rydekk

The CCSD (Chernarian Creepy Stuff Department) Needs investigators for the Radio transmission mystery.

I might as well put my name in for the "official" group and ask for a sistering in of the group I had established for this investigation. Steam ID Dayz Investigations(Steam Group I made for this)

invite sent. you are welcome to maintain your current group if you like. Likewise if you prefer a merger all of your members are welcome to join as well. I see no reason why you should have to abolish your creation, unless you want to.

Any member of the CCSD is of course, free to join this group as well.

Edited by Crazykage

Oh well done dude. Also at the beginning of the signal there is the same morse code. Please try to decrypt it, maybe we can get some coordinates

Absolutely. Its too bad the recording cut out at that last moment when he turned the transmitter off and back on (not to berate him or anything).

If the message is repeating, maybe we will be able to decipher the full message!

And as always, anyone interested please message me with your steam id or profile name so I can send you an invite to the official steam group.

Would just like to add, there is background screams and air raid sirens throughout the entirety of the morse code, before the first morse code message plays you can hear them go off.

Edited by Sovietshark

If the message is repeating, maybe we will be able to decipher the full message!

Yeah for sure the morse code at the beginning is the same. Maybe we can find something over there. Also does anybody know what this tower used for? I think is something with weather but not sure

q1j9c3x5pvx5m6wgvird.jpg

5pcj36eds75kmpmzs6z.jpg

Yeah for sure the morse code at the beginning is the same. Maybe we can find something over there. Also does anybody know what this tower used for? I think is something with weather but not sure

q1j9c3x5pvx5m6wgvird.jpg

5pcj36eds75kmpmzs6z.jpg

I believe that to be a water tower...

• Like 2

"CQ CQ CQ DE C1. GOTO 0" 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code_abbreviations

Excellent work! undoubtedly the "go to 0" was to be followed by more numbers, probably coordinates.

Are you interested in joining the official investigation team on steam?

I've spent the last few hours trying to decipher the morse code.

This is what I've got so far:

CQ CQ CQ DE C1 . GO TO 083 120 . UTS 5 . 12:00 PM CST .

The coordinates leads to this http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#7.083.120

Edited by bjurrsson

Will go there with a friend and we will record. Hopefully we find something! Its the house, correct?

Could be, but the coordinates also lead to a deerstand

Check both out ;)

At the end of that Elektro recording where it gave morse code in the beginning, it almost sounds like a binary transmission that was used in the Portal 2 announcement Arg. 

The Binary Signal(SSTV images) in the elektro video starts at 3:04(ish)

Compare them:

Portal 2 Binary

The Elektro Binary:

http://youtu.be/PZv5-VLZE2A?t=3m2s

That was the Portal announcement SSTV transmission, you could run the SSTV transmission(I forget the program) and it actually came out as an image. If someone could extract JUST the binary sounds from that video then you may be able to get a picture from it. 

I'm not sure if that's going to work...

I have since shut down my group (Dayz Investigations) in light of the official group popping up. Anyone who was a member of my Dayz Investigation, please post your steam ID and/or link to steam user page HERE to be brought into the official CCSD Steam Group

If you were not a member of either group and would like to assist in the creation of a more organized investigation force, please also post in the above linked forum and we can start a much more organized effort.

Thank you.

Went to the desired location (083 120) at Civil Warriors server but was a little bit to late.... 0:06pm server time and there was no signal.

There were only 9 players online but I checked both the deerstand and the house. Found nothing.

I bet there was a signal at 0:00....

EDIT: Next time some servers are at 0:00pm is in 20minutes. Someone with me ? I'm in the chatroom of the steam group.

Edited by Mack0438

Went to the desired location (083 120) at Civil Warriors server but was a little bit to late.... 0:06pm server time and there was no signal.

There were only 9 players online but I checked both the deerstand and the house. Found nothing.

I bet there was a signal at 0:00....

EDIT: Next time some servers are at 0:00pm is in 20minutes. Someone with me ? I'm in the chatroom of the steam group.

12:00 pm is actually noon and not midnight.

