Zjasuu

Why does everything get ruined when you get shot?

They also need to address the fact that zombie bites and scratches destroy metal items. A friend was bringing me a long range scope and was swiped once by a zombie. The scope went from pristine to badly damaged.

I had a zombie attack me from behind last night, he hit me once and it ruined everything in my backpack! My shotgun, 45 and magnum were all ruined! I tried the cleaning kit on them but you cannot do this on ruined weapons.

This is frustrating but it is Alpha after all, so no biggie.

Edited by firstrock

I had a zombie attack me from behind last night, he hit me once and it ruined everything in my backpack! My shotgun, 45 and magnum were all ruined! I tried the cleaning kit on them but you cannot do this on ruined weapons.

This is frustrating but it is Alpha after all, so no biggie.

TIL: When zombies get you from behind, expect your backpack, shotgun, 45 and magnum to be hurting.  :rolleyes:

Does a first aid kit protect stuff?

Second, have you tried accessing a first aid kit.  You'll bleed to death before it will appear on the ground for you to loot.

Put bandage in first-aid kid. Drag to hotbar. When bleeding, press corresponding hotbar number, then F. Profit.

This mechanic has never had any effect on me whatsoever. 

If someone puts a shot on me, chances are they are good enough to kill me.