SEC9 VANDEL

If your going to KOS....

...Dont combat log like a friggen pansey when I shoot back and hit you.

Ran into some "Bandits" as me and a few firends were taking a little nature walk in the woods. I took a round form a mosin, saw the guy who hit me, then proceeded to take cover and patch myself up. About a minute later I returned fire, hit the sumbitch and he combat logged.

...I will find you guy with red backpack with mosin and crowbar on your back... I will find you and kill you.

Edited by SEC9 VANDEL
  • Like 19

Some people just take the easy shot, and if things get difficuly - they take the easy way out, which right now is combat logging..

Can't wait to see what Rocket and team comes up with to eliminate this.

:beans:

• Like 5

Some people just take the easy shot, and if things get difficuly - they take the easy way out, which right now is combat logging..

Can't wait to see what Rocket and team comes up with to eliminate this.

Easy, character persists for ~20 seconds after forcing a logout/alt+f4... 

Yeah, I agree. 15-20 second "cool down" time would be great. If you can manage to stay out of combat for the cool down time then great. Otherwise stay and finish the fight you started.

• Like 3

If he would have logged back in and killed you im sure you would have been more pissed though about it.

Just remember, that sword cuts both ways ;D

• Like 1

Even worse are ghosters. My team of 3, me included, engaged a fight against a team of 5 earlier tonight. Killed three of them in the firehouse at electro when suddenly an M4 is being unloaded into me. I ALWAYS watch my surroundings, I was on the third story and had eyes on both entrances to the building. There was no way for him to sneak up on me, he showed up after I started shooting suppressing shots on the last remaining member of his team.

People that ghost or combat log honestly should be banned, it is literally just as bad as using cheats.

• Like 6

20 seconds is not long enough tbh..

Maybe there should be some kind of "If you fired your weapon or have gotten shot upon, then the timer is 1-2 minutes". If you're wandering around in the woods and some player comes out of a bush saying "Wakawaka!" and you decide to alt+f4 because you're afraid of human encounters, then your body will stand there for yea.. 20 seconds, which would be enough for the player right next to you to either let you live, or kill you as the coward you are.

• Like 7

Maybe there should be some kind of "If you fired your weapon or have gotten shot upon, then the timer is 1-2 minutes". If you're wandering around in the woods and some player comes out of a bush saying "Wakawaka!" and you decide to alt+f4 because you're afraid of human encounters, then your body will stand there for yea.. 20 seconds, which would be enough for the player right next to you to either let you live, or kill you as the coward you are.

Second part of your post is what I meant by the 20 seconds, Yeah if you're in combat you shouldn't have the ability to logout without forcing a log, in which your character persists for 20-30 seconds. Something like that...

• Like 1

People are cowards... Ive lost my character probably 15 times now. I dont care. Its not a big deal to run around and collect stuff again. I dont really care.. I just hate how people are so cowardly.

• Like 4

Whining about people being cowards is not going to solve anything. If the game's mechanics allow people to save their character instead of fighting it out, many people will choose to do just that.

The people you should direct your posting at are the developers who are responsible for the game mechanics. The game's mechanics should not allow people to just log out of situations they don't like. Trying to convince people to play the game the same way we do is not going to help.

Adding timers would solve this issue immediately, and I can't imagine it's hard to do. The hard part is to detect combat and add an even longer combat timer (at least 5 minutes), but a flat 30 second logout timer that applies no matter what should be easy as pie to add, and there's no reason not to do it right away.

Edited by wartzilla
  • Like 2

Whining about people being cowards is not going to solve anything. If the game's mechanics allow people to save their character instead of fighting it out, many people will choose to do just that.

The people you should direct your posting at are the developers who are responsible for the game mechanics. The game's mechanics should not allow people to just log out of situations they don't like. Trying to convince people to play the game the same way we do is not going to help.

Adding timers would solve this issue immediately, and I can't imagine it's hard to do. The hard part is to detect combat and add an even longer combat timer (at least 5 minutes), but a flat 30 second logout timer that applies no matter what should be easy as pie to add, and there's no reason not to do it right away.

I don't get it. How does a timer will keep people from combat logging.

I don't get it. How does a timer will keep people from combat logging.

