Fabik

The most common 'cheat' used in DayZ...

The only way to discourage people from using TS over the ingame voice chat is by making it awesome.

Really this is the best anyone can hope for.  Anything else is forcing gameplay style on others which goes against the anti-game philosophy.  Some folks need the mindless chit-chat and banter that comprises 99% of what goes on in TS/Ventrilo. For me it breaks immersion. Which is why I don't even have these programs installed anymore. I don't play online games to pretend to be all buddy buddy warm and fuzzy with someone I don't even know who the hell you are.

At the end of the day its MY immersion and what goes in someone else's game play is of little concern to me as long as they are not cheating.   

People have been using other forms of communication in video games way before Dayz.

I think you are out of your gourd if you assume using TS3 or mumble is considered a cheat.

NOW......on the other hand.

1. You join a server with their own VOIP channel

2. How many people are rolling in one squad are they rocking clan tags?

3. Do you deem it unfair to play there?

4. Continue playing or find other server.

I Play with friends on servers that don't have their own channel I prefer to communicate with all of my team regardless of immersion. Sure it can be quite unfair as a squad of 4 people single handedly quaratine Elektro, but that is life and I enjoyed reading the OP.

• Like 1

Back to the original topic.

THE MOST COMMONLY USED CHEAT IN THIS GAME

Is on the second floor of the firestation. (warping through the wall)

Everyone does it you can't lie.

• Like 3

Check the original post. I didn't say it should be removed. Just reminded everyone that it is a cheat...

So I guess being on these forums must be a cheat too since you are getting out of game info from  people......

So I guess being on these forums must be a cheat too since you are getting out of game info from  people......

Dear god, if you're going to revive a thread, at least provide something thought provoking rather than providing the kindling for a flame war.

Seriously, it's ridiculous.  

• Like 1

Back to the original topic.

THE MOST COMMONLY USED CHEAT IN THIS GAME

Is on the second floor of the firestation. (warping through the wall)

Everyone does it you can't lie.

Nah thats an exploit, now if you had to run a 3rd party program to do that then sure its cheating

Nah thats an exploit, now if you had to run a 3rd party program to do that then sure its cheating

I see them as two sides to the same coin

Dear god, if you're going to revive a thread, at least provide something thought provoking rather than providing the kindling for a flame war.

Seriously, it's ridiculous.  

The only thing ridiculous is the OP'S logic on this as he seems to think anything outside of the game is a "cheat" meaning he has just invalidated his own opinion by just being on these forums....

the reason why this topic generates such a heat is because of the inflammatory phrasing.

by accusing every voip user of cheating, you tell each of them to the face "you are scum, a swindler, a trickster, you abuse and exploit and circumvent game mechanics to create an unfair advantage and ruin the game for us poor honest players, everyone of you evil cheating swine".

of course its generating a passionate response. (and despite your assurance i am still not convinced that the topic wasnt made with trolling in mind, otherwise you could have used the other threads on this topic)

if you were to say "using third party voip as a coordinated player group allows for a tactical advantage in combat" i'd be the first to say "well, thats sure true."

Think of it as them all having cell phones with a blue tooth in their ear :D

It's impossible to prevent. You just have to live with it and explain it away as people having radios.

There's also gamma cheating, which can't be prevented and won't go away, but that one I really hate. It's the reason I never, ever play on night servers. Night should just be removed, with sunset rolling over into sunrise. 

Honestly, just dean with it.

Its a game, people play to have fun. People play with friends to have more fun. People play with friends and some sort of VoIP to have EVEN MORE FUN!

