Legacy (DayZ)

The one and only Anti-PVP/PvP Discussion thread! Whine/discuss here!

Because I see these threads so fucking much I can't help but to wonder if the same conversation goes on... This is the thread to either discuss, bitch, moan, suggest, or state otherwise your opinion or ideas or topics of PvP, Anti Banditry, These 'COD Kiddies' you guys like to call them, or people who shoot on sight.

There will be no "Carebear" terms here, there will be no "Go back to COD" posts, make this a legitimate and civil discussion thread in which we can post without flaming. (Or try to.)

My view on this? There is no solution to the "PvP" in this game.. It's a feature that has been implemented into the mod and in the end there is no solution. You are the solution. The people of the community need to rise up and stand for themselves instead of being put down by the banditry and traitors that roam these lands, make your own group as I have, dedicated to the entire cause of the Survivors for the people. You need to take your part in creating a safer environment if you want people to take a different look on our community and the mod itself, posting and whining about how you got killed is not the way to go if you can stand up and do something about all of this yourself. Plan, discuss, take action. Stop all the talk and do what you have to.

• Like 1

this is your story.You guys hate bandits? like legacy perfectly said, do something bout it. You can't remove a mechanic only because you don't like it. and in a full loot open world with pvp, you can't ask so closed mind stuff,specially in a sandbox.

Some people don't even read patch note and still complain."ho, make something to detect bandits".Now you have the heart sound when you target bandits since days..morrons(i didnt say carebears cod kiddies hoyeahhhh!!!!).Enjoy.

exactly, the options are ours, and whats surprising after being a shoot first type of player in the past is that now I like to talk to my fellow survivor before I shoot him :)

but ya never Know maybe I won't shoot you but might even help you out...thats the intrigue, pvp is essential in this game, that possible dynamic if lost means an end to this game for me, so do what you need to do, but try shooting off your mouth sometimes before your gun :) and I promise I'll shoot back something your way, hope that I don't find your whinny voice irritating dude :)

"You are the solution. The people of the community need to rise up and stand for themselves instead of being put down by the banditry and traitors that roam these lands....."

Exactly but its always easier to complain isnt it :)

As i've said in similar topics, the best way to discourage all the PvP deathmatching that's going on is to shift the emphasis back onto survival and zombies. Recent updates to the mod appear to have that goal in mind.

Also, introducing more features like blood transfusions which require players to cooperate with each other with probably go some way towards solving the problem.

Yes it is' date=' but what do you truly get done in the end? A message that is generally thrown down and generally gets either support with nothing done about it?

Edit: [b']Shitty post deleted.

Nice way to start off the thread, Keurk...

In a way, I must admit that "thee who must not be named" add a completely different faction to the game and thus, an entirely new threat. Now, there are friendlies, zombies and cold-blooded killers. It may make the game harder for people in cities, sure. But you have practically the whole continent to search for loot.

Its kinda funny, ive been seeing alot more "Quit whining and stop asking for bandits to be punished" threads than i have actual threads asking for that.

It also seems that a large part of the vocal community of this game seems to think that this game is ALL about PvP and nothing else.

Personally i just avoid other survivors like the plague... But that also means i no longer team up with anyone ever. It used to be that you could actually follow someone a bit and figure out if they were the kind to kill you or not, but nowadays everyone kills on sight. Mainly because of the influx of new players that seem to think that is a required part of the game.

Why dont you mods create more sections. 90% of the posts in general discussion belong elsewhere. Its just awful too read, are you afraid to move posts or what? Setup a section for whiners and mover their posts there. There are 25000 members and they post in one place.

Forum Moderators have no access to forum creating/modifying. We only have the following:

- Thread Closing/Opening

- Thread Moving/Merging

- Thread Sticking/Unsticking

- Post Merging

- Post Deleting

- Post Modifying

And other things that I'm too lazy to post.

Well looking at the general section now, there are more than a few threads that could be moved and thats just the first page. Why dont you warn people for posting in the wrong section, or maybe give a warning to people that they must start a new thread in the correct section - before they create said thread. Can you put that to your forum overlord?

