Sign in to follow this  
rydekk

To the ones saying guns and ammo are impossible to find.

Went to the miltiary base in pavlovo. Found my M4, 3 Fn's, 1 magnum, 2 ammo boxes and a mosin on a 20+ men server

Went to the miltary base near stary Found 120 M4 rounds alongside another M4 with a silencer attached to it. ( had a mag with 20 rounds in it aswel)

Another 2 Fn's with 6 FULL!!!! magazines

Then went to NWAF. 3 M4's, atleast 5 full mags for the M4. 2 magnums, rounds for the magnum, a shotgun and 2 backpacks full of ammo for all guns.

ALL IN ONE SERVER. i didn't server hop.

most daytime servers will already be looted, though you can grab stuff if you get there after a reset

personally I try to get civilian guns. The best area for shotguns and mosins is probably Vybor (south of the NW airfield)

Edited by noblue

I hope the server reset list respawn system goes quickly

You can play the same server and get ammo man... all you need is a reset.. Lmao, your the guy running from building to building starving running by food and water to get a friggin gun... This is horrid I see it all the time...

You can play the same server and get ammo man... all you need is a reset.. Lmao, your the guy running from building to building starving running by food and water to get a friggin gun... This is horrid I see it all the time...

2014_01_26_00001.jpg

2014_01_26_00002.jpg

2014_01_26_00003.jpg

Yes, i totally went straight for the firearms and make me starve to death... Tsss i consider firearms as an optional. But it's good to have them. But still, i take care of my character.

most daytime servers will already be looted, though you can grab stuff if you get there after a reset

personally I try to get civilian guns. The best area for shotguns and mosins is probably Vybor (south of the NW airfield)

this is true for the coast. However, the more inland you go, the more loot you find.

But Joe Blow hopped 5 servers at balota and didn't find nutin. ITS BROKEN!

actually no its working great

Why go to balota? Outside Pavlovo is an miltary base with a prison building, 4 baracks and lots of loot in them. Stary has 2 baracks and 1 prison building. found most of my loot there. NWAF was looted but not as much as it should be.

Since last patch, I think I am getting geard quicker. Fewer people in the west now? The base near Pavlovo and south in Zelenogorsk is loaded every time I stop in.

• Like 1

Since last patch, I think I am getting geard quicker. Fewer people in the west now? The base near Pavlovo and south in Zelenogorsk is loaded every time I stop in.

Exactly, I went to MB in Pavlovo first. then to zelenogorsk. I then went to the mountain with the large tower on top ( forgot the name). Has a prison aswel. Then ran to stary. Looted. Passed 2 towns and scavenged them aswel ( well what i needed atleast) Then ran to NWAF and ended there outside.

I could be wrong but my experience is this... you will never find fresh spawned guns with ammo inserted or back packs with contents. If you do it's because someone else put them there. Lastly, the west side of the map from the northern base north of NWAF to Bolata is a gold mine for guns and ammo. I'm not going to give up all the locations but I will say this, there are 7 locations almost in line with each other from north to south or vice versa. It takes about 1.5 hours to hit all of them in a single run. If you start at server restart and don't get killed along the way, you will find most of the gear you could ever want. If you're new to raiding while running it may take you longer. When I raid I rarely stand still except to actually grab something I need.

There are lots of unwritten rules like trust no one, shoot first etc... but the most important rule for new spawns is "Go west".

Edited by Sinphaltimus

I could be wrong but my experience is this... you will never find fresh spawned guns with ammo inserted or back packs with contents. If you do it's because someone else put them there. Lastly, the west side of the map from the northern base north of NWAF to Bolata is a gold mine for guns and ammo. I'm not going to give up all the locations but I will say this, there are 7 locations almost in line with each other from north to south or vice versa. It takes about 1.5 hours to hit all of them in a single run. If you start at server restart and don't get killed along the way, you will find most of the gear you could ever want. If you're new to raiding while running it may take you longer. When I raid I rarely stand still except to actually grab something I need.

There are lots of unwritten rules like trust no one, shoot first etc... but the most important rule for new spawns is "Go west".

I have to disagree, most of these buildings i looted had so much loot i could have NOT been left by others. ammo boxes full of ammo, 3-5 pistols in the same building with full magazines. These were ofcourse in Mb's but they weren't looted. Most of the doors were closed except for the MB in stary and in NWAF... Pavlovo had enormous amounts of loot for me to take.

