Lanevo

Frustrating

So I bought Arma 2 recently - specifically because of Dayz mod.

My experience so far:

About 5-6 hours played in-game. Haven't found a single drink. Haven't found a single piece of food.

I did find a few weapons and ammo. Though they weren't compatible. Eventually I did find a shotgun and ammo that went together.

I got killed numerous times by zombies. They spotted me from miles away at times. They can teleport through walls, de-spawn and re-spawn at random times. Shooting them in the head sometimes won't have any effect. When you shoot a zombie it also takes like 2-3 seconds until death animation. So I can never tell if I killed them or if I need to take another shot.

The fact that they can run at 200 mph is stupid. The fact that they chase you forever is even more silly. I can't turn around and shoot them in the open because they will kill me... So basically I need to run in a building (where zombies suddenly walk at 1 mph???) to kill them.

Where is the logic in this?? Apparently Dayz strives to be realistic? If a zombie would chase me in real life I most certainly wouldn't run inside a building where the zombie would trap me. I would run for he hills and escape.

So yea, the game is certainly not like Youtube videos. I also realize that the mod is still in alpha phase - which is why I will give it a second chance after some patches.

But unless they drastically change zombies I have no intention of returning.

Zombies are just so anti-climatic. You spend an hour sneaking around... Being quiet and trying to survive. And then a zombie spots you and you run at full speed and zombie chases you forever (and he is faster than a car). Thanks, but no thanks.

I assume not a ton of people will miss you in your absence.

I won't miss nobody either. So it's all good.

Someone didnt bother to learn how to play this correctly....

bye.

Learning how to play the game correctly just circumvents the core issues. It doesn't eliminate any problems. My post merely states my opinion on the current state of the game.

And bye to you as well!

Sure it states your opinion, but leaving the bandwagon in a fit of rage is highly unnecessary. You say you recognize the fact that the mod is in Alpha stage, so why the hell are you leaving? Too impatient to see the results you're going to get?

Check out Left4Dead. See ya.

I love how everyone says this implying L4D is an easy or simple game. The co-op/campaign is pretty easy, but Versus mode is brutal. The biggest challenge in any game is PVP, and people with lots of experience/hours are pretty much always going to beat people with "only" a couple hundred hours. It's truly a game that is easy to learn, but very hard to master.

It's also one of the most teamwork-dependent games I've ever played. Creating coordinated attacks and working together completely makes or breaks your success.

Jeez, i don't know why people are being such assholes to you.

THIS MOD IS VERY DIFFICULT, WE ALL DIED SEVERAL TIMES AND ALL GOT FRUSTRATED AT SOME POINT.

Its nature to get pissed at things and rant about the things that got you pissed at.

This mod certaintly won't die (at least anytime soon) due to lack of players, but people shouldn't just make fun of someone who got angry at a very difficult game.

This mod is hard, but once you get the hang of it, its easy enough. Yes, the mods in Alpha, and needs to go through a lot of balancing (Right now theres just super zombies, and there really needs to be a melee weapon on spawn) so don't give up on it. And just ignore people who only want to further discourage you, there will always be people on forums who have nothing better to do with their time who will post "bye...noob" "lol scrub l2p" "don't care, gtfo" - i'll say it again, just ignore them.

Now, i'm gonna prepare to be raged at. Have a good day. =D

I understand completely what you're saying Lanevo. And don't listen to the assholes above, this community has already turned to shit. Better to go play another game until this mod develops more, it was way better back around when it was first released.

This game is really, really hard and the zombies are super zombies. Half of the game is not being spotted by zombies, or running from zombies, shooting zombies without pulling more. It is sometimes REALLY frustrating. I would say hang in there, it gets better once you learn how to work around towns full of undead.

You always, always want to work through a town mostly prone, preferably in slow prone over the concrete or asphalt areas. And when you are in a building, you need to move slowly (hold down SHIFT), or you will make too much noise and attract zombies. Also make sure to pick an out-of-the-way area to get your initial loot, like a small town or the occasional barn along the roads. Get a good map. (I use: http://dayzdb.com/map)

Formulate a plan at all times, ALWAYS have a plan, and execute that plan. The game is 1,000x better if you play with a friend. And trust no one. KoS everyone you don't know. Once you get the hang of it, you will see how good a game this really is.

Hi Lanevo

Sometimes DayZ does frustrating annoying things, partly because it's in alpha and partly on purpose, the trick is to have a laugh about it. Do get attached to your guy, but see each playthrough as a story with an inevitable end: a gruesome gory death. See how far you can get when chased by a million zeds, try to pull of crazy stunts like raiding an airfield with a crowbar and a bus, the game is all about stories - it's all in your head. Ignore the powerplayers, enjoy the walk and the view.

So yea' date=' the game is certainly not like Youtube videos.

[/quote']

Erm... Yes, because they totally changed it somehow on youtube. It is the same thing. Maybe you just were all hyped up.

I started last night struggled my ass off. The more I died the more I learned. Now I have a nice set of weapons ammo food and drink and off exploring. You just need to get better.

To the op...

Do you usually play games for entertainment, or challenge?

That will tell you if this game is for you.

Zombies are just so anti-climatic.

The zombies are against long term weather conditions?

To the op...

Do you usually play games for entertainment' date=' or challenge?

That will tell you if this game is for you.

[/quote']

I play for entertainment, and I love this one.

I got into this game solo, I know how OP feels about this mod, but I never gave up, took me about 3-4 days to actually get a hang of a few things, even then I'm still scared with my AKM, M1911, food, water, bandages, and etc. I guess the worst case scenario is being alone.

The thing to realise is that this is not a shooter, its a survival game.

Also of course the other thing to realise is that its a mod in alpha... but i'm begining to feel like a stuck record on that one...

Lanevo,

you may be looking at the mod from the wrong angle. You will never survive, you will never get to keep your loot. In dayz its only a matter of time before you start over. Ive starved to death then an hour latter have an M4 and a backpack full of beans and soda, only to be shot because i assumed a building was clear. This game is different on alot of levels. Its not for everyone.

THIS GAME JUST IS NOT FOR YOU.

you are for other types of games. leave us here alone, us who are VERY happy with how it is.

bye.

THIS GAME JUST IS NOT FOR YOU.

you are for other types of games. leave us here alone' date=' us who are VERY happy with how it is.

bye.

[/quote']

Contrary to popular belief, it is actually possible to express disagreement without being a dick.

The OP understand that, you don't.

I think zombies are fine as they are, though I understand they can be frustrating to a new player.

See?