brettorious

Shot On Sight

so i thought to discourage people from shooting on site there could be some sort of system where it drives people crazy from pointless killing, like after so many murders when an attack hasnt been made on the player, by maybe flashing images of the people theyve murdered now and again, seeing and hearing thing that arnt there etc. also maybe like a karma system where when players die they become zombies and to respawn they have to attack or kill a player, players who are going round killing willy nilly will get - karma and downed players will spawn near by their location and players who recive good karma by helping others will get maybe some sort of mental boost to allow them to sprint a little further without puking or whatever

i dunno just an idea, sorry if its been said before, im new here.

Its a common thing to find on these forums...

Threads about KOS are everywhere....

Just try to avoid threads about KOS and you will be ok.   :)

i dunno just an idea, sorry if its been said before, im new here.

Protip: If you've got an idea, it's probably already been suggested. Use the Search function to search for specific keywords to see if it has been posted before. If it has, bump an existing topic with your ideas if they're different from the ones posted (or you just want to show support for the idea). If you can't find any topics, knock yourself out starting one.

• Like 1

what are you talking about? i had an idea as i was playing, i thought it seemed like a nice idea and wanted to share it, i googled how to contact day z as iv seen they want feedback from players, this forum came up, i signed up and posted here, wont bother again.

Not sure why your panties get all knoted up when people don't use search and post their own suggestion. I seriously have not seen so many A Hole forum Nazis in my entire life, than right here in this forum. RE FING LAX!

Edited by Hemoglobin

Not sure why your panties get all knoted up when people don't use search and post their own suggestion. I seriously have not seen so many A Hole forum Nazis in my entire life, than right here in this forum. RE FING LAX!

This forum is filled to the brim with fanboys and people with a shitty attitude in general.

i can sorta see why people get annoyed about it, im new to forums in general, shouldn't have just jumped in an started posting stuff, feel kind of stupid, but iv apologized and said i wont do it again, that should have been the end of it by any normal normal standards, the other guy didn't need to carry on having a dig, its cos its not face to face i guess, im sure they're lovely people if you actually met them lol.
anyways i just thought to my self if it was the Apocalypse, and i saw another human, i wouldn't immediately shoot them, id just be so relieved to see another person, just thought it seemed like a better way to encourage a bit of cameradary, however i have seen much better ways now iv actually had a read through the forum, some really nice ideas out there, this game is gonna be awesome when its finished, cant wait to see what gets added next. 

i can sorta see why people get annoyed about it, im new to forums in general, shouldn't have just jumped in an started posting stuff, feel kind of stupid, but iv apologized and said i wont do it again, that should have been the end of it by any normal normal standards, the other guy didn't need to carry on having a dig, its cos its not face to face i guess, im sure they're lovely people if you actually met them lol.

anyways i just thought to my self if it was the Apocalypse, and i saw another human, i wouldn't immediately shoot them, id just be so relieved to see another person, just thought it seemed like a better way to encourage a bit of cameradary, however i have seen much better ways now iv actually had a read through the forum, some really nice ideas out there, this game is gonna be awesome when its finished, cant wait to see what gets added next. 

this doesnt help end it.

What if my character is a psychopath and the only time s/he has flash-backs of victims is in their wet dreams?  >: D

I'm sorry but no, I think in the Day Z world you do what you think you gotta' do too survive; a karma system would hinder that and make decision making far too difficult. Furthermore, people would then start demanding it then take into consideration things like robbing people and that would be an absolute nightmare too program.

Also, why do people have such a problem with shoot on sight? To be honest, if I was trying too survive in a post-apocalypse world I don't think I would have much of a problem shooting people on sight if I thought they looked like a threat, and I'm not a psychopath (although if I where I would say that wouldn't I? ^^).

• Like 1

What if my character is a psychopath and the only time s/he has flash-backs of victims is in their wet dreams?  >: D

I'm sorry but no, I think in the Day Z world you do what you think you gotta' do too survive; a karma system would hinder that and make decision making far too difficult. Furthermore, people would then start demanding it then take into consideration things like robbing people and that would be an absolute nightmare too program.

Also, why do people have such a problem with shoot on sight? To be honest, if I was trying too survive in a post-apocalypse world I don't think I would have much of a problem shooting people on sight if I thought they looked like a threat, and I'm not a psychopath (although if I where I would say that wouldn't I? ^^).

i agree, its part of the game.

lol i see your point and see now its not as good an idea as i first thought, but im getting hate for putting up another in a long line of killed on sight threads, so it obviously is a problem to some people. anyways, thats the last thing im gonna say on this thread, dont wanna keep bumping it up lol

Its like i'm in the movie groundhog day, but its forum posts that keep repeating.

You know why people keep bringing it up?  Because it's a problem that gets worse and worse as the game becomes more mainstream and it's going to end this game.

You know why people keep bringing it up?  Because it's a problem that gets worse and worse as the game becomes more mainstream and it's going to end this game.

I thought I was pessimistic, and why do people always insist on using the word "mainstream" as if it immediately connotes negativity? You can hate mainstream pop, you can hate mainstream literature, you can not hate mainstream. I'm not even sure you can hate ALL mainstream pop or ALL mainstream literature. Of course the game will eventually become mainstream once people realize how totally awesome it is. If you don't want to play a mainstream game go play Rapelay...

Apart from anything else, your logic is horribly flawed; and I quote "a problem that gets worse and worse as the game becomes more mainstream". What you are saying there is that the majority of people are sadistic douche-bags who, as more and more of them start playing the game, will vastly overwhelm the small lovely peace-loving community that is playing now... I wouldn't even know where too begin in trying too correct that.

If you haven't got anything constructive too add (and I know that because of this post I'm actually doing just that) then don't say anything, that goes for all you others who leave comments complaining about "yet another kill on sight thread" too. The title was pretty damn clear, I know the original poster should have checked for another thread concerning the same topic, but no one asked you too come and read it, all you end up doing is bumping the thread with meaningless and unhelpful comments.

Rant/vent over, sorry all, reading these forums is time consuming enough as is without all the pointless stuff and it makes me so angry sometimes. Especially since this is the suggestions section and the developers will no doubt be reading through it and every second they spend doing so is a second we don't have the complete game.

what are you talking about? i had an idea as i was playing, i thought it seemed like a nice idea and wanted to share it, i googled how to contact day z as iv seen they want feedback from players, this forum came up, i signed up and posted here, wont bother again.

The douche baggery that you see in DayZ is alive and well here.

It'd be nice if instead of posting "My KoS Suggestion" thread #1062025420 you posted in one of the other ones which feature the EXACT SAME IDEA. It bumps it back up to the front page and keeps actual legitimate ideas from getting drowned in pointless crap like this that everyone has already suggested.

To be honest mate, you could avoid all theese "A Hole forum Nazis", by taking 5 mins and reading the forum rules ;)
Simple as that.

Well could they at least stick to one place and gather all of the discusion there?
It would be alot easier to provide some proper feedback aswell, instead of this tsunami of thread, thats washing over the forums atm :)

As far as the suggestion goes, its gonna be really hard to implement it, i think.

Its not the worst idea mate, but i dunno how to make it work ingame :/

Edited by Byrgesen