Sign in to follow this  
flygamer1

Remove Slow Vault Or "step Over".

Seriously no one likes it.

I like it.

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 2

Seriously no one likes it. It's so stupid. The jump is all we need not to mention it's random jump/step over. Remove it please

Its very difficult to say no one likes something...

Not the best approach at trying to get something removed... 

lol

I like it when I am moving about slowly, its quite efficient.

Likewise.

It's a pain in the tits when it happens when you don't want it to, like pressing V instead of C when you want to stand up from a crouch (especially if you're anywhere vaguely open), but that's more a control/coding issue than the actual move being 'stupid', or whatever. It'd be nice if it only triggered from a crouch/standing position when you're next to a fence/wall that can be slow vaulted, but don't remove it.

• Like 2

While I do like that there's a slow and fast vault over, it's indeed annoying that the animation takes so long and you can't do anything while it's doing its thing. I'd say it needs work, but it certainly shouldn't be removed.

The jump is all we need not to mention it's random jump/step over. Remove it please

It is not random.

How to jump...

1. Fist down

2. some distance to the object

3. click V

It is not random.

How to jump...

1. Fist down

2. some distance to the object

3. click V

Not working it's random

You vault EVERYTIME you sprint (dobbeltab W) its not random at all mate...

And no, i like the step over alot, use it more then the vault tbh, keep it.
Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean it should not be there, especially when its such a small feature and its already in the game.

Theres no reason to remove anything, unless its truly game breaking, just my thoughts :)

Edited by Byrgesen

Problems with this suggestion:

Accidentally pressing V near a ledge is now even more dangerous

Pressing V near an edge will send you down the edge

Jumping causes (or should cause) more noise than vaulting, alerting zeds.

Jumping should cause more exhaustion than vaulting.

The jumping and vaulting indeed is random, sometimes I stop to vault when I'm running. That might be an issue with the weapon animations.

• Like 1

Chiming in on the Random thing, I've many times tried it on an open field while running (hands down) and still my guy sometimes stops to slow-vault, I'm guessing it's related to desync/serverlag like most issues in this game.

Edited by Covent

Yep, I have had some issues with the dude stopping dead and doing a slow vault. That said I'm not sure whether Byrgason has got the right of it. ...But it does seem unpredictable to me. 

Yep, I have had some issues with the dude stopping dead and doing a slow vault. That said I'm not sure whether Byrgason has got the right of it. ...But it does seem unpredictable to me. 

It has never happened to me, its very consistant and its always the same thing happening.

Press W once and press V, you step over, like in Arma.

Press W twice and press V, you vault over fences, as fast as a bunny :)

This is always the same for me, no randomness what so ever.

I would still hate to see the good old step over go away, it is handy for some situations tbh.

EDIT:

Forgot to add, ive done it unarmed, with melee and recently with an m4 i found, same result :)

Edited by Byrgesen

"It's okay, I can whisper kick 'em to death."

EDIT - Only problem I find with it is that it's actually a step over animation. It needs that actual ARMA 2 jumping animation. It's just not the same anymore

Edited by dickflip

"It's okay, I can whisper kick 'em to death."

EDIT - Only problem I find with it is that it's actually a step over animation. It needs that actual ARMA 2 jumping animation. It's just not the same anymore

Sorry to burst your buble, but jumping has NEVER been a part of ANY Arma games mate :)

Its step over all the way hehe.

The vaulting animation in DayZ was created for DayZ and was never a part of Arma, the only thing you had in Arma was mods doing it, but never a part of the core game.

That is a highly redundant point. You could tell that I was talking about the original whisper kick where your feet actually leave the ground for a split second to be able to step over low walls.

Why you felt the need to comment on that is beyond me.

That is a highly redundant point. You could tell that I was talking about the original whisper kick where your feet actually leave the ground for a split second to be able to step over low walls.
Why you felt the need to comment on that is beyond me.

Because i thought, you thought a jumping animation was actually in the game mate, no need to go all defensive, but you used the word jumping..
Was merely correcting you, because i thought you thought something else hehe.

Easy now tiger :)

Don't remove it?

Just make the jump default to "V" and the slow step over to "Ctrl+V"

Make them separate and you get the best of both sides!