pants!

North-West Missile Base

I'll apologize in advance if this is already discussed as a topic, I did search about a bit didn't find anything specific to this location.

Anyway...

There seems to be a road/track layout in the North West of the game map which looks rather like a missile/rocket launch site.

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#6.012.015

The rationale for this is the obvious hard-standings at the East end of the site (015,010/013,011), the long track running South-West and the hard-standing with a 'racetrack' path (006,017). There is also a hard-standing part way along this path. Perhaps a staging area or blockhouse (010,014)

The East site I would presume to be future accommodation, administration, engineering buildings and the South-West site is the 'launch-pad'.

The racetrack path at the South-West end would be for a vehicle to efficiently deliver a missile to the launch-pad or silo and turn around to head back up the path without needing to reverse or shunt. I initially thought the path might be for rail but the turn-radius seems too tight for that. I think this is the sort of layout sometimes found in the real-world.

Obviously, when I went exploring in game, there is only the surface layout and no buildings yet. Curiously, the path is in segments rather than one continuous strip.

What do you all think? Future military/missile base for DayZ or am I barking and it's actually a fun-fair? :P

• Like 2

Hope not. If they create too many points of interest, the map will lose authenticity. 

I mean, how many crashed cargo ships, military bases and rocket bases do you have withing a 12KM radius?

Kinda hoping they'll expand the map with some fields and bushes/forests again.

Edited by Ratiasu
  • Like 1

Hope not. If they create too many points of interest, the map will lose authenticity. 

I mean, how many crashed cargo ships, military bases and rocket bases do you have withing a 12KM radius?

sarcasm detector off the charts beepbopboop

• Like 3

within 225 sq KM you mean.

And the north of the map is mostly empty. They will and should indeed add more points of interest to the map. Right now there are 3 military bases, and two airfields, one of which is very small. There is plenty of room for more especially up north. If you go there you will see there is work being done to the map, so you will be seeing more. Oh and there is only one crashed ship btw. And no rocket bases.

Ever since Arma II I've been thinking the map layout represents a somewhat 'condensed' version of the real-world. Simply because traversing the distances you'd normally find between such locations in the real-world would be mind-numbingly boring.

At the moment we only have two small Military Bases and Two Tent-Farms (the tent farms most likely have been build after infection-break out).

Just because you can find loot at an airport it does not mean that that's a military airport.Totally possible that at least Balota and NEAF had been Civil-Airports and where used for evacuation during the infection. Military-Fortifications (for example watch towers) can be built pretty fast... who knows if Balota and/or NEAF may even have been abandoned/unused before the break out and quickly reassembled by the military to evacuate more people. A very huge military base near the NWAF absolutely makes sense and would be a very good addition to the game.

In fact there has to be a science compound somewhere on the map where the virus was developed, that would defiantly be that place.

This gives developers the opportunity to enhance the story and it will give each player the option to find out the reasons for the zombie apocalypse

Edited by YassirX

within 225 sq KM you mean.

And the north of the map is mostly empty. They will and should indeed add more points of interest to the map. Right now there are 3 military bases, and two airfields, one of which is very small. There is plenty of room for more especially up north. If you go there you will see there is work being done to the map, so you will be seeing more. Oh and there is only one crashed ship btw. And no rocket bases.

Actually there is two.. But, one is small and doesn't spawn lewtz.

Yeah... I seem to be the only person who loved the empty fields around the area where Dichina military base is now, it seems. Shame, as it felt more realistic to me. The map was more absorbing. Though the towns which have been redesigned look amazing now.

Then again, helicopter crashes made it worthwhile to go out into the fields back then.

-Balota

-NWAF

-NEAF

-Crashed ship

-The huge prison they still need to give a location

-Zelenogorsk military base

Dichina military base

-Bor military base

-And he's still hoping for a missile base.

-Others want radiated zones.