Teamspeak/Skype is not a problem. Gamers use these programs when they are playing games competitively with friends all the time. It's an advantage..... no shit. It's the same for all games and it isn't even close to being a problem. Suggesting it should be "stopped" in any way is ludicrous. This is the worst suggestion I've ever seen ever. Do you have friends? If you had friends to play with you would hate this idea, as would anyone that plays games with friends. You are actually suggesting that friends should have no way of communicating with each other when they spawn great distances apart from each other? How would anyone ever find their friends? How would anyone ever play with friends? They wouldn't, and the game would suck so much I can't even fathom. Worst idea in the history Day Z suggestions. It takes a pretty heinous idea to provoke such an aggressive response from me, but this takes the cake. It would be impossible to implement anyway. Even if DayZ did implement some kind of 3rd party VoiP restriction, players would just call or txt each other, completely defeating the purpose. It would be a futile waste of time. Can't you just pretend they are communicating with radios? 

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 2

All people do anymore is complain,..................... SMH

• Like 1

I actually avoid reading too much of these forums after updates, it spoils the fun of figuring things out on your own. Wouldn't want to cheat myself out of some fun.

This can't be legit...

I ALWAYS use TS whenever I'm playing games, even if I'm by myself and my mates are playing CS:GO or some other game. Just because you have no friends doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed to use VoIP.

Whilst you're at it, remove dayzdb map, brightness/gamma combo and make it so you're not allowed to stream. We might actually gather information where items are and we wouldn't want that!

Edited by KeyaKev
  • Like 1

I am a bit between both worlds with this topic. I think that it gets an advantage over people, but I enjoy using it and speaking to friends. 

I think a simple way to even it out would be that direct communication is permanently on. This means that everyone can hear everything you are saying. Might be a bit annoying but it will stop the people 'ambushing' you. 

It's impossible to prevent. You just have to live with it and explain it away as people having radios.

There's also gamma cheating, which can't be prevented and won't go away, but that one I really hate. It's the reason I never, ever play on night servers. Night should just be removed, with sunset rolling over into sunrise. 

How do you suppose to explain it away as people having radios, as there are radios in game, which these people don't use! Apparently quite a bunch of guys commenting here even aren't aware that there are walkie talkies... or maybe it just is easier for them not have to find and maintain their radios.

Don't play on night time servers? Server hop when it gets dark? Well congrats, mister.

Its quite deplorable to see how many people would use an outside program to circumvent an ingame restriction, if it was implemented.

Well even if this does become prevented.. I'll just use my laptop for VOIP, Lol.

Its quite deplorable to see how many people would use an outside program to circumvent an ingame restriction, if it was implemented.

Yep. This sort of attitude "I'd just use another computer - lol" makes me even more convinced that this is a very cheat-like thing and that many who use it even know that it is.

i quit reading at like page 4. 

i also would like to know how the OP feels about roommates/siblings/married couples/etc. who live in the same house and play the same game, likely in the same room, talking to each other as they play? is that also cheating?

and i wouldnt use my laptop, i would use ts on my phone or tablet. maybe both... one ts for my squad, one ts for the server's pub ts so i could listen to server chat as well. so much going on to keep track of!

Edited by Real Meatshield
  • Like 1

My Rp premise for the use of team speak;

Me and my mates survived the outbreak together, but were pretty scarred amd battered once having reached safety. Will finding we were immune to the contact strain of the virus, our open wounds were infected with a minor airborne strain. Miraculously, our immune systems fought off the infection, however we were blessed with the Horde instinct of the zombies, which allowed us to share thoughts and info telepathically.

We use this new power to assist us to kill all humans, bellow war cries over their bloodied corpses, search their loot, and Take Everything.

Also, so many people are using it, that it kind of makes sense for me to use it as well.

Edited by dickflip

Can't be bothered reading past this ignorance.

Dude, you post too much.

Edited by AlfalphaCat
  • Like 1

Yep. This sort of attitude "I'd just use another computer - lol" makes me even more convinced that this is a very cheat-like thing and that many who use it even know that it is.

Sorry for wanting to enjoy a game with other people. As I do have fun playing alone, it's much more fun to play as a group. Unless they implement a party chat system, people will continue to use teamspeak etc.