RickJones

Zombies Allowed To Hear Direct Comms

Hi guys, this is Rick (Maybe no one knows me, as it's my 1st post in this forums :P)

So, I've searched the forums for this, but didn't seem to find any topic related to this (didn't spend much time looking, tbh xD; if someone made a topic on this, then pardon me, my bad); so here goes:

I suggest allowing zeds to hear players' direct comms chatting... Or be atracted to the source of the chatting. If you think about it, zeds are mostly atracted by sounds/noises; so it's only natural that, if the zeds are within the chatting radius, they would move towards the source of the sound.

Any feedback is welcome  B)

• Like 8

damn you beat me to it i was going to suggest this. well gg man you have my beans

• Like 1

I'd also want to be able to hear people in direct when they speak on a third party voice program so they don't have an advantage ( also shuts up the people i play with since they seem to have a lot of female genes when playing and you need to be aware of your surroundings = chatterbox )

I would love to see something like this in the game :)
The question is, can the engine support it? I dunno, ive never seen something like this in a RV engine game hehe

Well, there's not much we can do about that Enforcer... I guess we just have to do the same :P

I would love to see something like this in the game :)

The question is, can the engine support it? I dunno, ive never seen something like this in a RV engine game hehe

That would be amazing indeed; although using 3rd party VoIP's would completely void this... :P

That would be amazing indeed; although using 3rd party VoIP's would completely void this... :P

True, but that is something you can never avoid tbh, clans will always use it, most communities will always use it :)

It cannot be prevented hehe

True, but that is something you can never avoid tbh, clans will always use it, most communities will always use it :)

It cannot be prevented hehe

Yep; unless the devs find a way to somehow link all 3rd party chatting to Direct comms... Would be interesting.... 

The mic should be always on as long as the game is running, this way teamspeak would reverb horribly in-game and would become a bad idea :thumbsup:
Imagine you hear a bunch of bandits talking, then one says "Be right back, I'll go smoke one" the other says "Good idea I gotta go pee" then you know it's the time to strike, best way to simulate getting Rambo'd while being helpless (or even faking it while you think someone is stalking you)! Oh man the possibilities ^_^ !
Also, makes finding a pair of walkie talkies a great find!

Edited by Humansteak29

Yep; unless the devs find a way to somehow link all 3rd party chatting to Direct comms... Would be interesting.... 

Honestly i cant see this happening, they would get in trouble for "forcing" people to use this.

And it would require some kind of "voice protocol" which recognizes every single 3rd party VOIP software on the planet and channels that into the game :)

I see tons of trouble coming from that lol 

The mic should be always on as long as the game is running, this way teamspeak would reverb horribly in-game and would become a bad idea :thumbsup:

Imagine you hear a bunch of bandits talking, then one says "Be right back, I'll go smoke one" the other says "Good idea I gotta go pee" then you know it's the time to strike, best way to simulate getting Rambo'd while being helpless (or even faking it while you think someone is stalking you)! Oh man the possibilities ^_^ !

Also, makes finding a pair of walkie talkies a great find!

And this is most likely the worst idea hehe.

We need PTT, this is the exact reason i hate skype lol, people coughing and yelling and all kinds of crap, i dont have to listen to this :)

No game developer, in they're right mind, would ever force an open mic during the entire gameplay, its just silly mate :)

I don't want to hijack OP's great idea, so I'll be starting a thread about this now, share your thoughts! B)

*Looks at above post*
Or not, though coughing/sneezing is something that'd make you very detectable ^^

Edited by Humansteak29

have my mics always on would be a bad idea. even if someone isn't talking and they ahve a loud background noise then they are screwed. I also don't care much for this idea. I understand the logic of it but I feel that no one would want to talk in towns and instead telling you to get down they would just shoot you so more people would KoS.

I've snuck up on zombies that didn't detect me until I screamed at them through my voip. They get aggro'ed so I think it is already in game.

The mic always on is an invasion of privacy. I can't tell you how many times a friend would put down his head set to walk away and we would hear everything going on in his house. Mic always on will never happen. Bad idea. Also, I like to listen to music while I play, you want that blaring out over chat all the time? Nope, not ever.

100% agree that using direct chat should alert the zombies in range.

Merges well with the tactical hand signal suggestion.