Sign in to follow this  
crazyandlazy

With Work, I Wish I Had Friends To Play This Game With

I only get about an hour of play during the weekdays and it's only right before dinner time. I play almost the whole day during the weekends. I wish I had game friends.

I have came across multiple group of geared friends and they would all coordinate with each other and be so sneaky when I have gunfights with them. Would be good to actually experience that.

Who else games alone?

I only play with one other gaming buddy. We do coordinate well and have had some pretty interesting moments. Its far less stressful then playing solo, in which case when im alone if I think I hear a sound ill go into the nearest building or other cover and sit paranoid for several minutes before moving. 

The other day in Berezino after I had respawned due to accidental death (fell off a roof, oops) I ran and met up with a friend who was fully geared. He gave me a sawn off shotgun and 2 snap loaders and few pieces of ammo. Shortly after loading the gun I heard someone talking over direct chat in the distance so I went towards the sound. I found a dead body with a few pieces of ruined loot who had clearly just been killed near the school house. I went inside and found no one on that bottom floor as I was about to go upstairs a person with an orange backpack ran past me outside so I followed.. he immediately turned and as he said "don't shoot" I shot him point blank with my sawn off and he dropped. As I approached his body I was shot twice, apparently with pellets as it didn't kill me or even make me bleed but I was clearly hurt as my screen was extremely fuzzy and my character was grunting.. I ran back inside the school and ducked down behind the stairs, as I crouched a player ran past with a double barrel so I ran up behind him and again point blank shot him in the back of the head and he fell.. he was heavily geared but most of what he had was destroyed. My friend at this point had caught up but missed the action so we grabbed what was still in good shape and hid the body. As I was bad off I went to a nearby building to look for food or hopefully a saline bag.. instead as soon as I had exited the building (I had a magnum now from the second guy I had killed with a TON of ammo) I seen a player with a fireaxe running straight at me! So I shot him once and he doesn't drop and manages to hit me and I begin to bleed so I start to run and panic and turn and fire a second shot in him but I don't see him drop so I ran to the other side of the school building and bandage myself as quickly as possible as now I can see pretty much nothing at all. My friend goes outside and finds his body with his axe and a bunch more .357 rounds.

My friend gives me pain killers he has and injects me with morphine but I continue to grunt in pain and I can barely makeout even his character 10 feet away. We go upto the hospital as I still clearly need medical attention and find it looted dry. We start looking in nearby houses for loot when I decide to stop and eat as much as possible so my friend gives me all the food he has and I consume it.. while im eating in the building across the street he can see movement and it appears to be two players but I cannot see anything as everything is still just a blur.. suddenly a player runs out with his axe up and I fire my magnum and he begins to bleed, I run as to not get hit by his axe and my friend finishes him. Knowing a second player is nearby we slowly move to new positions, I spot a player moving around the corner of a building and my friend loops around to the other side and catches him off guard and drops him, he had a painted mosin so we didn't bother to take it and several food items I take and eat immediately..

We start to go north and tap off our water supplies on our way out of town. We make it to the town south of the NEAF and I consume the few food items we find and though stuffed I get the healing status! Within 5 minutes I was healthy and my screen had returned to normal! So I was brought back from the brink of death thanks to the food my friend had supplied me. We made our way to the NWAF bypassing the NEAF completely so I can get geared as just a magnum and 2 shots left on my shotgun isn't going to help in a firefight even though my friend is well equipped with an m4. We make it and I gear up but we never did find an m4 before we logged off.

So, TL:DR having a friend can be HUGE.. I was on the brink of death, unable to even make out characters standing still 10 feet away but thanks to his supplies and finding a few extra pieces of food items from those we killed manage to bring me back and now we are both VERY well geared.

Edited by Epsilon
  • Like 2

Add me up send me message!!

I usually play every chance of free time there is...

Sorry about the link

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=221416440

But you can have some pretty good fun playing with people. At one point there was ten of us....All walking not running. down the sidewalk...lookin both ways to cross the street (non-existent cars ya know) Too much fun.  

