Sign in to follow this  
V3teran (DayZ)

2 Chars on Dayz regular and hardcore?

Hi all.

I know that the Hive has been split now for this game ans i was wondering if i play on both types of servers will i have 2 chars?

cheers

I think so yes, only one way to check though :P

It works like that. 1 for Regular, other for HC. Mind you that sometimes one or the other gets reset.

Was trying to see if the EU or US based servers ( hardcore ) had any influence but cannot say for sure. What I know is that a avatar i played for hours with US buddies got reset when I rejoined a EU based server. Back to US server and the avatar remained. So only difference now is hives as the avatar reset might happen. Might does not mean it will.

Separate hives for each mode is pretty gay. It divides the 1pp and 3pp community even further cause you have to pick one and stick with it.

Works fine. I have my "main" character on the hardcore servers, and another character on the regular server that I use to play with my friends (until I make them break and move to the hardcore server :D ).

yep sorsum, I like side projects.

Hard core harry isn't as well set up as Regular Joe but he's happy

You can technically have four public characters if you opt into the experimental patches, which can be convenient if you are interested in testing new content. Experimental servers run on their own hives split between standard and hardcore. They were busy until the current version went stable, so not so much now but still nice to have.

Edited by Revocane

Works fine. I have my "main" character on the hardcore servers, and another character on the regular server that I use to play with my friends (until I make them break and move to the hardcore server :D ).

Aren't you just a badass.