Sign in to follow this  
Drofzz

Ideas for medicin (Bandages, painkillers, morfin)

First of all, i need to say i love this game, and one of the best games so fare i've played.. however there are some things realy anoying me about the current medicin.

i kinda got OCD about this, as it seems a little wierd, that your player can swallow a whole box of painkillers, without suffering some kinda of side effect, and taking all the morfine as well.

and when i bandage myself, i also wonder where i had the wound.

Painkillers

Current

As the current Alpha build, painkillers comes in boxes, however he needs a whole box of painkillers to getter better.

Idea

How about Painkiller boxes got an amount of pills inside it (as magazines). and you need to decide how many you need to get better.. and if you take to many of them, you can get piosened, and your vision gets blured.

Whenever you loot more painkillers, they can stack in an amount fo 200 in each box. (maby you need 20-35 pills to get better (depending on how bad you feel).

Problems

1) Problem about stacking pills, is they give more inventory space. but as painkillers currently are not that critical a need, mostly non are running with more then 1 or 2 boxes.

2) More en 1 inventory slot, makes it easier to come by. This could be fixed by reducing the spawns to make it a more rare find, currently i find them everywhere.

Morfine

Current

The Morfine is a pretty needed item, as crawling all the way cross the map to find it for a broken leg is just anoying.. personally i just kill my self, no matter how good equipment i have. and since lately i havnt been able to find morfine anywhere except hospitals.

Idea

As Painkillers, the morfine injections take up alot of inventory space, even thogh the needles are very small.. how about stacking them into a bundle of 2 or 3 (but still only spawns as 1 so you need to collect 3, to get a full bundle). this way they last longer, and you dont have to go ransag a hospital each time you get wounded.

Problems

Ofcause this will really make big changes, as some people (including myself) find it hard to remember to get stock/restocking before going on adventure. but it could be fixed by making a side effect taking too much morfine, by getting ill and faint.. maby puke up food, so you need to eat and drink water to get better.

Morfine also have been knows to make people dizzy.

Bandages

current i see bandages pretty well balances.. but what i realy wanted to see, is if i bleed from the arm.. my arm gets a state of bandaged.. (if its the leg, body or head.. its ofcasue the head that gets that state).

this could be used if a zombie hits you that bandaged state, it will hurt like hell, and a chance for the wound to get reexposed, so you need to fix the bandage again..

Conclusion

As i see it, it could get alot harder to tent wounds boken legs, and pain if there also was some side effect from keep eating medicin, making it more risky to getting swarmed by zombies. and some better invetory management for storeing midical supplies, as it seem a little funny a player can swallow a whole box of painkillers, and walk away from that.. i would belive that would be more damaging then helping :P

hope people got some constructive critism, or other things to add.. as this is my own ideas.

All pretty good ideas.

Some rebalancing of how the items would work, would be in order... since as you mentioned being about to have 100 painkiller doses would be insane and totally imblanaced.

The only thing I can consider here is, the reason you eat a whole box is probably because most medication has an expirey date, and it may not work very well. Having to find better quality pills by digging through the weathered/worn/wet/soiled out packaging could be the reason.

Personally I think bandages are too common, but I agree on pretty much everything else in essense.

Also, it's morphine, not morfine ;)

~Sol