Sign in to follow this  
Demoth

Can Hackers Make You Lag / Lose Control?

I found similar threads but usually relating to the supposed hackers actions, but not them affecting other players.

I was at the Balota airfields with some friends (the TBG servers, #1 I believe) when suddenly all of us in the military jail started experiencing massive lag. My one friends character then somehow ran through the wall and out into the airstrip and was shot. I was confused, thinking the server was messing up when suddenly a guy opens the door. At the point I was unable to select my gun (I don't know how it got put away, but I hit space bar and raise my fists)

He fires, misses, and so I run under the steps trying to now manually drag the gun into my hands but no luck. He then casually strolls next to me and I decide to combat log, as this is some serious BS as everyone in the area, including the admin, is losing control of their character but this guy is having no problems. I hear his gun go off but I log and see my character with all his gear at the login screen, but I guess he got me because no matter where I log in I'm a new spawn.

At any rate, what could have happened? I find it incredibly weird that myself, three TBG guys and the admin all start to have crazy issues ONLY as this one dude approach are location and kills us.

My one friends character then somehow ran through the wall and out into the airstrip and was shot.

all i can say in response is that with or without lag, its very common to see other players around you run through solid objects / buildings on your screen while on their own they are actually not. perhaps the person who came inside desync'd and rubberband'ed backwards in the lagspike or they indeed just logged out. no way to be sure unfortunately

swallowing my words by saying this but.... alpha? :huh:

It is impossible for someone to make you lag (connection wise) with a hack. 

I have personally run into someone that had some form of hack that made everyone in my group put their weapon away whenever he got close enough, so yes they are definitely out there. Lets hope they get most of the hacks/exploits taken care of long before the game is final release

all i can say in response is that with or without lag, its very common to see other players around you run through solid objects / buildings on your screen while on their own they are actually not. perhaps the person who came inside desync'd and rubberband'ed backwards in the lagspike or they indeed just logged out. no way to be sure unfortunately

swallowing my words by saying this but.... alpha? :huh:

It took me days to get kitted out like that, but yeah, I just shrug because it's an alpha and it's going to happen sooner or later and attachment to things in this game is a recipe for a stroke because of rage.

Still, if it was some type of cheat, that just would really upset me. What made me really wonder if something was up was all of my friends were experiencing some laggy crazy movements from our characters, but all of us were able to see this guy moving smoothly. He wasn't rubber banding or moonwalking, so it just made it seem fishy.

I know hackers can teleport people, as I've been in a firefight in a house with someone and I heard "sorry, I don't fight fair" and suddenly found myself in the middle of the ocean....

Either way, I'm not overly angry as I know this alpha is also easy to hack and they're working on tightening it up, but my curiosity was getting to me.

Edited by Demoth

I have personally run into someone that had some form of hack that made everyone in my group put their weapon away whenever he got close enough, so yes they are definitely out there. Lets hope they get most of the hacks/exploits taken care of long before the game is final release

I know it's just a video game, but I do wish people who hacked multilayer games for the sole purpose of messing with other players, especially in a game like this, would have their legs shattered with a pipe.

• Like 3

I know it's just a video game, but I do wish people who hacked multilayer games for the sole purpose of messing with other players, especially in a game like this, would have their legs shattered with a pipe.

I was thinking having their hands cut off would be better, keeping them from using the computer. Almost getting to the point where it seems appropriate.

It's difficult to imagine a cheat that would compromise ones connection to a server. I have, however had my weapon lowered, not sure if it was from my end though... Also have seen people on un-reachable roofs, shooting the mosin at incredible speeds, and sort of teleporting around