MMaxamillion

1.8.1 And The Future Of The Mod.

Hey all, I'm new to the DayZ community and I noticed there is a rolling changelog for 1.8.1 and it hasn't been released yet.

My questions to mods or devs are;

What is the future of the mod? (after 1.8.1?)

Is 1.8.1 still in development or has all work shifted too the standalone?

and will we see the mod get any additional features down the road after this patch?

Thankyou :)

Those are the questions I ask myself as well.. Seems quite long for a mod update.

Agreed... Some similar posts were made about this just recently, but I think they didn't bring answers :(

Afaik the mod guys aren't the same as the SA devs. But I guess most of them are busy playing SA.

Those are the questions I ask myself as well.. Seems quite long for a mod update.

mod don't pay the bilzzzzzz

Afaik the mod guys aren't the same as the SA devs. But I guess most of them are busy playing SA.

Well this is some good news if that is the case  :lol:

Well this is some good news if that is the case  :lol:

That is the case :)

Also the devs on the mod are doing it for free, because they want to, they dont get anything for it hehe.

But Rocket still has to sign off on the final changelog, before a patch rolles out.

This could explain why it takes so long for a patch to come out, they all need to find the time to actually write the codes and make it work, next to they're everyday job, where as the devs on SA are doing it for a living :)

• Like 1

Well RAZOR49 posted this on January 14th:

We have a new fishing kit coming in at some point. when that happens ill enable lake side fishing

Source: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/149928-dayz-mod-1803-hotfix/?p=1667245

So it would seem like they are still working on it, unless something has dramaticly changed during the past two weeks :)

Edited by Byrgesen

Well RAZOR49 posted this on January 14th:

Source: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/149928-dayz-mod-1803-hotfix/?p=1667245

So it would seem like they are still working on it, unless something has dramaticly changed during the past two weeks :)

That should be good, and the best we could hope for would be sandbags and barbed wire that actually stops zombies!

as far as i know the mod is still in development and 1.8.1. will be a huge update (see changelog for details). the mod team has to get the ok from rocket to release the update though. they asked to do so a few weeks ago but rocket didn't comply because of the recent release of SA (sales and stuff i guess).

Rocket isn't working on the mod anymore, it's some other people now. I have no clue who they are though.

Rocket isn't working on the mod anymore, it's some other people now. I have no clue who they are though.

The same people who have worked on it for almost a year now, after Rocket moved on to SA :)

You can contact RAZOR49, if you want to get in on the dev team for the mod, you just need to understand the codes in the RV engine and how to create mods for Arma 2 hehe.

Razor49's the man.  I read somewhere recently and he said they have 1.8.1 ready, asked for release around the time the SA came out and were told no.  Which makes sense.  Not sure what the timeline looks like now though.  It's really amazing how much the mod has transformed since I started playing (well over a year ago).  They've all done a really good job.

Razor49's the man.  I read somewhere recently and he said they have 1.8.1 ready, asked for release around the time the SA came out and were told no.  Which makes sense.  Not sure what the timeline looks like now though.  It's really amazing how much the mod has transformed since I started playing (well over a year ago).  They've all done a really good job.

Indeed, theres some fine people working on the mod and its become quite a big team, for a non profit mod tbh :)

I doubt it will die out, as its very different from the SA and people will keep playing the mod for a good long amount of time, because of the buggy SA alpha hehe

• Like 1

Especially since the mod is labeled as an alpha version. A lot of work has been put out to the mod and I really can't wait to try out the new version soon.

• Like 1

It would be nice if they release it. Kind of like a last Hurrah I suppose.

Myself and others that play the mod still enjoy it even though we have the SA. 

Future of the mod? Alpha forever. Will never leave "alpha". Even though version 1.0 signifies completion, they still call it an alpha for some reason in version 1.8.1. The mod is complete, and they will just add stuff to it from now until the end of the project.

Edited by omgwtfbbq