Sign in to follow this  
Zero2k

WTH is wrong with this ?

Hello everyone,

i don't know what's wrong with in game settings everything looks like shit and it's not rendering very well. I've set the ingame rendering to max but it still looks like a weird. Does anyone has a advice ? Especially the NVIDIA users what settings do you have in the NVIDIA control panel ? Take a look at the buildings right next they look like someone painted them in there.

http://i.imgur.com/PNUPX24.jpg

Thanks

Edited by Zero2k

Whats your AA set to?
Are you using post process effects?

I mean, to me it looks alright, but it looks like you are missing some edge smoothing :)

AA is set to Normal and FXAA to High. Post process is turned off.

Yeah the edge smoothing is missing but i don't know how to fix that issue :)

AA is set to Normal and FXAA to High. Post process is turned off.

Yeah the edge smoothing is missing but i don't know how to fix that issue :)

That would be AA and FXAA :)

I have to admit i like post process on either low or medium, simply because it makes it look better on my pc.

Also, object quality is very important here, it kinda defines how buildings look from afar.

Try playing abit with thoose setting and see if it does the trick.

I also would not recommend doing to much in the Nvidia Control Panel, as it seems to overwrite ingame settings and sometimes make it even worse hehe.

EDIT:

Also, i can see you have your FOV set to high, the screen is "warped" in the edges, try lowering it abit to make the buildings in the edge of the screen look more "normal" :)

Edited by Byrgesen

Woah, it's like candy land.

Try setting your settings to default

So i've set the AA to Very High and it looks a lot better but it still needs a bit tweaking :)

• Like 1

Max everything and then turn things off and back on again one at a time. That's the best way to properly figure out what everything does and find the best eye candy to performance ratio for your machine.

So i've set the AA to Very High and it looks a lot better but it still needs a bit tweaking :)

Thats the thing about thr RV engine, you can tweak it for the first two weeks and then all of a sudden you hit "the sweet spot" and its all sunshine and beaches from there ;)

Keep at it and eventually you get it right hehe.

• Like 1

Alright i've set it back to default and then to high. No change the trees still look retarted -.- Any fix for this ? ^^

Ok, 1st things 1st, in your nvidia control panel, is there a setup/profile specific for dayz? If so, delete it. If not, can you tell me what your 3d settings are at in there?

Edited by Stuntz

Ok, 1st things 1st, in your nvidia control panel, is there a setup/profile specific for dayz? If so, delete it. If not, can you tell me what your 3d settings are at in there?

Hey

My 3d settings are set to default

What driver version are you running? An older driver (311.06) had an issue with lod/picmip in some games, forcing them extremely low.

Alright i've set it back to default and then to high. No change the trees still look retarted -.- Any fix for this ? ^^

Yes theres an option ingame called ATOC, set it to the highest setting and the trees should look alot better :)

If it is already set to the highest setting, please post a new screenshot, i would like to see how it looks now heh.

Still looks like a picmip setting is screwed.

Are both your in-game resolution and rendering resolutions set to the same?

Yes both set to 1920x1080 i really don't know what is wrong :(

I never experienced this on a Nvidia card, not even on my old 9800gtx+, but on ati cards, there it was caused by a too low mipmap detail setting within the catalyst software.

Maybe it is something similair, texture filtering settings or the like inside your nvidia 3d game related settings/profiles. But i dont realy know, just an idea i wanted to share in case it can help.

On some parts of the picture it looks like the sceneComplexity= setting, found in Documents\DayZ\*WindowsUserName*.DayZProfile, is too low to display the high detail LOD model of the Building and rather shows a lower LOD (Level of Detail) model because of the distance, not sure if thats one of your concerns too.

The effects of different SceneComplexity values might change related to changes within the viewDistance= and preferredObjectViewDistance= settings.

Edited by SprStnd

Still looks like a picmip setting is screwed.

Are both your in-game resolution and rendering resolutions set to the same?

I never experienced this on a Nvidia card, not even on my old 9800gtx+, but on ati cards, there it was caused by a too low mipmap detail setting within the catalyst software.

Maybe it is something similair, texture filtering settings or the like inside your nvidia 3d game related settings/profiles. But i dont realy know, just an idea i wanted to share in case it can help.

On some parts of the picture it looks like the sceneComplexity= setting, found in Documents\DayZ\*WindowsUserName*.DayZProfile, is too low to display the high detail LOD model of the Building and rather shows a lower LOD model because of the distance, not sure if thats one of your concerns too.

The effects of different SceneComplexity values might change related to changes within the viewDistance= and preferredObjectViewDistance= settings

Alright scenecomplexity is set to 100000 viewdistance is set to 3600 and preferredobjectviewdistance is set to 1600.

Maybe it has something to do with the monitor ? Cuz every time i start dayz the nvidia control changes my monitor refresh rate to 59. 60hz should be normal correct me if im wrong.

It won't be refresh rate related, at least it shouldn't be.

What monitor is it that sets to 59 out of interest?

ASUS VS248H but i guess it's not monitor related. It seems that the nvidia control panel has a bug. Google Nvidia 59hz bug. But really is there any difference between 59 and 60hz ?

Nothing noticeable, though there's zero reason for it locking to 59 in the nvidia control panel.

Alright scenecomplexity is set to 100000 viewdistance is set to 3600 and preferredobjectviewdistance is set to 1600.

Maybe it has something to do with the monitor ? Cuz every time i start dayz the nvidia control changes my monitor refresh rate to 59. 60hz should be normal correct me if im wrong.

Try to set the preferredobectviewdistance to around the same value as your viewdistance, 10-50 meter less maybe but not more. Im again not sure, but i think the distances which trigger the different levels of detail models are scaled by the preferredobjectviewdistance. With other words, scenecomplexity should raise the maximum distance on which the highest detailed model is displayed, but only within the range that is set in prefferedobjectdistance. Those are quite some assumptions/conclusions but i can't be bothered to start the game at the moment, ran out of patience sorry. ^^

Edit: It won't be the refresh rate of/or the monitor that causes a partially occuring rendering issue only in one game and on a isolated type of gamecontent/object.

Did you change mipmap/texture related settings within your nvidia control panel for test purposes yet?

Edited by SprStnd