oifriendlyfire

Weapon malfunction! Has this happened to anyone else?

You don't have to watch the whole thing to see the malfunction, just skip to: 11:40.

I was running a mosin nagant, and had just done a reload, had been firing before this as well. I do not recall what the condition of the ammo was in.

This was about one of the most "shit your pants moments" I've ever had on this game, and the mod. When I heard that click instead of a report...Oh LAWD! 

The gun could have broken. If a weapon is 'ruined' then it won't work so it could have deteriorated.

I could be wrong but that's the only thing I could think of.

• Like 1

If a weapon or ammo is in Ruined condition, it 99% of the time won't fire.

Like I was saying, that little incident nearly made me shit my pants. 

Having little details like that in game is about all I need to keep me hooked for a long time. The hundred year patent of the Mosin has led to Mosins being restamped, and pulled from surplus shelves the world over. Most small communities will have at least 3 on the shelf of the local gunstore, and those aren't worth a damn in a proper firefight.  

I think its amazing that this whole concept of old, and abused weapons failing can be a factor in the gameplay.

Kudos Dev's.

Thanks for watching! 

• Like 1

Its the new weapon cleaning system. If you don't ise a cleaning kit on your weapon (Industrial spawn) it will start to jam.

Its the new weapon cleaning system. If you don't ise a cleaning kit on your weapon (Industrial spawn) it will start to jam.

The only confirmed thing that cleaning kit does, is changing condition of cleaned weapon to the same as the cleaning kit.

So pristine weapon being cleaned by worn kit = worn weapon.

That has nothing to do with weapon condition. If it were ruined, it would have just clicked when attempting to fire. Either 1. You hit the wrong button or 2. the game glitched (happens to items in your hand).

When a guy is shooting at you, don't talk to him. Kill him. Your fault for letting him know where you were.

• Like 1

That has nothing to do with weapon condition. If it were ruined, it would have just clicked when attempting to fire. Either 1. You hit the wrong button or 2. the game glitched (happens to items in your hand).

When a guy is shooting at you, don't talk to him. Kill him. Your fault for letting him know where you were.

It did click. that's all it did was click. One click was all I needed. No time for s.p.o.r.t.s. just went for the axe. 

A little smack talking definitely makes for better videos though... I don't mind the occasional beat down in the name of entertainment.

With great risk comes great reward...or something like that.

Thanks for watching! 

Edited by Oifriendlyfire

As for Weapon Cleaning Kit, in stable it is bugged and using a Pristine Kit on a Pristine Weapon will cause it to go Worn.  Using the Pristine Kit again will not help.  I used the Spray Paint can and it got my Mosin back to Pristine, but can only chamber one bullet at a time.  So many bugs, *sigh*, but as the french say, "C'est la Alpha."

As for your situation, yeah, I don't know which factory currently makes them...but...methinks an old war gun should act like an old war gun.  Like the Winchester Rifle in the Winchester Tavern in Shaun of the Dead.  But hey, when it's on, it is on!  And I love me the Mosin.  

And yes!  I spray painted my mosin!  I had to!  I was in a jam, and the paint made it work.  Odd gut call but it worked.  But now I have a black mosin that looks like it was hand painted with a runny coat of cheap black paint and I hate it.  I miss the wood.  Sorry, I'll take my crying somewhere else.

• Like 1

As for your situation, yeah, I don't know which factory currently makes them...but...methinks an old war gun should act like an old war gun.  Like the Winchester Rifle in the Winchester Tavern in Shaun of the Dead.  But hey, when it's on, it is on!  And I love me the Mosin.  

Best reply Ever! Hopefully they don't produce a situation where it takes 4 people to fire the Winchester...That could get messy! 

Last words "hey guy"

Yes that made me laugh also.

Talking does not reveal your exact location, just that you are close enough to be heard.

• Like 1