DeatHTaX

Great Expectations? (All about wheels)

You have no idea how fun that can actually be... for both parties.... 

I don't think he's played the "Simon Says or you die" bus either lol

can be INCREDIBLY fun....but very wrong lol xD

• Like 1

Absolutely, but nothing beats the "Pure accident" moments, like in a Land Rover doing 93 through Solinichy when some poor bugger runs across the road from behind one of the houses...... *Bump* 

I must say I am not a fan of "trolls and lols" and bronies. 

Edited by Miquinei

Well I liked whoever it was <---- that-a-way who mentioned the use of bikes. I think that would be a cool alternative mode of tansportation.

I'm very interested to see where heli's fit into all this...

• Like 1

Well I liked whoever it was <---- that-a-way who mentioned the use of bikes. I think that would be a cool alternative mode of tansportation.

I'm very interested to see where heli's fit into all this...

I agree, having different types of bikes would be awesome or even horses :P

Edited by Miquinei

Also...Keep in mind that refined fuel degrades over time. After 2-3 Years it shouldent be useable, henche why i think that gasstations should only contain a limited amouth that DOSENT Regenerate. Thus making use of a vehicle even a greater gamble. And one day in the future you be out of fuel alltogether...*good luck Training a deer or a cow* :D

That's why we need a farming system and stills. With some modifications a lot of engines can run on ethanol. 

We also need horses and carts which would have been common in some of the more rural areas of Chernarus.

• Like 1

hand up who can hotwire?? I certainly can't :P

Hotwiring an old car should actually be pretty easy.

You can't hotwire newer cars though, but there would be around zero of them in Russia anyway. 

Sorry Russia.

• Like 1

I'm sure this is the unpopular opinion but....

I'd like to see some banged up cars and trucks, but nothing more than that. Love the idea of bikes.

Seeing vids of helos in the mod is a huge turnoff. Seemed pretty obvious the devs just got bored or carried away when they added them. 

I must say I am not a fan of "trolls and lols" and bronies. 

I don't like a lot of things but i don't bring them to argument here.... you want realism. Leave fuel in an engine for 3-5 years.... love to see you start it with all that Gel in the carb...

• Like 1

I don't like a lot of things but i don't bring them to argument here.... you want realism. Leave fuel in an engine for 3-5 years.... love to see you start it with all that Gel in the carb...

This wasn't an argument, just my answer to DeatHTaX's comment.

Hotwiring an old car should actually be pretty easy.

You can't hotwire newer cars though, but there would be around zero of them in Russia anyway. 

Sorry Russia.

Well right NOW it'd be easy because we have youtube, but idk just somejoe schmo runnin around zombieland Chern? lol get outta here :P no way thats easy knowledge

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 1

This wasn't an argument, just my answer to DeatHTaX's comment.

Still no need to bring up you don't like Bronies to validate a quote. Anyway back on track...

No idea, never hotwired a car but one day if i feel the urge to gain and extension to my criminal record i shall give it a shot... 

I got the fear that the world will become to small with vehicles or bikes.

You will need 15 Minutes to travel through the whole country.

I don't want to see helicopters at all. The chances that any given group of survivors have the skills,equipment necessary to repair and maintain one and aviation fuel to supply it would be very low. 

• Like 2

I got the fear that the world will become to small with vehicles or bikes.

You will need 15 Minutes to travel through the whole country.

providing you don't get

Ambushed

Hit a tree or rock and die

Hit an abandoned roadblock

Zombie Hordededed

Die of any one of the many natural diseases

Have your vehicle break down and be stranded in the middle of nowhere

Get chased by another vehicle full of bandits

Get noticed by someone and alerted to your direction and presence, thus becoming hunted

Sniped out of your vehicle

Have your vehicle stolen in a town you stop at

My point is having a vehicle doesnt mean it's going to be "I have a vehicle now, I AM INVINCIBLE! MWAHAHA!" There seems like a lot of potential for owning a vehicle to be a serious gamble and risk to your safety in this game

• Like 1

I don't want to see helicopters at all. The chances that any given group of survivors have the skills,equipment necessary to repair and maintain one and aviation fuel to supply it would be very low. 

This..... there is no need for them at all..... most people can barely drive let alone fly a bloody helicopter. 

• Like 1

This..... there is no need for them at all..... most people can barely drive let alone fly a bloody helicopter. 

Well I've heard some murmurings regarding helis as far as what it takes to be able to fly one. I mean I think helis would be appropriate if you:

A: needed a significant number of pieces

B: Required multiple pieces of documentation or literature to learn to pilot it, including startup sequences etc

C: ...actually the startup sequence thing kind of makes a lot of sense. I'll stop there

And as far as the helicopter startup sequence goes, it should have some sort of game-unique trigger, so someone cant just youtube "how to startup a helicopter" and then fly it

Idk I just think it shouldnt be counted out quite yet :P

• Like 1

Bikes! Motorbikes! ATV's! and UAZ for everyone!

EDIT: And yeah at least one heli per server. Possibly couple ultra-light aircrafts per server as well (have been succested already)

Edited by korpisoturi

Well I've heard some murmurings regarding helis as far as what it takes to be able to fly one. I mean I think helis would be appropriate if you:

A: needed a significant number of pieces

B: Required multiple pieces of documentation or literature to learn to pilot it, including startup sequences etc

C: ...actually the startup sequence thing kind of makes a lot of sense. I'll stop there

And as far as the helicopter startup sequence goes, it should have some sort of game-unique trigger, so someone cant just youtube "how to startup a helicopter" and then fly it

Idk I just think it shouldnt be counted out quite yet :P

I believe they are using the Take on Helicopters system which does mean a bit more realism, but trust me that game is super hard even with a joystick... if they are added it will only be the ToH pilots airborne for the beginning. 

• Like 1

I would actually love to see a helo. Nothing fancy, no guns or anything, just a 6-man helo or something.

It should of course have a realistic start-up procedure and the controls of ToH.