Sign in to follow this  
qtqc

Noob Question

Hello everyone, I have been playing this game for about a week now.  I have also been reading the forum for the same time.  Im having a small problem during my game play.  I have died about 15 or so times during the week.  Every time it seems to be the same, I play for a bit, gather some basic loot, and then I just get shot and killed by another person.  Is this normal to everyone? Although I enjoy the game play, it is getting very discouraging and annoying.  

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, just looking for some tips and answers.

Thank you

• Like 1

This is coming from someone who has never played, but I would consider going inland, towards the left of the map, but stick to the edges of towns, that way you aren't in the middle of the road, but you can easily get to buildings for scavenging. Find a nice house to settle and build on? 

Don't get discouraged, just continue on and learn from the damages. People kill on sight, so stay out of it.

Are the people more friendly north?

I saw that there were many "bandits" out there but its getting a bit crazy.  

Are the people more friendly north?

I saw that there were many "bandits" out there but its getting a bit crazy.  

they aren't more friendly, but they are more spread out.

people who hang around the coast are looking for pvp.

I used to be just like you, yes, but my advantage is my timezone, when I play at midday, most people are either at school or work, lol. But even then, there are many people who enjoy sniping me, even on low population servers. First, here are som facts,the coast may be filled with bandits, but it's the best place for loot. Here is a map : http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus : You will most likely spawn in either Komyshovo, or Solichiny, (i probably spelled it wrong) Heading towards Elektro, then Chernogrosk, then Balota is the quickest way to gain loot, albeit extremely dangerous. If you do this, immidiatley head back the way you came, and help out new-spawns, wear a bike helmet, so they can't knock you out. Try to assemble a small team of friends, and play togetehr, power in numbers. Drinking 20 times from a fountain gives at least 1H of play. Be stealthy untill you are formidable. Stay away from armed people, if they try to talk, reply, then hide, and don't reply again, he'll think you logged.

Any other questions, I'll asnwer.

Edited by Tumbleweed707

I will try that, if anyone wants to add me Steam: Qtqc . I would like to play with any veteran players

I will try that, if anyone wants to add me Steam: Qtqc . I would like to play with any veteran players

If you want, you can join my squad, I'm recruiting, and could use a 4th member!

Sure, can you add me, I would love to play in a group

Awesome, one question, what country do you live in, not trying to stalk XD, just want the timezone. Also, do you have skype?

Edited by Tumbleweed707

I've only been playing a few days as well although I haven't has quite as much bad luck.  I've died several times and it's always frustrating to me as well after I've just spent 3 hours amassing the mere basics to just not die period.  By other players... once someone knocked me unconscious on the coast in a starting area.  And the other 2 were by people sniper-ing from a roof somewhere, but also relatively near the coast.  Those were very annoying at the time.  I didn't have anything of value and I'm sure if they had a scope to sniper me with, then they could see all I had was a baseball bat. They couldn't have needed anything I had, they were merely killing for sport.  But those were only 3 of my deaths in about 15. 

The other deaths were usually from zombies or a fall while I was already in poor health.  Once I died of starvation right in front of a pumpkin patch.  THAT one was annoying but I know this is alpha, and that fix is coming.  I did have a few GOOD instances of meeting other players too, especially after I moved inland. (more loot too) I would see someone and panic and they would call out to let me know they were there or to tell me they were friendly.  I learned to use the coms enough to call out friendly back and the F1 raise a hand in hello.  Most of them had guns but it was obvious I was new and they could see my noob 'weapon' and just said hello and moved on their way.  One even offered me some food and a water bottle. I had seen so many bad hold up videos I was grateful to come across these players. 

Beans to all of them :beans:

I usually crouch run, never fully upright if this helps.  And I run from one cover to another ie, bush to bush, or to fence, or to tree.  I use the Right mouse button to zoom in and take a look ahead every so often, especially in towns. 

I used to be just like you, yes, but my advantage is my timezone, when I play at midday, most people are either at school or work, lol. But even then, there are many people who enjoy sniping me, even on low population servers. First, here are som facts,the coast may be filled with bandits, but it's the best place for loot. Here is a map : http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus : You will most likely spawn in either Komyshovo, or Solichiny, (i probably spelled it wrong) Heading towards Elektro, then Chernogrosk, then Balota is the quickest way to gain loot, albeit extremely dangerous. If you do this, immidiatley head back the way you came, and help out new-spawns, wear a bike helmet, so they can't knock you out. Try to assemble a small team of friends, and play togetehr, power in numbers. Drinking 20 times from a fountain gives at least 1H of play. Be stealthy untill you are formidable. Stay away from armed people, if they try to talk, reply, then hide, and don't reply again, he'll think you logged.

Any other questions, I'll asnwer.

Unbelieveable, he is getting killed a lot and you send him running along the coast through elektro and cherno to balota.

The worst path you can take.

Unbelieveable, he is getting killed a lot and you send him running along the coast through elektro and cherno to balota.

The worst path you can take.

You never know, that route is actually safest for me XD

believe it or not, I guess it's my play style or sheer luck. Every time I die, I run this route, and get fully geared in 1 H

Maybe he is like me, in the sense, 'safe areas' get us killed 'kill zones' are where we thrive. Praying on the twisted souls of the tortured excuses of humans, feeding off the sweet nectar of their veins, and parading their carcasses through teh streets, marveling as their blood pours from the sides. Staring through every window, is where we are, targeting, and crawling behind you, rising up with the might of demons, we strike you down, that is what we do, that is how we live. We are not bandits, we are not KOSERS, nor are we heroes, we are barely human... We are... Survivors...

