Sign in to follow this  
Yliparoni

Include alcohol bottles and increase tincture spawn rate

Current situation: It is very easy to get dirty wounds, which results in your character "uhh"ing and "ahh"ing every few seconds, being generally annoying and if left untreated leading to death.

This can be cured by using alcohol tincture, which spawns quite rarely and mostly in high-risk places like hospitals.

Suggestions:

Include regular alcohol bottles in residential spawns (I imagine it would not be hard to find a house with a bottle of vodka in it in Russia).

Increase tincture spawn rates (wound cleaning liquids are a common household item)

Include tincture in medikits (they almost always do contain things like that)

Alcohol could be made to have a variety of special effects later on, but this would make the game world more believable and help with a very common issue.

• Like 2

Alcohol is already in there. Ah-doiii!

There is no alcohol... what are you talking bout? That Rasputin Kvass is a fermented SODA... not a beer. And PLENTY of houses spawn alcohol tinctures...

There is no alcohol... what are you talking bout? That Rasputin Kvass is a fermented SODA... not a beer. And PLENTY of houses spawn alcohol tinctures...

Right click the bottle of alcohol and the option "Drink" appears.

Whether or not that's fully operational yet is a different matter. Regardless, what OP requests is already ingame.

(Bar spawn rates and the like, but OP should also know that loot balancing will not be perfect until further down the line)

• Like 1

Last time I checked, alcohol tincture was alcohol...

There is alcohol in-game.

I have clocked in 65 hours and have yet to see alcohol, besides tincture, and tincture only in hospitals.

And if you read my post you may understand that I refer to alcohol that can be used for sterilizing wounds. Not beer or the likes.

For the guy saying that this is Alpha and spawn rates are not perfect - Yes I completely get that, this is a suggestions board, no?

My wounds are grubby now, glad I clicked this thread I wasn't sure why he(my char) was groaning, how long would I have to live generally speaking ? 

Strandad in Tulga

Edited by liquidcactus

I dont rightly know, and the Wiki does not mention this either.

Getting sick from food or poison can cause blood loss, I dont know how infected wounds affect your character.

I was able to find a bottle of alcohol tincture (in the hospital at a military base), though I had to kill one guy to get it :)

reading.....its an important skill in life....esp for trolls like you he means alcoholic beverages, like vodka and whiskey.... you must be too young to understand but hard liquor can be used as a substitute for cleaning wounds.

reading.....its an important skill in life....esp for trolls like you he means alcoholic beverages, like vodka and whiskey.... you must be too young to understand but hard liquor can be used as a substitute for cleaning wounds.

Lawl sween dawg knows what's good ! But alcohol bottles would be great for my/many other peoples Molotov idea ! ;)

• Like 1

Tincture alcohol should be included in residential medkits instead of all the blood testing gear you currently find in them. When my daughter falls in the garden and I grab my first aid kit I expect there would be something to clean her wounds instead of a vampire feeding set. But that could be different in east european countries.

Right click the bottle of alcohol and the option "Drink" appears.

Whether or not that's fully operational yet is a different matter. Regardless, what OP requests is already ingame.

(Bar spawn rates and the like, but OP should also know that loot balancing will not be perfect until further down the line)

It's not ingame until it's working.

Last time I checked, alcohol tincture wasn't alcohol, because you don't see people downing alcohol tincture bottles in pubs. Ergo, two different things.

Stop biting OP's ass over small details, he makes good, sensible, honest Chernarussian suggestions.

• Like 2