Sign in to follow this  
dayy

What should I do

Friend of mine and I finally met up by the coast, won't say where just in case XD

We have a small plan, so I just want to know, once were fully geared, what should we do???

Anything. It's a sandbox. Nothing is set in the game.

You write your story, you make the best of it.

Go explore. Kill rabbits. Go to NWAF and die. Whatever you want to do, you can do it.

Friend of mine and I finally met up by the coast, won't say where just in case XD

We have a small plan, so I just want to know, once were fully geared, what should we do???

Go climb as many ladders as you can.

• Like 2

Go explore. Kill rabbits. Go to NWAF and die. Whatever you want to do, you can do it.

Except at this point in the game, there are more or less only two things you can do: explore and/or go die/kill other players.

But I don't want to break my legs ;(

Except at this point in the game, there are more or less only two things you can do: explore and/or go die/kill other players.

You're not very creative, then. ;)

But I don't want to break my legs ;(

If you break just your legs you win sir. :beans:  :beans: :beans:  :beans:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  

You're not very creative, then. ;)

So what other game mechanics are there, other than combat and exploring? Spray-painting a weapon isn't really an activity. Well, exploring to me includes interaction with other people but player interaction isn't a game mechanic and as far as game mechanics go the game is pretty limited at the moment. So I will maintain my idea that the only two things that are currently viable in the game is exploring and/or killing or dying.

I'm just gonna be a hero/Bandit, help, and if i'm in a bad mood, i'll take prisoners and do a bunch of random crap XD, then make them run while I fire shots without scoping...

So what other game mechanics are there, other than combat and exploring? Spray-painting a weapon isn't really an activity. Well, exploring to me includes interaction with other people but player interaction isn't a game mechanic and as far as game mechanics go the game is pretty limited at the moment. So I will maintain my idea that the only two things that are currently viable in the game is exploring and/or killing or dying.

You can indeed interact with people and if you're approaching it correct, you are less likely to die. If you're running in expecting to be shot, you will be shot - because you will most likely run in there with your weapon up and pointing it at the other player. That alone reduces your chances of survival drastically.

Be creative - roleplay. Pretend like you're an actual survivor and you don't want to die. Be stealthy. Don't sprint everywhere, because that would be faster. Walk and enjoy the environment. Read a book. Explore the ship. Pretend like you're the captain on the bridge of the wrecked ship. Pretend like you're a book salesman and collect books. Pretend like you're a priest and read from the bible in the middle of Cherno. Pretend to be Robinson Crueso and try to survive on Skalisty Island.

If I can come up with these options in less than a minute you should be able to think of something and if you can't and your only option is to run around and gun people down you're not only very uncreative, you're also playing the wrong game. There are games where you need to gun everyone down you see - but DayZ most certainly isn't the game. You are the survivor, it's your story. And just running around searching for people to kill also kills your DayZ-experience.

• Like 1

I've got a mission for you.

Go and loot the 4 biggest towns on the map and see who can find me the best single loot item. Meet me at the lighthouse. Winner gets beanz

• Like 1

You can indeed interact with people and if you're approaching it correct, you are less likely to die. If you're running in expecting to be shot, you will be shot - because you will most likely run in there with your weapon up and pointing it at the other player. That alone reduces your chances of survival drastically.

Be creative - roleplay. Pretend like you're an actual survivor and you don't want to die. Be stealthy. Don't sprint everywhere, because that would be faster. Walk and enjoy the environment. Read a book. Explore the ship. Pretend like you're the captain on the bridge of the wrecked ship. Pretend like you're a book salesman and collect books. Pretend like you're a priest and read from the bible in the middle of Cherno. Pretend to be Robinson Crueso and try to survive on Skalisty Island.

If I can come up with these options in less than a minute you should be able to think of something and if you can't and your only option is to run around and gun people down you're not only very uncreative, you're also playing the wrong game. There are games where you need to gun everyone down you see - but DayZ most certainly isn't the game. You are the survivor, it's your story. And just running around searching for people to kill also kills your DayZ-experience.

Love the bible idea.... First firefight I get, I'll have my friend lay down skirmish spray, while I preach from the new testament.

• Like 1

I do roleplay, sometimes serious sometimes less so, however I don't see that as a game mechanic, you can RP in any game that gives you the possibilities to interact via text or VOIP. I don't think I've played a single game online where I don't roleplay to some degree. Sadly on regular servers roleplaying seems to go amiss, particularly if you're going to do something other than running around ranting and raving - trying to get everyone to remove their pants. As far as game mechanics go, you're limited in what you can do (and don't take that as a complaint - it's just an observation about the current build).

That's a lie!!!!

...Rabbits are invincible and can't die!

• Like 1

There's no reason to commit suicide.

Stand back to back, count 10 paces, turn and shoot and see who wins!