Sign in to follow this  
unicornsmustdie

idea for new loot - make 'em hunt for it!

I was reading about the hidden signals being broadcast in electro and from green mountain apparently (never heard them but intrigued!) and it made me think of a great idea i think :)

Remember those graphic files of new loot that were discovered some time? Remember the whole load of new loot (hack saws, compensators, spray paint) that came out in the latest update/patch?

Well, imagine the following. Say the devs want to release the pup tents? Well, how about locking them all away in a base, have the team add a door that's locked (or in an existing locker or similar, but enough to hold all the tents that are supposed to be ingame at any given time, for realism's sake).

Now, instead of just propagating the tents to garages, farms etc., how about propagating a single key (one per server) and hiding it. In Chernarus.

Let the broadcast signal give a hint or point to a starting point (there's notes in the game no? well, great opportunity for a use) for the fox hunt to start.

Now, across all servers, people will start looking for that key that will unlock that vault or room. Hints will be shared (or not!) and people will stop and search passers by for keys.

then, when the key is matched with the door, ALL the pup tents are available across all servers and start the normal spawn/respawn process.

So instead of anxiously waiting for a whole bunch of loot, we can all work towards finding it and unlock it -it adds a whole new sub-game i think! At least it will keep us from bitching about the same KOS bs for a while, and we're in alpha still so why not?

Idea?

Edited by unicornsmustdie

I was reading about the hidden signals being broadcast in electro and from green mountain apparently (never heard them but intrigued!) and it made me think of a great idea i think :)

Remember those graphic files of new loot that were discovered some time? Remember the whole load of new loot (hack saws, compensators, spray paint) that came out in the latest update/patch?

Well, imagine the following. Say the devs want to release the pup tents? Well, how about locking them all away in a base, have the team add a door that's locked (or in an existing locker or similar, but enough to hold all the tents that are supposed to be ingame at any given time, for realism's sake).

Now, instead of just propagating the tents to garages, farms etc., how about propagating a single key (one per server) and hiding it. In Chernarus.

Let the broadcast signal give a hint or point to a starting point (there's notes in the game no? well, great opportunity for a use) for the fox hunt to start.

Now, across all servers, people will start looking for that key that will unlock that vault or room. Hints will be shared (or not!) and people will stop and search passers by for keys.

then, when the key is matched with the door, ALL the pup tents are available across all servers and start the normal spawn/respawn process.

So instead of anxiously waiting for a whole bunch of loot, we can all work towards finding it and unlock it -it adds a whole new sub-game i think!

Idea?

If youre getting at something like in the fallout series where youre radio can pick up certain frequencies and lead you to loot, then i wouldnt mind that. Something like an emergency bunker SoS beacon (like from the one on Caprica in BSG if anyone watched that)

I could dig it

Bad idea. I can see something similar to this working later on in the game for extremely high grade loot perhaps but we are in alpha and the faster people get to testing new features and items the faster the bugs can be fixed. Delaying that is kinda counter productive. 

I genuinly think that is a good idea, why are people so hell bent on finding reasons why this could not work? maybe leave the development of the game to the actual game developers?

This is a forum for suggestions

I think you've heard this on a post referring to DayZ mod.

I've just written a post here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/168727-small-safe-town/page-2   - that you might find interesting as regards your idea, which is a nice one... though maybe not quite allowing for the flexibility players will (hopefully) be allowed in the future as regards creating their own scenarios for other players on the server to involve themselves with.