Edited by Tumbleweed707

Honestly if you're a noob and asking if getting shot at is normal, yes, yes it is being shot at is a normal thing... You can either buck up and take it on the chin and hope for a better spawn or you can learn to stay away from roads and run through the woods and scout out for players and try to determine if its worth going down and having the possibility of getting shot... Don't just assume everyone is friendly because the vast majority seems to either be on the fence or just straight up bandits... And heading north can be a good and bad thing, you might find someone you can trust, or you will run into other people who are doing what you are doing and will decide to kill you take an obstacle out of their path... When on the coast Balota, Cherno, and Elektro are some of the worst places to linger around for a long time, I normally just hit up one or two buildings get some food and drink and gtfo, otherwise you're just painting a target on yourself.

Again, depending on your timezone, The elektro, cherno, balota route can be a quick way. Most people get a completely different experience, but I have learned, if your smart, you can get full gear within 1 H. On that route, I have seen a few people in Elektro, they ran off, one dead guy in Cherno, and a bunch of zombies, and finally Balota, the most dangerous, even for me. Be careful, don't spend more than five mins in Balota.

Does everyone else die that much?  I have only been playing for a week, tend to join relatively populated servers, and have only died 2 times.  I don't actively look for PvP on the coast, but do a fair amount at the air bases and Cherno because it tends to find me.  Is it normal to get killed a lot, even on max polulated servers i don't see that many people in the major areas.  

Does everyone else die that much?  I have only been playing for a week, tend to join relatively populated servers, and have only died 2 times.  I don't actively look for PvP on the coast, but do a fair amount at the air bases and Cherno because it tends to find me.  Is it normal to get killed a lot, even on max polulated servers i don't see that many people in the major areas.

BROTHER BCKane!!! YOUR ONE OF US!!!!

Maybe he is like me, in the sense, 'safe areas' get us killed 'kill zones' are where we thrive.

Most likely he is not, guess why ?

Because he dies a lot, even without your stupid suggestion.

Praying on the twisted souls of the tortured excuses of humans, feeding off the sweet nectar of their veins, and parading their carcasses through teh streets, marveling as their blood pours from the sides. Staring through every window, is where we are, targeting, and crawling behind you, rising up with the might of demons, we strike you down, that is what we do, that is how we live. We are not bandits, we are not KOSERS, nor are we heroes, we are barely human... We are... Survivors...

Yadadablablabla.

Most likely he is not, guess why ?

Because he dies a lot, even without your stupid suggestion.

Yadadablablabla.

Lol, got bored, and lost it. What's up with you? I simply suggested how I play, your not him, he doesn't have to listen, my style works for me, and I find it just fine. My 'stupid siggestion' is how everyone in my squad plays, and we all are fully geared, and have been alive for the past week, well except for our newest member, but he's stupid for shooting at zeds in the middle Chernaus while alone XD

Lets move on.

*Virtual Hug Pending*

Tumble, :D .  Just wondering if i'm "doing it wrong" ... well as much as you can do anything wrong in this game.  Then again, i'm a timid little flower and tend not to run down the road or run through the middle of town during the day.   

when you spawn in solinichy or kamishovo run north until berizino, in berizino go to construction yard for backpack maybe some ammo or fire.splitting axe, check diner across road for weapon attachments, backpacks, axes if you can't find in construction site.  head to the lumber mill next and go into the school.  Check bottom for food, top for guns.  Next (assuming you've been smart and carefull and not killed already) head inland into town and check the grocery store by the two big apartment building for food and a compass.  Head to the hospital further inland for medical supplies, check the grocery store near the hospital for more food and whatever.  Go the well across the street of the hospital to the north.  Next go back to the coast and head north, go into the trainstation and check for vests/food.  Check all the barns and wharehouses for clothing/weapons.  Head North on the coast until you find the shipwreck.  Check inside bunks for cool stuff like military vests, bullet proof vests, bomber jackets, and random junk.  When you get out of the shipwreck run directly towards the tar road with the sea at your back.  When you get to the road head South for a short distance untill you get to a gravel road.  Turn right and head down it untill it forks.  When it forks go right again.  Go on this road past the big rocks until you come to a bunch of logs.  You'll know you are the right place if you can see a stream to your right.  Turn towards it and run so that you hit the area where the stream has a break in it.  Carry on going that way and you'll get to the North Eastern Airfield.  Check it for guns and other gear.  Hopefully you'll be geared up enough now to go either towards elektro or the North Western Airfield and be able to defend yourself.

Remember the person who is spotted first dies so be sneaky and remain unseen.  Look twice move once, take your time.

Tumble, :D .  Just wondering if i'm "doing it wrong" ... well as much as you can do anything wrong in this game.  Then again, i'm a timid little flower and tend not to run down the road or run through the middle of town during the day.

STUPID FLOWER

That is exactly what I do, the more wrong I do in this game, it seems the better I play overall!!!! JOIN ME IN MY SO WRONG YET SO RIGHT WAYS.

Seriously, I choose speed over stealth, as with stealth, if your caught your done. With speed, the trick is to keep your hunters guessing, i;m used to being the hunter, and the hunted. The best trick, is to make your opponents THINK they have the advantage. That's how I beat this random, I ran, used ALT to watch him, he came sprinting thinking I didn't know...BAM, he ended up out cold.

I will use some of this info for sure. Im in Toronto if anyone wants to add me and play.

Thanks