Travis (DayZ)

Passing out every time i log in

Use painkills.

Probably you are in pain when logging out...

I'm almost sure of it.

Sorry but NO.

I have had this error before and based off the flashing black box on my screen at the time it seems to be caused by a bad variable or lack of one in whatever script decides that you need a combat timer so it defaults to giving you one.

I also experience this, its the anti-logoffski effect

Rocket added with a patch that when you are aggroed by a zombie, or in fight with another player, you pass out for 5 minutes when logging back in again

however, since 1.7.1.5, i always get the 5minutes pass-out time, even when i have no aggro or player shooting at me or whatever, it even happens when the game glitches and your fps drop to zero and you get a dc, i know its annoying that people just logg off when in danger, but this is horrible

Keep happening to me too despite being epipenned every time. It's extremely annoying.

It happened to me once when I logged out for about 10 minutes on the top leve of a Berezino apartment building, no zombies, no players. I did die about 15 minutes later to a bandit though. Bastards.

I seem to have died ( :( ), and the problem fixed myself.

Guess my old character had Diabetus lol

BTW it's not 2 minutes. It's 5. Either way it happens when you get shock; which I think is ridiculous it doesn't make sense, even after using an epi-pen the effect will persist multiple times.

It has happened for me too. But only when I had aggroed zombies.

Logged out inside a house to get rid of the 5-6 zombies that was lurking just outside.

I think it's supposed to be like this to prevent people from disconnecting with aggroed zombies after them.

And that's the point.

You have aggro'd zombies. I haven't.

I was not even in a fight with other players.

Still I pass out on login for 2+ minutes.

I event don't need to disconnect from the server. Going back to the lobby is enough to be passed out on return (which is still some kind of log out, even if you stay connected to the gameserver, as my char gets saved at the master server every time I leave the map).

And that's the point.

You have aggro'd zombies. I haven't.

I was not even in a fight with other players.

Still I pass out on login for 2+ minutes.

I event don't need to disconnect from the server. Going back to the lobby is enough to be passed out on return (which is still some kind of log out' date=' even if you stay connected to the gameserver, as my char gets saved at the master server every time I leave the map).

[/quote']

I had this as well, 2 times before.

The only thing fixing it was to kill my self and start a new character.

I died from bumping into my buddy on the top floor of zub, it broke my legs and moved me off the platform so I fell to my death.

When I respawned I am unconscious :/ alt+f4 into another server and I still have the timer. Unplayable.

I've been getting this aswell, when I spawn after death I seem to be running flatout too, have to double tap "forward" to stop it.

The passing out thing is kind of annoying too.

I have this as well :P, proned in a tree and broke my legs, switched to my other server after 5 mins and it happens every time now

I've never logged in passed out. Admittedly I've never tried logging out while in combat either, but I've also logged out while the shock symbol was on my screen. I've heard that's meant to knock you out when you come back in but it didn't.

I've had this a few times now. Disconnected because I was going to the bog, reconnected and *flop* I didn't have aggro that I knew of. First time it happened I was up the stairs in a castle, thought I was going to fall down to my death! Was at full blood too. Most weird...and annoying.

This is happening to me right now, everytime I log in, passed out, no zombies ANYWHERE near, no players, shoot I was on a server with only one other guy. Logged out to go to bed last night out in the woods, logged in this morning, 10 hours later, passed out.... ARRRGGHH..

BUMP

Taken from dayzwiki...

STATUS EFFECT:

Shock -

Symptoms - If the player logs out with this status, the next time they log in they will spend a long period unconscious. It is marked by a White symbol on the HUD

Causes - Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow.

Treatment - This status will last for 5 minutes and is incurable

So basicly if you disconnect avoid death this is what happens :)

You got urself to blame.

You got urself to blame.

This bug happens all the time for some people, even I've experienced it before. The times it happened to me, I hadn't been in combat at all, I hadn't been hurt, shot, or put into shock.

I have the issue and as of today (06-29, with latest updates) it's still there. Dying has fixed the bug earlier for me. The issue is also server specific for me.

It's also worth trying to get knocked out by other reasons (zombies can 1-hit K.O you at 9k> blood) and then getting epi-penned. It could fix the issue. But it's just a guess from my part.

It seems as the bug occurs if you log out with the shock status. But instead of disappearing after waking up it just keeps going at it after joining a server or something. So if you don't have the bug: Be careful about aborting with the shock status.