Edited by Loafy

Yeah Epsilon. I want those team ups. I have came across groups of even two that are very tactical as in one scouts with mosin and the other guy loots the town. My guess is that they share the loot afterwards. I have ran into other types of coordinations where they ambush me and pinpoint me to a location and the other flanks his way to kill me.

People are getting VEEEEEEEEEERY sneaky in this game. Two heads is better than one. Wish I had someone to play with :[

I wish I had no friends so I could play alone.

I play very carefully and it's extremely rare that someone surprises me. And if someone gets lucky it's extremely hard to get me since I'm pro at getting the fuck away.
But my friends are Rambo's. They think they can go out and fuck everyone up. And they drag me to hell with them because if I don't go then I never see the end to their whine.

Sorry about the link

But you can have some pretty good fun playing with people. At one point there was ten of us....All walking not running. down the sidewalk...lookin both ways to cross the street (non-existent cars ya know) Too much fun.  

You live on the East Coast of U.S? I will add you on steam when I get home and message you. I'm at work now xD

Pacific Canadian Style.

We're only 3 hours apart. I'll add you. I play around 5p.m your time(PST) for an hour or so during weekdays. Weekends I am on almost all the time. Hoping to getting a dayz friend :]

I opened was protecting my territory, Zelenegorsk, last night and saw two players near the jail behind the metal storage containers.  One was bandaging.  I had them in my ACOG sights for about 3 minutes.  I could have killed one at any point, since he was apparently crouched and managing his inventory.  The other was roaming around.  I didn't know if they were hostile though and felt like I was too far away to call out (and being alone I didn't trust them enough to risk exposure anyway).  I moved over to look and see if they had entered the jail yet and saw the door was open and a dead person was inside.

At that point I decided to engage since they were either bandits or just aggressive most likely).  I waited until one was in a barrack and fired off a few rounds at the second player.  Unfortunately I was leaning too close to the wall and my rounds dug into the wall and didn't go anywhere.  Lacking back up and not liking my odds against two geared players without the element of surprise, I moved downtown and set up an ambush in the cafe building overlooking the square.  They never came (I assume they were server hopping or got scared off).

Most of the time I run with two or three other people. Had that been the case, I would have stayed and held the up or risked questioning them.  In this case, I was forced to be more careful.  Having friends with you makes it far easier to approach others and reduces the total risks by giving you extra eyes.

I opened was protecting my territory, Zelenegorsk, last night and saw two players near the jail behind the metal storage containers.  One was bandaging.  I had them in my ACOG sights for about 3 minutes.  I could have killed one at any point, since he was apparently crouched and managing his inventory.  The other was roaming around.  I didn't know if they were hostile though and felt like I was too far away to call out (and being alone I didn't trust them enough to risk exposure anyway).  I moved over to look and see if they had entered the jail yet and saw the door was open and a dead person was inside.

At that point I decided to engage since they were either bandits or just aggressive most likely).  I waited until one was in a barrack and fired off a few rounds at the second player.  Unfortunately I was leaning too close to the wall and my rounds dug into the wall and didn't go anywhere.  Lacking back up and not liking my odds against two geared players without the element of surprise, I moved downtown and set up an ambush in the cafe building overlooking the square.  They never came (I assume they were server hopping or got scared off).

Most of the time I run with two or three other people. Had that been the case, I would have stayed and held the up or risked questioning them.  In this case, I was forced to be more careful.  Having friends with you makes it far easier to approach others and reduces the total risks by giving you extra eyes.

The two probably combat logged. But yeah you are right, it makes interaction much more feasable if you are with friends. One can always cover for vantange points. More interactions lead to more fun so yeah I wish I had friends :[

I play alone and don't mind it. Mainly due to playing weird hours on low population servers.

Trying to talk a mate into playing more, he has it but don't "get it".

If you would like to find a buddy or a group then you should join my community's teamspeak! We're Adrenaline Gaming and we even have our own server for DayZ. Our Ts i.p. is adrenaline-gaming.net .You'll definitely find people to team up with.

Edited by xAtrocity
  • Like 1

I concur! A Much better experience whilst playing with friends. Soloing is fun too, you need to be more on your toes. But having a friend there is helps at times! 
If anyone is from the UK, feel free to tag a long  :thumbsup: 

I play alone, now Im sick and need someone to help me saline myself. Im fucked up.