Why dont you mods create more sections. 90% of the posts in general discussion belong elsewhere. Its just awful too read' date=' are you afraid to move posts or what? Setup a section for whiners and mover their posts there. There are 25000 members and they post in one place.

[/quote']

sounds like ur whining right now janice

Well looking at the general section now' date=' there are more than a few threads that could be moved and thats just the first page. Why dont you warn people for posting in the wrong section, or maybe give a warning to people that they must start a new thread in the correct section - before they create said thread. Can you put that to your forum overlord?

[/quote']

There is no right section for all the "This thread" discussions. So I just made this all into one thread :V If someone is in the wrong section I end up moving it, no need to warn the user.

sounds like ur whining right now janice

Take it easy, Mary. Take it easy

I think the PvP experience could be watered down by introducing a more PvP-like PvE element. Maybe if some armed hostile AI units were added there might be more of a us vs them feeling - having said that - I think PvP is here to stay for good reason. I remember evolution and domination and warfare missions in arma being a whole bunch of fun in mp mode with little PvP action or none at all but then those missions (and ctf deathmatch or other pvp missions also) didn't generate the same set of strong emotions that dayz does.

Because I see these threads so fucking much I can't help but to wonder if the same conversation goes on... This is the thread to either discuss' date=' bitch, moan, suggest, or state otherwise your opinion or ideas or topics of PvP, Anti Banditry, These 'COD Kiddies' you guys like to call them, or people who shoot on sight.

There will be no "Carebear" terms here, there will be no "Go back to COD" posts, make this a legitimate and civil discussion thread in which we can post without flaming. (Or try to.)

My view on this? There is no solution to the "PvP" in this game.. It's a feature that has been implemented into the mod and in the end there is no solution. You are the solution. The people of the community need to rise up and stand for themselves instead of being put down by the banditry and traitors that roam these lands, make your own group as I have, dedicated to the entire cause of the Survivors for the people. [b']You need to take your part in creating a safer environment if you want people to take a different look on our community and the mod itself, posting and whining about how you got killed is not the way to go if you can stand up and do something about all of this yourself. Plan, discuss, take action. Stop all the talk and do what you have to.

Legacy being terrible again and again.

you title your post with codkiddies then claim ther shall be no go back to cod talk.

you expect a discussion to take place about pvp without the word carebear.

lemme just point out , those against pvp are carebears. they want a coop pve game minus the pvp.

each to their own tbh, the game needs to cater for both to double it's crowd. eliminate either and you lose a chuck of your fan base and one of the key elements I adore.

since when has pvp required a soloution ? it's a feature. a key one.

the single main selling point of this game to me is probably the mixture of Player vs environment and non consensual player vs player.

I am sick to death of games holding my hand, generic title number 332 trying to sell itself to me, co-oping with my m8's against AI, or playing online in some cruddy player vs player arena with super focus on non stop action.

there is a market for more games with a sandbox incorporating both aspects imo,

Also would like to point out I take so much more pleasure in killing another player for knowing it has hurt him.

We have all played battlefield and cod titles where you point your cursor at a target and fill him with bullets forcing him to respawn and you to gain some points. thats not enough anymore. I want to know I have caused some hardship by killing another player. Dayz does this well. you die, you lose your things and depending on how northern on the map you are it can take considerable time to recover from your death. that right there is a hook, and one of the best hooks in gaming to date in my humble opinion. game with hooks like that are damn few and far between :)

Yes it is' date=' but what do you truly get done in the end? A message that is generally thrown down and generally gets either support with nothing done about it?

Edit: [b']Shitty post deleted.

I dont think these "mimimi" threads ^^ want to get done anything, ppl just want to get heard about their complains and dont want to see that everyone is kinda on its own in DayZ.

With that much attention DayZ get there will be more and more of this posts where ppl dont want to discuss things, like how can we change this and that so everyone gets a better experience from that game/mod, they just really want to cry,

and alot of other game companys, sadly but true, have shown that you can chance things if you cry loud enough in a forum........

About time too !

It was at least 2 minutes since someone posted an immature thread.

Back to normality at last. Op is to be commended.

