Erikp3

Radios and Mics

So with the new addition of working transmitters I had an idea. I've played on games like TF2 with other players who would play things like music through the game. Some of them would be annoying and just stick their mics by a speaker, but some were directly playing it through their PC. I was thinking that it would be sort of fun to broadcast a bit of music or something similar over a transmitter frequency. However I don't have the faintest idea how one would go about playing audio directly from their PC into the game. Does anyone here know anything that might help?

Edited by Erikp3

I hear there's various ways. Some are more "clean" than others (you gave an example already, quality should be shitty). I personally use software that separates it all cleanly. I can add sounds (to be played) but also alter my voice.

To play sounds or short bits of music I just press the hotkey I set for it and then open VOIP. I set my primary mic to include voice changes and sounds, then set the mic to be used in Steam settings to that one, too. As for other comms such as Teamspeak, I use the "normal" mic.

That's just a rough explanation on how one could do it. I use MorphVox Pro (the software). You can surely find other tools. Whatever you try, look up the specific guides first to get a good idea on the possibilities.

Nothing says "give yourself away" like a radio blaring music in a towm full of zombies and bandots lol xD

• Like 1

Would be cool if someone set up a radio show that broadcasted 24/7 played music and had guests etc.

male minijack -> male minijack

phone with spotify -> microphone input

aaaaw yiss.

Been having more fun with this than I should. Bollywood music makes being chased by other players hilarious.

• Like 2

Players blaring out music over Direct comms = KoS.

Ran into a group ( should i say hid while the went past me) blasting whitney houstons i will always love you , Personally though what dicks but wasnt fussed but i watched and they surrounded and butchered a fresh spawn so i basicly came out of hiding double clip in the m4 and started showing them how much i loved them.

Pretty much from that point on if i hear music over voip/direct i assume derpy bandit and set up to sneak attack..

I wouldnt mind a radio channel though lol might be nice when i am hiding out to turn on  or to leave hidden in a bush to see who comes looking for it......

Well the problem with this is the range of the Radio's.. I was told that the range is 1000m. I have only tested it to about 300m, so unless you have radio stations all over the map then this would be a problem.

Well the problem with this is the range of the Radio's.. I was told that the range is 1000m. I have only tested it to about 300m, so unless you have radio stations all over the map then this would be a problem.

ah you mean the range of the little hand held transmitters is 1km(will transmit for a range of 1km ) it would recieve signals from say something like the signal tower at green mountain all over the map ........

Fact: no one else wants to hear your music. Not in any game ever.

If people want to listen to music, they will find their own way to.

I hate this crap. Never do it.

15706d1350364181-woman-thinks-deer-cross

You can only gear up to the max & kill so many folks until you have to find other way to entertain yourself. It's not that bad. LMAO

• Like 1

I'm going to start a radio channel, online at 5-6 pm AEST. Special guests will include the cat, a dog, a bandit, a hero, a medic, RhinoCrunch, and a zombie. We will also play Austrian Death Machine.

It'd be kinda cool if we could get an earpiece, but if we didn't have an earpiece, the sound would come out through direct.

Edited by Sanguine88