Fran, where are you in game?

Edited by jumling

If you would like to find a buddy or a group then you should join my community's teamspeak! We're Adrenaline Gaming and we even have our own server for DayZ. Our Ts i.p. is adrenaline-gaming.net .You'll definitely find people to team up with.

I would do that but I wanted to have a group of loners. Joining an already established group is kinda hard.

Sorry about the link

its_a_trap.gif

Sorry, but it just seems too shady.

I never play with people on these kind of games. They either get me killed, or they themselves kill me. I just play lone wolf.

Edited by AntonioAJC

its_a_trap.gif

Sorry, but it just seems too shady.

I never play with people on these kind of games. They either get me killed, or they themselves kill me. I just play lone wolf.

No risks no reward. Besides I am a new spawn. I died before I went to bed last night from a firefight. The guy that shot me died as well cause we fell to the floor at the same time. 

My steam name is the same as my Dayz Forum name.  If you feel like it, we play fairly regularly, though I am on the east coast USA, so that may limit where and when you could play.  No clue where you might be.

Feel free to add me.  I am not interested in friending killing if that is a thing (which it probably is according to the Ackbar meme!)

My steam name is the same as my Dayz Forum name.  If you feel like it, we play fairly regularly, though I am on the east coast USA, so that may limit where and when you could play.  No clue where you might be.

Feel free to add me.  I am not interested in friending killing if that is a thing (which it probably is according to the Ackbar meme!)

I am in New York. I'll add you when I get home. Right now two other people wants to team up so in total, including you and myself, we have a four men group.

I play alone also, sad and lonely full pristine gear looking for other ppl to talk to and not to KoS. Actually at this point I don't know what to do anymore, I don't need food or drink, I would like to trade my fully pristine M4 for a pristine Mosin since loot is very limited im having a hard time tracking one down. So if interested in a small trade hit me up.

I am in New York. I'll add you when I get home. Right now two other people wants to team up so in total, including you and myself, we have a four men group.

I have a good friend in Florida who plays often and another friend in Maine with me who plays as well (though he is a little bandity at times - I like to play friendly).

It's really easy to make friends on here.

1: Don't be a dick. This is different than not KoSing or w/e. Your playstyle decides who you group with. I don't play with carebears, but I also don't shoot bambi's (Help them or take their blood, catch and release style). This has led me to make a group of like-minded friends (Either RL or friends of friends). 

2: Put yourself out there! Making this post definitely will help you. If you are like some people who are constantly scared of grouping with people, then you won't ever find a friend. It takes a special breed of sociopath to become steam friends with you, join a skype call, find you and collaborate and then kill you/delete you as a friend/etc. Once someone has broken a personal level with you, its 100x harder for someone to gun you down.

3: Join a clan. Pretty self-explanatory. United under a single banner, people are more likely to coordinate.

Either way, I dont suggest lonewolfing it. SO MUCH better to die and have the opportunity to have your friend stow away all your hard earned gear instead of losing it because someone had a LRS and a hard-on for random murder.

If you want, add me on steam: "Wiggin Miller".

I play alone also, sad and lonely full pristine gear looking for other ppl to talk to and not to KoS. Actually at this point I don't know what to do anymore, I don't need food or drink, I would like to trade my fully pristine M4 for a pristine Mosin since loot is very limited im having a hard time tracking one down. So if interested in a small trade hit me up.

Well I just died last night so I won't have that much loot to trade you. I don't really need to trade because it only takes me max 1 hour 30 minutes to gear up. I am a mosin player and I have a ton of info[my personal map where I mark mosin spawns-ongoing]. I see you are in the Bronx, Want to join our group and make it 5 people? It will be worth your while cause I know where to hit for loot. Even have screen caps of houses with the most loot.

I have a good friend in Florida who plays often and another friend in Maine with me who plays as well (though he is a little bandity at times - I like to play friendly).

I am neither a bandit nor a hero so I would be ok with both your friends joining as long as we promise we won't hurt each other[not even for jokes cause that might cause resentment/negativity]. I don't preach about morals and you can play however you want so the bandit guy is cool if he wants to roll.