Dcknipe

Bambi's Knocking Out Geared Players.

Guys, ok here's the deal..

If your getting knocked out by fresh spawns, and they are looting you...

Quick fix, play with someone.. Currently my group of 5-6 people (all armed) makes bambi's log before talking distance.. We do occasionally get to talk to a few, sometimes we kill them, sometimes we let them go.

(my version of newspawn, is unarmed, melee and backpack to me is still quite fresh, hence still newspawn)

Power is in numbers period, one dude caught with his pants down by a fresh spawn.. hell it's almost even. Playing in spawn land by yourself is as dangerous as running across an airfield on a high pop server...

EDIT: I am not ashamed to admit, I have been knocked the fuck out fully geared.. And yes I was being a dbag... It's very humbling.

Edited by Deepfryer
  • Like 1

Huh?  (I'm not familiar with a lot of the terms you just used, please explain) (I'm being serious)

the youtuber frankieonpc coined the term "bambi" for new, unexperienced players. it went from a funny connotation to an unnervingly overused phrase, mostly pronounced by self-proclaimed veterans, looking down on new players doing newb stuff. it has nothing to do with being a freshspawn though.

nowadays if a player uses this term, he either wants to appear to others as a veteran, condescendingly looking down on new players, or he uses this term because he saw others use it, but has no idea about its meaning - nicely demonstrated in this thread where people refer to freshspawns as "bambis"..

so "bambi" has basically become another linguistic ulcer like "yolo" or "swag", metastasizing through social media, disconnected from its original meaning

so yeah, dont use "bambi" because cancer.

this may constitute a rant on my part. just sayin'.

• Like 1

I just wear a motorcycle helmet. What's so hard about that?

Yea, about that, i was wearing a ballistic helmet, got knocked right the fuck out... I really don't think it matter's what's on your head, it's a chance for the character..

This is a double edged sword kinda convo.. On one hand someone has control issues and takes it out on what they assume are simple defenseless flashlight toting noobs... On the other end, sometimes these spawnse just try take from geared players, even when not under threat or anything from them..

You will have complains on both sides... Just know, this does add depth.. It isn't safe anywhere, especially for the solo player.. These guy's will sit in the hills of kamyshovo smoke spawns for an hour and then come in here and complain that they got smoked by a set of fists.. No mercy should be granted on you..

Edited by Deepfryer

The knock out level in this game is ridiculous.  Even professional fighters, who hit lethally hard at their size, aren't able to have the success rates on knock downs exhibited in this game.

I have done some boxing in my past, and pro or semi-pro fighters hit unbelievably hard.  Your average Joe of the street on the other hand can hit and hurt you, but nobody is getting knocked out with a jab or cross at the rate seen here.

That said, if a new spawn gets anywhere within 10 feet of me I tell them to back off.  If they don't, they get shot.

• Like 2

just wait until footsteps are fixed (if it's fixed...as far as sneaking is concerned) Then being a PoS victim goes from distant worry to very real possibility :P

Going off-topic here but yeah what's with the footsteps? I find that normal jogging is much more quieter than crouch walking.

This is why I just shoot anyone who comes within 15-20 feet of me. Laugh it up, I'll wait for your KoS thread.

The knock out level in this game is ridiculous.  Even professional fighters, who hit lethally hard at their size, aren't able to have the success rates on knock downs exhibited in this game.

I have done some boxing in my past, and pro or semi-pro fighters hit unbelievably hard.  Your average Joe of the street on the other hand can hit and hurt you, but nobody is getting knocked out with a jab or cross at the rate seen here.

That said, if a new spawn gets anywhere within 10 feet of me I tell them to back off.  If they don't, they get shot.

My friend got suckerpunched at the bar about two months ago, broke his jaw in 5 places. He was combat ineffective for at least 15 seconds.

You know if your doing this over and over and have been playing a while your not even a bambi any more, your just a respawn.

such passionate feelings. It's a game. The feeling/fun of KOing is part of the game. Blame the developers for putting it in. Not the players.

This shows me that you are just as narrow minded as some Al Quaida Terrorists who thinks blowing himself into pieces with some innocent will bring him to heaven.

See the thing is that this game is a Post Apocalyptic Horror survival game... and they have putted real life issues like hunger thirst and vice versa.. Things which actually gives you the need to survive somehow. They implemented weapons into game coz the developers wanted you to be able to defend yourself against the zombie threat which is in every corner in this game world.

For you to be able to shoot other players doesn't mean that the game engine is broken, it would be broken IF you weren't able to shoot on people too, because this would totally not be realistic at all... and the main theme of this game is the real life conditions it provides.

That said, it still doesn't mean that you should kill people. You know this is the aspect of the game which presents the choice to you to be someone who can be helpful or some douche bag who just has bullshit in his mind. I call those people DOUCHE BAG'S not because they kill people in game. BECAUSE if this scenario would be real, they would try to do everything in their power to gather with other people in order to survive. He/she would not try to kill people for no relevant reason (except self defense), coz he would know that he is totally alone in such a world, and that the other survivors are his only option to live out this chaos without harm.

So doing such a thing just because to say " hey its a game he will re spawn somewhere else" is actually just a selfish and kiddish whim and simple mindedness ... you can't ruin the game experience of other people just because you would have fun killing someone which you couldn't do in real life at all.

And the other thing is, just to respect other people and their right to play the game and having fun.

Edited by gingatsu
  • Like 2

PoS...

That has 2 meanings. Piece of shit or punch on sight. Do the 2 meanings have a correlation..I think so..

