Sign in to follow this  
TedZ

Upcoming Combat Log Fix!

So i just looked at the new upcoming changes and they seem pretty good!!

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

Login: Player queuing system introduced. Penalty waiting time added for switching server or disconnecting a server quickly
Login: Players receive a login timeout when disconnect, increased if disconnect within 30 minutes of joining (max 5 minutes)
Login: When players logout, their avatar sits on ground for 30 seconds. Players must make sure they logout somewhere safe

This has fixed many Combat Loggers, Ghosting and more Thanks Rocket!!

Who else likes this Pending Change-log for the Experimental Branch?
  • Like 2

Login: Player queuing system introduced. Penalty waiting time added for switching server or disconnecting a server quickly
Login: Players receive a login timeout when disconnect, increased if disconnect within 30 minutes of joining (max 5 minutes)
Login: When players logout, their avatar sits on ground for 30 seconds. Players must make sure they logout somewhere safe

I feel the only thing this doesn't obliterate, in my opinion, is ghosting.

The time is not long enough to successfully prevent it in all situations. For example, I was being chased for my guns by two newspawns, I chose to run rather than fire, being very low on ammo (granted i don't know what else i'm saving my ammo for.) So, one of them disappeared for about 2 minutes, only to come sprinting down the other side of the road at me.

So, with the new system, it may have taken him 4 minutes to do that, which I don't find particularly game changing.

I guess though with the new system, those extra two minutes would give you time to just dip away in some wayward direction.

I would think though 1 minute would be a better timer, once zombies don't target you from random locations later on down the road.

you ever had to wait 30 seconds just to log and take a piss .... I think being tele' d to a random area with a km would be much better then a timer ....I hate logout timers waste of time ....It may fix some loggers but not all, the only way this will ever be solved is with private hives .....

1) there are...I don't know...5 or 6 threads now about hopping, combat logging and ghosting fix in the new patch... just sayin'....

2) a)If you keep running in one direction HOW the hell should the one guy logout, change server, run FASTER than you (+the amount it time it took to change the serv twice), login again, turn around and come from the other side?

B) WHY the Hell where you not changing directions?

c) Why the hell did you not shoot? (I'm also against KoS, but if they attack me - I may be naive and friendly but I'm not suicidal ;))

d) Now if he logs out he has to wait 30 seconds. game closes. new server. For quitting he gets into queuing line, worst case he was for some tiome on the server and doesn't have to wait...just, lets say, some seconds.

Log in in another server, run faster than you always in the same direction, log out, wait 30 seconds for logging out join first server again now he gets into the que and has to wait minutes...

That is NOT enough for you to escape?

And if you have a weapon: shoot. If you have a weapon and dont want to shoot: put it on your back, put your fists up an SPRINT.

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 2

in my mind all fuzz about "logging" is stupid ..if you when you aim at a player could see that players handle/guid, you could easily stalk her/him around on servers... a player should not be able to change handle without resetting character.

Edited by mssing

I can't wait, I just got killed by a ghoster.  :( Thankfully it was on my regular-mode "messing around" character.

LOL @Sweendawg seriously? wait 30 sec to piss. Cross your legs? Pinch it? Wear a diaper?    Lol just too funny.

I'm not attacking you OP but where did you get the info for the second sentence of

Login: Players receive a login timeout when disconnect, increased if disconnect within 30 minutes of joining (max 5 minutes).

I only read rocket response of avatar being idle for 30 seconds when disconnecting. Never read about that.

and also can you alt+f4 in this game. Does the avatar sits idle for 30 secs if they do it this way?

Changelog has been updated:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/169526-pending-changelog-experimental-branch-033114782/?p=1722346

And yes, afaik everything that closes the game or cancels the connection like alt+f4, killing process, pulling routercable will lead to the same thing:

Your character sitting for 30 seconds until he gets logged out.

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

And yes, Everything that closes the game alt+f4, killing process, pulling routercable will lead to the same thing:

Your character sitting for 30 seconds until he gets logged out.

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah  Hallelujah

Hallay aye lu jah

xD

also wondering how this works.

If you disconnect twice in the span of 30 mins, the third time you try to log in then you get a penalty of 5 minutes? or ?? minutes then escalates to 5 mins. Anyone knows? 

It seems more of a hassle for the good players then the server hoppers. I mean there are a lot of server restarts and also the random game freezes.

Just from the wording, thats my guess:

If you play on a server for more than 30 minutes, and immedatly weant to join another one, you get a small timer. The shorter you've stayed, the longer the timer up to 5 minutes.

And yeah randomn game freezes,  "DayZ stopped working", Server restarts etc. can happen - but meh, if you want to play, you'll sit out that up to 5 minutes until you can join again ;)

• Like 2

Just from the wording, thats my guess:

If you play on a server for more than 30 minutes, and immedatly weant to join another one, you get a small timer. The shorter you've stayed, the longer the timer up to 5 minutes.

And yeah randomn game freezes,  "DayZ stopped working", Server restarts etc. can happen - but meh, if you want to play, you'll sit out that up to 5 minutes until you can join again ;)

Yeah I suppose 5 mins is not too much. This is a placeholder after all. 5 mins for each server hop is good. Better than nothing I guess.

I welcome anything that combats those spineless players.  I cant wait to see all the people whining about being killed after they log out.  Cant wait. 

It won't stop ghosting unfortunately. I don't think you should be able to log in or out within a few hundred meters of a building or structure. It might take a few more minutes to run into the woods to log out but the ability to log in inside buildings destroys any strategy players and teams use to secure an area. There's nothing like playing smart and covering all the approaches to an area, scouting carefully and then having some scumbag log in behind you in a barracks. 

in my mind all fuzz about "logging" is stupid ..if you when you aim at a player could see that players handle/guid, you could easily stalk her/him around on servers... a player should not be able to change handle without resetting character.

Oh God no. Nametags? Lol that's seriously a feature we do not need, nor will we ever have..thankfully

If he logged out yesterday there? Well thats really bad luck and you hear the reload-sounds...

But Ghosting = See another player (or be already in a firefight with him) log out, switch servers, run behind his position,, log in again in original server and kill him

And now:

Login: Players receive a login timeout when disconnect, increased if disconnect within 30 minutes of joining (max 5 minutes).

With the 30 seconds timer for logging out, logging in to another, again 30 seconds timer to log out,  and additional the queing for leaving a server fast (the one, where he changed positions) - 5 minutes!

So at absolute minimum it needs 6 minutes (i'd think more, like up to 7) to go to a position that was behind you and spawn again.

And if you don't move for 7 minutes in a barrack, good sir, you're clearly waiting for someone to kill and karma got ya.

Edited by LaughingJack

I'm just glad they're finally doing something about the combat logging. It's obviously the biggest frustration among other problems in DayZ, 30 seconds is the perfect amount of time to log out peacefully. No need to shit a brick and close the game just to prevent a free nose job from Dr. Mosin.

Edited by AsHawkins