Sign in to follow this  
optimoprimegazm

Environmental aesthetics suggestion

I think we can all agree that when we are trying to immerse ourselves in Dayz, we don't necessarily feel like we are actually in a zombie appocalypse while looting houses or just roaming the countryside. Im sure this topic is discussed in other threads, but there needs to be more gore or signs that there is in fact a zombie appocalypse occurring. Half-corpse-zombies, blood smeared on the walls, and other environmental graphics to add aesthetics and help immersion. And thats when I realized that this game would feel much creepier if they added crows. They could be as simple as a 3 dimensional particle effect and when you get close enough they crows randomly fly off in different directions. I dont know, I just thought that would be a cool little graphical thing that sounds easy enough to implement and would help with immersion, what do you guys think? Immagine walking around and then you see a bunch of crows eating some dead guy's eyeballs out, and they all scatter when you hear a gunshot.

well i noticed there are transmitters now, i would suggest go to the Green Mountains for a little horror with the transmitter (if it works in SA).