Personally, I'd love if they'd increase the map size with fields, forests, and small villages. I mean, imagine a village like Olsha, 16 KM inland, north west part of the map. Great to have a base near it, roleplayers can set up there in relative peace, it has character, spread out the bases a bit more, give us a military harbour with some cruisers we can loot, and remove an inland base so it's spread out better, and more original, too.... Islands three times the size of Skalisty, 3 KM into the see, giving some use to boats unlike the mod. Some small islands the size of a handkerchief, which can have a crashed patrol boat on it sometimes, similar to heli crashes in the mod...

I know I'm pretty much alone in this, though...

Edited by Ratiasu

Actually there is two.. But, one is small and doesn't spawn lewtz.

Yes I was referring to those that spawn loot :)

Sparcity and vehicles with changing spawn locations. Be truly lost until you find a memorable location.

The map will feel much bigger

-And he's still hoping for a missile base.

-Others want radiated zones.

Don't confuse me with the guy that started the thread wanting an in-game nuke.

I'm indifferent to the idea of a missile base, I'm just describing what I found in game already.

Dunno about missile base. To me it says military or possibly part of a small space program, though. And I hope it is, it looks neat!

Dunno about missile base. To me it says military or possibly part of a small space program, though. And I hope it is, it looks neat!

I did think space program too but having visited it just feels way too small for anything other than perhaps sounding-rockets.

Its not a missile base, neither a compound for space-programs (lol'ed on that one).... its a research compound to develop biological weapons.

That is also the reason why there are so many airports and heavy military presence around the map... they made preparations... and failed badly.

One could even assume that DayZ-Chernarus (fictive location) is indeed a big island and we only see ~1/4 of that island yet.

This would explain why there are so many airports and harbors... because that's the only way out and that way the virus can be contained.

I have to say that Rocket and the Team could make an amazing story out of this setting and once DayZ is finished it could be truly epic.

An Expansion every ~two years which expands the Island-Map with an additional region, with new story puzzles... MMO Style.

Edited by YassirX

I hope, they will implement some generic buildings to the north-west to make it worth to discover. Just like on the northern highway of devils castle. 

with 150 people servers coming more military bases will be needed, right now it's plain boring

Don't confuse me with the guy that started the thread wanting an in-game nuke.

I'm indifferent to the idea of a missile base, I'm just describing what I found in game already.

Fair enough.

Having in mind that Dean wants up to a hundred players on one server, it's a necessity that there are more important locations. Otherwise going to Balota or NWAF would end in a massive slaughter.
But I also agree with Ratiasu that the density of important loot spawns shouldn't be too high. 
Having to plan a route and gathering supplies for the "journey" is part of the game and is in my oppinion "fun" too. With too much lootable places it wouldn't be the same.

Stay alive,
Snaff

Edited by Snafun

The current map would feel small with vehicles + 100 players server. So hopefully they have map expansion planned in a far away future.

The current map would feel small with vehicles + 100 players server. So hopefully they have map expansion planned in a far away future.

Using and hiding vehicles on a 100+ server with this map would be close to pointless, too...

Edited by Ratiasu

I'll apologize in advance if this is already discussed as a topic, I did search about a bit didn't find anything specific to this location.

Anyway...

There seems to be a road/track layout in the North West of the game map which looks rather like a missile/rocket launch site.

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#6.012.015

The rationale for this is the obvious hard-standings at the East end of the site (015,010/013,011), the long track running South-West and the hard-standing with a 'racetrack' path (006,017). There is also a hard-standing part way along this path. Perhaps a staging area or blockhouse (010,014)

The East site I would presume to be future accommodation, administration, engineering buildings and the South-West site is the 'launch-pad'.

The racetrack path at the South-West end would be for a vehicle to efficiently deliver a missile to the launch-pad or silo and turn around to head back up the path without needing to reverse or shunt. I initially thought the path might be for rail but the turn-radius seems too tight for that. I think this is the sort of layout sometimes found in the real-world.

Obviously, when I went exploring in game, there is only the surface layout and no buildings yet. Curiously, the path is in segments rather than one continuous strip.

What do you all think? Future military/missile base for DayZ or am I barking and it's actually a fun-fair? :P

I'm not sure about a missile base but after running around the top of the map theres certainly lots of foundation textures more buildings up north, in whatever form are definately on the way

Edited by Easy_Tiger