It has already been stated that PVP will not be removed. It is the player's decision if they want to be in contact with other players. Those who are reporting their "unfair" and "BS" encounters with aggressive bandits are seeking the initiative too often by charging into Cherno or Electro, and not caring about other, more safe villages that hold equally valuable rewards.

Legacy being terrible again and again.

Yes.. Great idea :V

you title your post with codkiddies then claim ther shall be no go back to cod talk.

you expect a discussion to take place about pvp without the word carebear.

It's more of an attention grabber then anything. Really it's just annoying and I just want a civil discussion :V

lemme just point out ' date=' those against pvp are carebears. they want a coop pve game minus the pvp.

[/quote']

Be a pal and if you see any of these "carebears" that you speak of, then link them to the other Zombie mod. If people want a PvE experience there is always the Apoc mod.

since when has pvp required a soloution ? it's a feature. a key one.

I stated this? :V A lot of people want a solution to PvP.

the single main selling point of this game to me is probably the mixture of Player vs environment and non consensual player vs player.

I am sick to death of games holding my hand' date=' generic title number 332 trying to sell itself to me, co-oping with my m8's against AI, or playing online in some cruddy player vs player arena with super focus on non stop action.

there is a market for more games with a sandbox incorporating both aspects imo,

[/quote']

Also would like to point out I take so much more pleasure in killing another player for knowing it has hurt him.

Nothing stopping you there :V Everyone is free to their own thing' date=' and if you happen to like doing that? So be it, but the thread is mainly for everyone that is against PvP or is just sick of being shot at on sight.

We have all played battlefield and cod titles where you point your cursor at a target and fill him with bullets forcing him to respawn and you to gain some points. thats not enough anymore. I want to know I have caused some hardship by killing another player. Dayz does this well. you die, you lose your things and depending on how northern on the map you are it can take considerable time to recover from your death. that right there is a hook, and one of the best hooks in gaming to date in my humble opinion. game with hooks like that are damn few and far between :)

The Crow idea was perfect for handling bandits. Of course so many people cried about it (I expect half of them were bandits) when it is nothing like the bandit skins and actually rather more realistic. Hell lets say for example someone does here a crow. So the fuck what? You don't know where the bandit is all you know is that they are around in the area, but not where.

You know what the noob player would likely do? Haul ass which would giveaway there location. Not many people will keep going the same way and even then there is still a chance they will die. Seriously any of the actual bandits would stay bandits and still be successful. Any of the people who are just wannabe player killers would mostly say fuck it and go the survivor route. It wasn't a bad plan, but some people seem to truly believe that there would be a halo of crows right above someone's head.

I was just having a cheeky poke Legacy :)

I think people need to remember players like myself are roleplaying in game.

I don't often roleplay in games but this one prompted me to by making me appear as a bandit to everyone the first times I shot someone.

I took to it like a duck to water and won't change now unless forced to.

I wish the game would make me appear as a bandit to everyone I meet, so they know on contact. that way I have concequences for my actions.

perhaps if my only alternate method for cheap killing people who mistake me as friendly would require me finding alternate clothes to replace my bandit looks.

I can understand why people are getting beefed at getting shot on sight by people when they have no way of reading their intentions. the heartbeat thing is a nice idea but it fails because:

1. it requires you to have your target in your sights and register the heartbeat.

2. innocent friendly players can be portrayed as bandits because of killing bandits previously.

people attemtping to play the game with either minimum pvp or at least wanting to only shoot bandits should be prompted to do so and given more help identifying us bandits from the crowd. it would help boost teamwork and make choosing to be a bandit actually have repercussions.(some at least)

hope this post is considered relevant to the topic. if not just remove it.

Here is my constructive suggestion for the day.

Stop trying to force morality into the game. Even if morality was forced in the game, the only consequences to morality are socially constructed. When there is no police or government, there are no consequences. Most moral consequences that aren't part of social constructs are religious, and I don't think people are worried about going to hell in game. (Debug forest maybe). I suppose another consequence of acting "immoral" would be that everyone hates you and doesn't want to help you, which as a bandit is already the case. You shoot at people, people start to shoot back.

What this game needs is Amoral solutions that benefit all players no matter what their "moral preference" is. Mechanics that make the game interesting and fair for everyone is what we need.