Mays (DayZ)

Why do I see no bandits?

I know, some people would say that's good but I like the challenge of bandits attacking me. It's not cause I stay by the coast cause I go North now.

I see none of them. In every YT video I watch they attack/get attacked by bandits..

It's interesting, I was actually just thinking about this. My character is a week old and I haven't been shot at or attacked in several days. I've been staying north, and in my experience since the no weapon on spawn change, there are fewer people in general up here.

It's hard to verify this, i only frequent a small number of servers, but I have definitely noticed a marked drop in the number of people spotted the further north you go.

It's interesting' date=' I was actually just thinking about this. My character is a week old and I haven't been shot at or attacked in several days. I've been staying north, and in my experience since the no weapon on spawn change, there are fewer people in general up here.

It's hard to verify this, i only frequent a small number of servers, but I have definitely noticed a marked drop in the number of people spotted the further north you go.

[/quote']

Yeah, I get what you mean.

It's BECAUSE you're north that there's not many people shooting each other. Go to the coast for a sure chance of getting attacked.

i like the north too. since the SAF, Elektro and Cherno are the hotspots for PVP i just try to get the basic gear around these points to move instantly inland. there are still a few hunters around looking for easy supplys on fresh players. but most ppl just leave each other alone or even help each other out. at the coast you are on your own. coast = deathmatch.

I actually suspect it's because of the global ban on all the cheaters.

This game's lack of bandit skin during the previous patches was attracting the sociopathic scum of the earth who will do anything at all to gain an advantage over other players and/or ruin their day. Much like EVE Online attracts those players.

Many of these people are the same type of people who will move on to using cheats to further ruin people's play experience. When they got banned, the bandit population dropped considerably.

Plus, you're north.

Hey' date=' I have an idea. Go to NW airfield, I bet you'll find a bandit there... I mean, you probably won't see him, but you'll feel the 50. cal bullet.

[/quote']

Make sure they have loot before you send 'em into my scopes.

I know what you mean. I read all these posts about bandits and everyone just getting shot left and right all day long, and I'm like WTF?...it often feels like a single player game to me I see other people so rarely.

Just like there are hotspots along the coast, there are a few hotspots in the north. The airfields, Stary/Novy Sobor, everywhere with a store, and powerline routes tend to have the most players. Also check the main highways leading north, such as the one that passes through Mogilevka (very common path from Cherno to Stary). And then there's all of the random people scattered in the middle of nowhere, waiting to blow your face off before you ever even get a look at their faces.

there's no "bandits" in this game. just people who want to survive and people who don't.

Hey' date=' I have an idea. Go to NW airfield, I bet you'll find a bandit there... I mean, you probably won't see him, but you'll feel the 50. cal bullet.

[/quote']

There used to be a lot more a few weeks ago, do you not think? I was there for three hours today (ironically with a .50 cal) and not a single person came in that time. I was using zombie spawns as an early warning system, but the place was just empty.

Using the scope I checked the hangers from 300-700meters away to avoid zombies/loot spawning because of me, and there hadn't even been anyone in there, there was no residual loot at all. This was on a 40/40 full server as well

This isn't isolated either, Stary was the same for the last few days. Even the death updates were pretty infrequent.

I believe there should be an item called "Radio" or "CB Radio" and enable us to global chat with others (both with text and voip) after we obtain it as well as few channels to pick - or maybe radio limited to few squares you're in but that's propably too much work to put in (however it would be nice addition in ArmA3). + private channel with ultra rare barrack spawn military radio as a bonus.

By the way today I was on some server and there was only Direct, Vehicle and Group chats enabled and I saw people writing global on side chat (Aqua color text) - and there was only 3 or 4 of them. And there were over 40ppl on that server so I guess not only I didn't know how to use side chat after patch?

Just proves that player killers are cheap and always look for the easiest kill. Why would they trek all the way up North when their prey is easy pickings at the coast? I never go to Cherno or Elektro because I know it's a hot spot for cheap kills. Spawn and head north, you'll pick up everything you need in the small towns along the way. Leave the cities for the gank fest.