Sign in to follow this  
cj14

Weapons

I know most of these weapons are not viable for a game like this, or the devs already have everything planned, but I wanted to give my opinion of what I would like to find in Chernarus to fight the zombies :)

Beretta M9: post-91741-0-75640500-1391141899_thumb.j Police Weapon

Glock 19: post-91741-0-37029900-1391141912_thumb.j Police, Military Weapon, Household Weapon

Glock 25: post-91741-0-10054800-1391141989_thumb.j Police, Military, Self Defense Weapon

Ithaca 37: post-91741-0-09983900-1391142006_thumb.j Household, Hunting Weapon

G36C: post-91741-0-49148300-1391141987_thumb.j Military Weapon

MP5: post-91741-0-47353300-1391142264_thumb.j Police Weapon

SAA Colt Peacemaker: post-91741-0-77139200-1391141985_thumb.j Household

Winchester 1200: post-91741-0-77659200-1391141984_thumb.j Police Weapon

M24: post-91741-0-53470600-1391142050_thumb.j Military Weapon

Desert Eagle: post-91741-0-22230400-1391142087_thumb.j Military, Self Defense Weapon

Hatchet: post-91741-0-41419300-1391142084_thumb.j Household Weapon

Nail Gun: post-91741-0-17951300-1391142631_thumb.j Household Weapon

The point of having more weapons of the same caliber is to make the players choose their weapon of choice and having to share ammo if you're with a friend with a weapon that uses the same kind of ammo that you

I have more ideas, but I can't upload any other pictures and I think those are enough :)

Edited by CJ14

Fewer guns. More household weapons.

I think having lots of guns to choose from is good...specially when they use the same ammunition so it will be harder to get...and get the the right type for the right weapon

Maybe: Glock 19, MP5, M9, G36C

No: Colt, Ithaca, Winchester, nail gun, Glock 25, Desert Eagle, M24

None of those guns are really used in Russia. I think a larger variety of weapons is needed, but household items and melee weapons come first.

• Like 3

How about weapons (non-american) people actually have in their houses? Like bolt action hunting rifles, rimfires, over and under shotguns, revolvers, semi-auto handguns?

Lame?

• Like 1

I know most of these weapons are not viable for a game like this, or the devs already have everything planned, but I wanted to give my opinion of what I would like to find in Chernarus to fight the zombies :)

Beretta M9: attachicon.gifBeretta M9.jpg Police Weapon

Not popular in areas other than the US. Seriously, most people own them in Aus for the looks cause we can only have 10rd mags and CZ race guns are better for what the governemnet lets us use em for.

Glock 19: attachicon.gifGlock 19.jpg Police, Military Weapon, Household Weapon

Glock 25: attachicon.gifGlock 25.jpg Police, Military, Self Defense Weapon

Ithaca 37: attachicon.gifIthaca 37 Stakeout.jpg Household, Hunting Weapon

Not popular outside of the US, most people in NZ (only other country i have had experience with that allows pumps to the general population) would have a mossy or 870 before one of these.

G36C: attachicon.gifG36C.jpg Military Weapon

MP5: attachicon.gifimages.jpg Police Weapon/Military Rifle

SAA Colt Peacemaker: attachicon.gifColt 1873 SAA Broken Butterlfy.JPG Household

​How popular is cowboy action shooting in eastern Europe? I don't think it is that popular there and why have an old design which most people wouldn't be able work fast enough for them to win vs a FNX or magnum. If it is just to put in as a rare spawn then yes if not then no.

Winchester 1200: attachicon.gifWinchester 1200 (W1200).jpg Police Weapon

See inthica 37, possibly more common but i doubt it.

M24: attachicon.gifM24.jpg Military Weapon

US weapon, swap with russian/Czech style rifle then yes if rare spawn.

Desert Eagle: attachicon.gifDesert Eagle.jpg Military, Self Defense Weapon

Which military uses this? None that i know of. DE is also bad for SD due to higher possibility of jamming. Also see M9 except replace CZ race gun with large caliber revolver.

Hatchet: attachicon.gifHacha de campamento Coghlan.jpg Household Weapon

Nail Gun: attachicon.gifimages.jpg Household Weapon

The point of having more weapons of the same caliber is to make the players choose their weapon of choice and having to share ammo if you're with a friend with a weapon that uses the same kind of ammo that you

I have more ideas, but I can't upload any other pictures and I think those are enough :)

That's all i got. Anyone else wanna shoot his ideas down?

Also does anyone have any other threads like this that i can make irrelevant?

Edited by Dchil

How about weapons (non-american) people actually have in their houses? Like bolt action hunting rifles, rimfires, over and under shotguns, revolvers, semi-auto handguns?

Lame?

Most people in America only own Bolt action rifles, semi-auto pistols, and pump action shotguns. But I see what you're saying.

• Like 2

I tend to stray away from the military stuff.

I'd like more civilian grade firearms! Hunting rifles and shotguns, .32 revolvers, .22 rifles, 9mm hanguns, .44, ect. There are multiple varations of such weaponry.

I think most assault rifles are exceptionally ugly! And the M14(Carbine?) is everywhere these days. So bland!

>.> Except for AK47s and G36s. Those two assault rfiles are beautiful.

And nothing is more gruesome than killing someone with a power tool! <.<

Edited by Rudette

Most people in America only own Bolt action rifles, semi-auto pistols, and pump action shotguns. But I see what you're saying.

In most of Eastern Europe, gun laws are similar.. Things that you may own, are bolt action rifles, but no large military caliber, 9mm and 7,62 x 25 semi-auto pistols, revolvers are extremely rare and there are no pump-action shotguns. Also most of them are ex Yugoslavian products, at least here where I am.

Police use CZ 99 (not Czech manufacturer), 9 mm handguns, and has certain stock of AK 47 ( M70 Yugo), MP5.. and basically that is it. There are only small amount of western weapons, mostly used by special forces.   

Lame?

Lol true and I agree with you but most of those are not American.

That's all i got. Anyone else wanna shoot his ideas down?

Also does anyone have any other threads like this that i can make irrelevant?

the Desert Eagle is made by Israel Military Industry and is used in its army.

I agree about the russian weapons, but those are already being developed into the game so I don't post it here

But United States comes to Chernarus, so there could be some weapons here...

the us invaded chernarus, rocket is following the arma 2 campaign, so there would be hundreds of US rifles

I still think there is a better selection of weapons to offer here including some curio or relic firearms.

And personally I'd like to see more hunting/civilian firearms included prior to more military tech. Even then try to get some overlap in the calibers.

Right now we're fighting for 5.56Nato, 7.62x54R, .357Magnum, and .45ACP - out of those 4 calibers we're seeing 3 that are more dominate in the western world and western manufactuered weapons over the typical Soviet block weaponry.

With the next content patch and the addition of the SKS we're looking at collecting the 7.62x39 rounds which have been used from the SKS to AK-47 with all it's variants. Which that Caliber was beginning to die out for military purposes in the 70's after the repattern of AKs to use the 5.45x39 round.

With that though I'd like to see the next weapons come in utilize these calibers further.

So we'd be looking at the Dragonov, M16, Ruger Mini-14, UMP, AK-47 and it's many variants. We could see the addition of survival shotguns using a 12gauge barrel with a lower barrel set for some rifle caliber.

Though a typical survival shotgun is like 410 shotgun shell and a .22LR

• Like 1

the Desert Eagle is made by Israel Military Industry and is used in its army.

No it's not, the original design is American, the rights have always been American owned and it's been made in the USA since 1995. IMI was just a contractor. No military has ever used it.

• Like 1