Sign in to follow this  
Zollicoffer

Why has <insert any bug> not been fixed yet when there is new content coming in?

I just wanted to bring everyone's attention to this mini-FAQ in the post for the latest update, in an effort to reduce unnecessary topics in the General forum:

I can't find a slot while on experimental branch!
Only a small number of servers run this branch. You will need to change your game back to the stable branch and play on a normal server

Why has <insert any bug> not been fixed yet when there is new content coming in?
While priorities are very important when assigning work, there is a limit to how many people can work on a complex task without making it even more complex. Also, many of the team are focused purely on content/design so while the important stuff is being fixed, they continue to provide content and design updates.

Is mouse acceleration being fixed?
It is not fixed in this update, but we plan to make control changes. It is not as simple as turning it "off" as the speed your character turns is not dictated by the mouse itself, but your movements combined with the type of weapon you have, how tired you are, etc.

Please post responsibly.

I like theese small FAQ's they spit out, with the changelog :)

That being said, it wont stop people anyway, what will stop them however, is a very active mod team on the forums.
If this forum was like BI's own forum, we would have half the thread we have now tbh :)

But thats a totally different talk hehe, hopefully we have seen the worst of the "thread tsunami", but i doubt it somehow :D

Yeah... some people should stop complaining and be happy that this ALPHA(HURR...) is enjoyable, that's not always the case.

Or that it actually takes effort to fix a bug... people usually assume 'Oh, it's like, they, um, just fix it, you know?' When there are many lines of code involved, it becomes bloody hard.

I also like the origin of the term 'bug' - a moth trapped in one of the relays of Harvard's Mark II. It's just incredibly humorous.