(even in a game of pretend)

• Like 6

Thats it! The good old British stiff upper lip!

"we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender"

Winston Churchill

• Like 7

I usually call people who don't surrender at gunpoint when they have no chance, kinda silly. For me its bad RP, not valuing your life at all.

It's all part of the fun, not taking the game too seriously. I've had better times being carted around the map restrained, than from a 3 second firefight.

Anyway each to his own ;)

• Like 8

So I see a lot of videos of people surrendering at the point of a gun, allowing themselves to handcuffed, their gear taken and becoming a victim.

Whaaaaaaa???

I will attempt to close range and beat you to death with a flash light if thats all I have.

I will die gloriously in a hail of gunfire decked out hopefully in a set of ruined gear.

I wouldn't accept being bullied in real life, certainly not goin to allow it to be simulated in a game.

Emergent gameplay is cool, just a shitty way it's manifested itself in this game.

Maturer folks won't take it seriously and says its all a bit of a laugh and people are just playing roles, but what about an impressionable 14 year kid who discovers dominating someone is a valid and rewarding tactic.

And I'm not faulting the game, love it. But die with your boots on and don't be no victim(even in a game of pretend)

Children shouldnt even play this game.

• Like 2

Don't worry, plenty of us now just shoot every bambi on sight if they come within 20 feet and won't listen to warnings.

We're sick of retards trying to go Mike Tyson on us when we just want to help them out or mess with them, I look forward to your "why do people KoS?" thread.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn
  • Like 8

This is my mentality as well. In the game, a bandit can just run back to his gear that his wanker friends are holding for him. In real life, that person is dead forever. If I am going to potentially die anyway, I am going to send one more evil prick to perdition before his friends lay me to rest.

• Like 1

In the game, a bandit can just run back to his gear that his wanker friends are holding for him.

Only if they get back within the 10 minute window, at which point the body disappears. Also: See my previous post.

Children shouldnt even play this game.

Children shouldn't play lots of games, but they do, just reality. PEGI and parental issues are a whole other story which I'm not in a position to comment on thankfully.

Don't worry, plenty of us now just shoot every bambi on sight if they come within 20 feet and won't listen to warnings.

We're sick of retards trying to go Mike Tyson on us when we just want to help them out or mess with them, I look forward to your "why do people KoS?" thread.

You are hardcore. Serious business.

I KOS btw, I'd rather you did 2, better than being whipped like a bitch.

Edited by Gimpylung

I KOS btw, I'd rather you did 2, better than being whipped like a bitch.

Nobody whips me, if they ignore my warning to keep their distance they just get shot. Ever since one group of psycho bambis tried to punch me to death and hit me with wrenches I just don't take any chances any more, they're all mental just because they have nothing to lose.

Nobody whips me, if they ignore my warning to keep their distance they just get shot. Ever since one group of psycho bambis tried to punch me to death and hit me with wrenches I just don't take any chances any more, they're all mental just because they have nothing to lose.

But would you submit to someone who had the drop on you and you were unarmed?

But would you submit to someone who had the drop on you and you were unarmed?

I've had some fun experiences being held up, I don't see why not. If I was unarmed, chances are I've not got anything else very good anyway.

Whaaaaaaa???

No surrender.  Not ever.

I will not bow to banditry.

You'll have to kill me before I beat you to death.

If I win, I will teabag your corpse.  If you win I hope you enjoy the ruined items.

• Like 3

I KOS by the way, I'd rather you did too, better than being whipped like a bitch.

Why? Please don't come here and tell people what to do in a sandbox game.

I don't understand KoSers, but I don't tell them to stop.

i'd rather just make the bandit destroy my gear then play victim to some greivers..

if you got the drop on me, best be ready to chase the rabbit..

Don't worry, it's normal behaviour in a computer game especially when you are 16. Find yourself in that situation in real life when you have wife and children waiting for you at home. :)

Why? Please don't come here and tell people what to do in a sandbox game.

I don't understand KoSers, but I don't tell them to stop.

You've thrown me m8, I'm promoting the opposite as I think the whole victim/bully thing is infinitely worse than a simple KOS.

Don't worry, it's normal behaviour in a computer game especially when you are 16. Find yourself in that situation in real life when you have wife and children waiting for you at home. :)

I hear ya about real-life and submitting for good reason. But this is a game and its the bullyboy aspect that has emerged that I have a bigger issue with. Give them nothing, they'll be better real life people for it.

• Like 1

I hear ya about real-life and submitting for good reason. But this is a game and its the bullyboy aspect that has emerged that I have a bigger issue with. Give them nothing, they'll be better real life people for it.

Try looking at it from the other side: I sometimes hold people up and people have had fun in the process, I have been held up a few times and had fun in the process. Sure, it doesn't always go that way, sometimes you're going to lose your pants or be fed disinfectant but that's the risk you run playing a sandbox game.

Now, from my point of view, what happens when all the bambis just decide they're not going to be taken alive and try to punch me in the face? I tell them to keep 20 feet of distance or I'm going to shoot them, they decide they have nothing to lose or that they're hardcore so they run at me and I shoot, it's a completely boring interaction compared to what could happen.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn

I never surrender. I'd rather die digitally than allow some weirdo pervert to exercise his ego and sexual fetishes with my game-time. Some of you may be kinky and enjoy that sort of thing, not me.

• Like 2

Try looking at it from the other side: I sometimes hold people up and people have had fun in the process, I have been held up a few times and had fun in the process. Sure, it doesn't always go that way, sometimes you're going to lose your pants or be fed disinfectant but that's the risk you run playing a sandbox game.

Now, from my point of view, what happens when all the bambis just decide they're not going to be taken alive and try to punch me in the face? I tell them to keep 20 feet of distance or I'm going to shoot them, they decide they have nothing to lose or that they're hardcore so they run at me and I shoot, it's a completely boring interaction compared to what could happen.

See, their is no circumstances where I would enjoy that but each to his own m8, I just find the 'victimization simulation' aspect of this game a bit weird and creepy. I'm kinda where Trippyhippy above is with regard to how I spend my game time.

• Like 1

Lmao

See, their is no circumstances where I would enjoy that but each to his own m8, I just find the 'victimization simulation' aspect of this game a bit weird and creepy. I'm kinda where Trippyhippy above is with regard to how I spend my game time.

I guess it is a bit weird/creepy or stressful, but isn't that why we play DayZ? It's a weird, creepy, and stressful video game.

i don't surrender. id rather die and all of my gear get ruined than have it fall into the hands of some lazy bandit.

• Like 1

I guess it is a bit weird/creepy or stressful, but isn't that why we play DayZ? It's a weird, creepy, and stressful video game.

I don't mind stressful, weird/creepy is a different thing. Darker sides of the human condition manifesting in games, I don't like.

Whats next, an Abu Ghraib mod where we can build pyramids of victims in game and make them do 'stuff'.

Simply shooting someone in the face in so much more of a typical game mechanic, whereas this victimisation thing is just dark and shitty, fun sometimes no doubt but I could see it get out of hand for those that are a little too immersed.

And we're all friends here btw, debate is cool.

Edited by Gimpylung