crimsonbzd

What do we really want as far as zombies?

YOUR Ideal zombie population at release.  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What do YOU want the zombie presence to be at release?

• Extreme amount of zombies everywhere. Always a fight.
    • Extreme amount of zombies in once high-population areas and high loot areas. Heavy fighting in those areas.
    • Moderate zombie population with more zombies in high loot areas. Never overly challenging.
    • Zombies that populate like the mod, but increased numbers. Only a challenge when not geared.
    • Zombies that populate like the mod. Only a challenge if unarmed, really a background aspect.

Zombies everywhere would turn this game into a multiplayer old school resident evil, having to fight all the time, having a purpose to spend the 6 m4 magazines I have and adding that creepy envoirement that would be so fucking sweet...and that mixed with bigger proper cities will make this the best game ever <3

Yes.

• Like 1

That's the most retarded statement i've ever seen. (today)

At some point you have to decide of a reference machine that the game has to run on, this game is still suppose to sell to a reasonable amount of players and not to cater solely to the super rich. Otherwise it's like designing a car while disregarding the average width of streets.

Your statement of my statement being stupid is rejected, whilst I contend the seed of your response is small minded.

;The technology at the loosely anticipated release of this game, 2016, will be far more advanced than today's. If the minimum specs stay the same, they will be clearly and obviously limiting the game.

I'd really like them to update the general reference builds for minimum and recommended at beta if not release.

Furthermore, if it's not already, SSD drives should be on the recommended list.

I would like to add to the conversation that more zombies would be better. My idea is this:

When a player is killed the body comes back to add to the zombie population. You would also only have an amount of time before this happens, so loot fast.

The big zombie groups should wonder......so no area of the map is safe. you could be crossing the country side and come across the herd. This would make traveling across the map more couscous and would make stealth more important.

I have noticed in my wondering that when I shoot the 357 mag...they come running from all around. This is what I would expect in this environment. they should be drawn to noise.

My opinions.....but I am enjoying the game and I look forward to what the next step will be. I agree the Zombie aspect of the game needs to be more problematic as well as other players.

I made a post a couple weeks ago about hordes, sound and how they could affect DayZ. I agree with what seems to be the majority vote atm: Extreme amount of zombies in once high-population areas and high loot areas. Heavy fighting in those areas

• Like 1

The "Dead Rising" series also has that mechanic where they hold you down and you have to shake your mouse to get them off, could really translate well here with the horde and all.

But yeah, this game is seriously wayyyyy off the mark when it comes to zombies.