But I can't quite discern what it is.

• Like 2

1)you just give people more reason to kill scumbags like you on first sight...

2)You kill the opportunity of people helping each other because they expect such shit from those so called "bambi" like you call yourself.

3) you think you're smart coz sneaking to people who chooses to talk to you instead to shoot you on sight, but here's the news... you're a douche bag and that what you do is not smart at all.. its just the abuse of the people's good will.

Im really happy that my friends cover me while I'm talking to fresh spawns and when we give em some food or water... and we kill those idiots who we warn first and who doesn't listen to warnings at all coz theyre douche bags nonetheless

The abuse of people's good will is smart.

The ability to be a sociopath is a big part of DayZ.

Edited by Altimor

Yes, all this! 

It would make more sense if hitting someone from behind had a high chance of a knockout, while hitting from the front had a very low chance of a knockout.

Same would apply for prone vs standing. 

Definitely needs balancing, and in my opinion knockouts should be rare unless you hit from behind.

Know how to 'balance' this? Broken hands/wrists. You hit someone hard enough to knock them out when they're wearing a helmet/gasmask/whatever? With your bare hand? You're probably going to feel that shit.

Sorry I'm late boys and girls...so many quotables. There were times when it started to become one-sided, but you people brought it back. Thanks for the laughs.

• Like 1

It's true that punching seems a bit OP right now. 1 - 2 hits from your usual fella or a chick, would not send you to coma in 90% of the cases anyway.

I mean it's good we can use our fists to fight, some adjusting would be nice so I guess we will have to wait and see.

Punched out a server hopper as he was loading in at the berezino factory this morning, took his hunting backpack and m4, left him unconscious on the ground naked.

No remorse.

Punched out a server hopper as he was loading in at the berezino factory this morning, took his hunting backpack and m4, left him unconscious on the ground naked.

No remorse.

I always add a little teabagging action in when I can. It makes for a nice finishing touch.

Do you really think that killing unarmed players is the only reason to be armed near the coast?

That's sad.. 

yea i got killed yesterday trying to meet a freshspawned friend in berezino.... assholes rolled up and killed me, calling me bandit this and asshole that.... it's getting progressively harder to NOT just KoS lately as i only have good encounters when I'm unarmed. as soon as i get a weapon the first person i run into loads me full of bullets while im trying to talk to them

My friend got suckerpunched at the bar about two months ago, broke his jaw in 5 places. He was combat ineffective for at least 15 seconds.

It isnt that it cant happen, it is that it is extremely rare.  If you know the strike is coming it is even less likely.  Suckerpunches can be stunning, but that isn't what the game is showing.  It has an unbalanced punch mechanic in a game where you can hit someone with a baseball bat ten times before there is any obvious effect.

I've ran into a lot of you. I hang out with a big bag of food and ask new spawns if they need some. Every once in a while someone tries this, nobody has succeeded on me and they wind up with either a bullet or a load of shot in them.

So your fine with being an unproductive sarcastic ass?.. Welcome to my ignore list you waste of space.. Don't bother to reply, i wont see it. Typical fucking americans

lol @ us rootin-tootin americans being the rude, egotistical ones globally

• Like 1

It isnt that it cant happen, it is that it is extremely rare.  If you know the strike is coming it is even less likely.  Suckerpunches can be stunning, but that isn't what the game is showing.  It has an unbalanced punch mechanic in a game where you can hit someone with a baseball bat ten times before there is any obvious effect.

Pretty much this, well said PhillyT.  I don't have a problem with punches being able to knock someone out.  1 punch?  Meh...I mean I suppose.  I don't completely understand how this "Shock" system works, but the gist seems to be that every time you're are hurt (melee, shot, falling) you a) start bleeding and take shock b ) lose health and take shock, possible just lose blood too without bleeding c) b plus bleeding effect.  Shock value goes up as you take damage, and once it is higher then your blood level (possibly health level) you go unconscious.  This is when people would use defibs and epipens on someone.

That all said, any attack in this game should be reflected by an amount of damage (to either blood or health, or both - still not sure of the exact correlation there) as well as produce a shock value.  Targeting the head should likely produce higher values of both.  So then depending on the state of the targeted player, a single punch to the head could indeed cause unconsciousness.  This should be especially notable in fresh spawns who likely start with a lowered health/blood level, thereby it takes less shock to cause a knockout.  However fully healthy players, with full blood and zero shock levels should take a couple strikes - depending on the exact damage values of a punch.  Adding head protection into the equation further complicates matters, but you can see where I'm going with this.  It's all math, and math should be easy to balance.  Having weird game mechanics like a "chance for knockout on every hit" is complicated and unnecessary - but then again, I'm not one of the Devs and if they want to put something like that in (or already have it in) that's their call.

The root of the problem comes from the fact that melee right now is ridiculously unbalanced - surely it will get balanced at some point, and I'm putting together a detailed post that hopefully leads to a discussion that can give the Devs some insight on what we're looking for (assuming they want to please us, they seem like nice chaps).  Until all of that happens, I guess just be careful of people with fists up and people with axes.  Every other weapon doesn't seem like too big of a threat right now.

Edited by - Karma -
  • Like 1

well in real life it works, but you have to be doing like a running punch, and the person has to not  like "shrink their face" to protect from the punch, and take the full hit, and plus it doesn't always work.

well you only need a clean hit to the chin. an clean uppercut hit to the chin will knock you out. 

sorry my bad. i did think you was talking of real life lol

Edited by plation