I'm really thrilled with your findings, guys. I record videos with afterburner, and would be happy to join in the investigations, although I don't have any skills with morse codes or other crypt methods :P

the last message mentions 12:00 pm CST, is that also the time used in the game/server time? It could make sense that an american transmission using CST for their soldiers is not the actual time in the map :)

I don't know many people who know morse. Asked the guy who did the zelenogorsk translation. he can't decypher it

The android  app I posted earlier does a good job translating Morse could, I've tested it it's accurate. The trouble is it's sensitive so everyone needs to stop what they are doing if they pick up a signal. I can then translate.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jfedor.morsecode&hl=en

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

I actually believe its a Doppler tower used in weather. 

I think as it's always close to farms it is a water tower but they do look very similar.

q1j9c3x5pvx5m6wgvird.jpg

5pcj36eds75kmpmzs6z.jpg

I've seen them as I roamed arround the map in some towns and villages too. If they are only there for weather purposes why they are also in some small villages?

Maybe they are there for just more than checking out the weather.

I just found out on this vid ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZv5-VLZE2A ) from 1:45 to 2:02 

"CQ CQ CQ DE C1. GOTO 0" 

Too bad, my try to decipher the numbers does not fit to this :( But I'm not giving up that easy.

Here are my results of todays investigation:

Server: DayZ FR-1- PVE Men vs Zombies-[NoPlay.fr]
Server Time: 23:48
Hive: Regular            
Number of players while joining: 11/40
Start location: Grid 083 120
Frequency: All
Duration: 33min 20s
Signal found: Short rustles
Recordings : No
Note: Died because of 2 bandits.

Server: DayZ Ger FunGamerCommunity
Server Time: 11:57
Number of players while joining: 19/40
Duration: 11min 18s
Signal found: No
Recordings: No

The short rustles I heard were like I'm too far away of the signals origin and were like the ones posted on the video before while he was running around.

It disappeard when I changed the frequency so I think it wasn't something else. But as I tried to find a clearer signal I've been killed by two bandits....

It was like the stutter part at 12s of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PZv5-VLZE2A#t=10

Edited by Mack0438

With so much support coming in from all sides. We were pretty much forced to create a steam page for several reasons;

Investigations are always alone, exposing yourself trying to find a signal. The steampage would be good for people trying to find a partner to find broadcasts together.

The post here is getting messy. If you join the page, you could create a seperate post that states your theory and then people can discuss that seperately. Don't worry, me and Kage will be monitoring the discussions daily. So no theory will not be unchecked by us!

When you want to join the CCSD steam page. You'll officially be part of the group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ccsd11

For applying, send us your steamname below. Applying may take a while.

Erikp3 (invite me please)

Here are my results of todays investigation:

Server: DayZ FR-1- PVE Men vs Zombies-[NoPlay.fr]

Server Time: 23:48

Number of players while joining: 11/40

Duration: 33min 20s

Signal found: Short rustles

Recordings : No

Note: Died because of 2 bandits.

Server: DayZ Ger FunGamerCommunity

Server Time: 11:57

Number of players while joining: 19/40

Duration: 11min 18s

Signal found: No

Recordings: No

The short rustles I heard were like I'm too far away of the signals origin and were like the ones posted on the video before while he was running around.

It disappeard when I changed the frequency so I think it wasn't something else. But as I tried to find a clearer signal I've been killed by two bandits....

How did you manage to get a transmitter so fast again? I was on about 10 servers, farming the fire station but couldn't find a transmitter O_o

I've seen them as I roamed arround the map in some towns and villages too. If they are only there for weather purposes why they are also in some small villages?

Maybe they are there for just more than checking out the weather.

"CQ CQ CQ DE C1. GOTO 0" 

Too bad, my try to decipher the numbers does not fit to this :( But I'm not giving up that easy.

If you use the abbreviations on the decoded bit it says "Calling any station calling any station calling any station from/this is C1. I don't see what C1 means on here. But GOTO is probably just go to. UTS 5 . Doesnt make any sense though. Maybe an error on the decoding?

How did you manage to get a transmitter so fast again? I was on about 10 servers, farming the fire station but couldn't find a transmitter O_o

I've got some help from another investigator. He just arrived 10min after I died and thats actually the reason why I've been killed. I thought the one bandit I saw was him and therefore I talked to the bandit. Then his mate shot me right in the back....

• Like 1

I've spent the last few hours trying to decipher the morse code.

This is what I've got so far:

CQ CQ CQ DE C1 . GO TO 083 120 . UTS 5 . 12:00 PM CST .

The coordinates leads to this http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#7.083.120

Maybe write down from where in the video you started and stopped decoding so that others may try and help?