The idea is this:

When you open your menu and try to exit, it will tell you that you are attempting to log out and must wait 20-30-whatever they make it seconds until you actually log out, at which point your character will disappear and all is safe. If during this time something happens and you must take action to preserve your character,s imply move and the timer will stop, until you are ready to attempt to log out again.

If you force a log out, alt-F4, "Logout Now" button that skips the timer, to also include crashing (because there's no way to differentiate) then your character persists in the environment for the length of the timer, allowing you to still be killed. So even if you "combat log" your character can die and be looted.

Then you add an in-combat timer that paces your character in the status of being in combat that lasts, say, 5 minutes, so if you engage, or are engaged, in any form of PvP you are incapable of using the proper "Logout" button until you're out of combat.

Hope that cleans it up for you.

• Like 1

I feel like if the anti-combat logging system comes into place you have so long after being shot at till you can log out. If you try to log before the time is up it's the "easy way out". Should just have the player commit suicide if they log before the time is up... easy solution - you be a pansy, you commit suicide. Seems like a fair trade right?! I mean, if you have bad cover when shot at or shooting with an unclear strategy, that's your fault for not being cautious/dropping your guard and thinking things through.

If you force a log out, alt-F4, "Logout Now" button that skips the timer, to also include crashing (because there's no way to differentiate) then your character persists in the environment for the length of the timer, allowing you to still be killed. So even if you "combat log" your character can die and be looted.

Yep, thanks for that.

And no I don't want such thing to be implemented into the game. I like to loose my gear in a good firefight or to a kos, but not to a system crash.

Sorry,if that is the solution for keeping player from combat logging, then I rather live with them. :/

...it will happen. Patience, young padawan.

This pretty much. They will add it, it will be similar to the logoff system in Eve-Online.

Yep, thanks for that.

And no I don't want such thing to be implemented into the game. I like to loose my gear in a good firefight or to a kos, but not to a system crash.

Sorry,if that is the solution for keeping player from combat logging, then I rather live with them. :/

I would say I wouldn't want this implemented until it's closer to release for stability reasons, but I have never actually crashed in DayZ at all. So really only issue is your own internet failing causing a D/C, and I am willing to live with the occasional DC due to ISP, personally.

I agree.  That's some weak pussy shit that people do.  Shoot first for no reason, then combat log.  SMH.

Edited by Mdogg2005

I would say I wouldn't want this implemented until it's closer to release for stability reasons, but I have never actually crashed in DayZ at all. So really only issue is your own internet failing causing a D/C, and I am willing to live with the occasional DC due to ISP, personally.

True, with things like Zombie stress testing coming up, it probably is a bad idea to implement it early.

A little far fetched, but what if you can't log into the same server of the course of 10 mins. An easy wait if you don't have malicious ideas. Remember, once you've played DayZ for more than a week, you patience is gonna be great!

Edited by Tumbleweed707

Hmm idk, a system to detect gunfire around you may be a little tricky. I mean it's not impossible but that may be more of a hassle than other much simpler solutions xD

Im not whining about combat loggers, I simply posed a discussion on this issue. Lets continue to keep this thread going so the devs can see it. Thanks all

True, with things like Zombie stress testing coming up, it probably is a bad idea to implement it early.

Come on guys are you serious? DayZ is crashing for me once in a while. Sometimes it throws me back to desktop, so I have to kill it via taskmanager and sometimes the whole system freezes for no reason.

Even though they'll make DayZ stable and stress tested the whole thing with a lot of zeds and players. You'll never know when it'll hit you. Could be corrupt memory, an update gone wrong or whatsoever.

Like I said, I've rather been robbed by a noobish kos, than loosing my stuff to a situation I can't control.

Come on guys are you serious? DayZ is crashing for me once in a while. Sometimes it throws me back to desktop, so I have to kill it via taskmanager and sometimes the whole system freezes for no reason.

Even though they'll make DayZ stable and stress tested the whole thing with a lot of zeds and players. You'll never know when it'll hit you. Could be corrupt memory, an update gone wrong or whatsoever.

Like I said, I've rather been robbed by a noobish kos, than loosing my stuff to a situation I can't control.

I am serious, I have never crashed on DayZ, never frozen, my internet has gone down though. It's the same wya in any major MMO, only you don't lose your character altogether. I agree it can suck, but NEVER getting to actually kill someone due to combat logging is more annoying to me. I have no problem starting over.

That's my personal opinion.

• Like 3