But i have to agree, stick West.

I don't like going to the coast anymore. It's easy to navigate, but it's hard to find any proper loot in them.

I've found ammo boxes with ammo, but I've never found a gun with ammo in it. They could have changed it this recent patch though. Have only been to one military place since then, and it had already been looted (lots of shotguns in civilian places, though).

2014_01_26_00001.jpg

2014_01_26_00002.jpg

2014_01_26_00003.jpg

Yes, i totally went straight for the firearms and make me starve to death... Tsss i consider firearms as an optional. But it's good to have them. But still, i take care of my character.

Hungry

food in bags

BAD BAD BAD

YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!

Often times servers with 20-25+ people can still hold good loot. Hence the reason so many are playing on one server, there is still loot.

Often times servers with 20-25+ people can still hold good loot. Hence the reason so many are playing on one server, there is still loot.

People are just KoS PvP in the cities with what can be scavenged or pried from dead hands. Approx. 5 people and they are all looting every place they can run to. :D

Loot can't respawn (and likely never will) so if you find a weapon, or ammo, it means that no one has been there since last restart on that server.

i consider firearms as an optional. But it's good to have them. But still, i take care of my character.

Enjoy that while it lasts mate. Once zombies are actually in the game and functional, you might change your tune.

(and likely never will)

Dean specifically said the current system is a placeholder and will be replaced by appropriate respawn mechanics.

Yeah there is still good loot but it IS a little more difficult to find things like the mosin and a good AR now. It takes quite a bit of hunting to find them now. Pistols and shotguns are plenty atm.

Finding worn or pristine loadouts to use is MUCH MUCH harder though now. Which is ok in fact i found a pristine anti stab vest after i scared off a survivor near a train depot.

Hungry

food in bags

BAD BAD BAD

YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!

I just logged in just to make the pictures. then logged off again. Wiseass

I have to disagree, most of these buildings i looted had so much loot i could have NOT been left by others. ammo boxes full of ammo, 3-5 pistols in the same building with full magazines. These were ofcourse in Mb's but they weren't looted. Most of the doors were closed except for the MB in stary and in NWAF... Pavlovo had enormous amounts of loot for me to take.

But i have to agree, stick West.

I don't like going to the coast anymore. It's easy to navigate, but it's hard to find any proper loot in them.

Disagree with what? My experience? I opened with the point that I could be wrong but in my experience I have never found a box or gun or back pack ever that already had ammo attached or contents inside. That's me and it's true. That's not to say you never found such things. My first thought was it was left by someone. And if you think about it, that can still be true.

Imagine a person killing everyone they see entering a base, then stripping them of their belongings and leaving those things laying around. Not such a far fetched idea. And, needless to say, I've lost ammo boxes full of ammo several times because I didn't know you can hold them in hand. I used to put them down to grab ammo and forget to pick them up before leaving. Sometimes I like to run around with a gun on my back and in my hands. When I get tired of that I just drop one, fully kitted and loaded.

try looting an empty server after a restart and let me know if you continue to find loaded guns, filed boxes or loot in packs.

I have almost 300 hours in and the only time I ever found such things was on a dead body.

Perhaps these things can spawn fresh with ammo and contents. I've just never seen it myself and would have to experience before I fully agreed that it happens.

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

Disagree with what? My experience? I opened with the point that I could be wrong but in my experience I have never found a box or gun or back pack ever that already had ammo attached or contents inside. That's me and it's true. That's not to say you never found such things. My first thought was it was left by someone. And if you think about it, that can still be true.

Imagine a person killing everyone they see entering a base, then stripping them of their belongings and leaving those things laying around. Not such a far fetched idea. And, needless to say, I've lost ammo boxes full of ammo several times because I didn't know you can hold them in hand. I used to put them down to grab ammo and forget to pick them up before leaving. Sometimes I like to run around with a gun on my back and in my hands. When I get tired of that I just drop one, fully kitted and loaded.

try looting an empty server after a restart and let me know if you continue to find loaded guns, filed boxes or loot in packs.

I have almost 300 hours in and the only time I ever found such things was on a dead body.

Perhaps these things can spawn fresh with ammo and contents. I've just never seen it myself and would have to experience before I fully agreed that it happens.

You need to go to lower pop servers with about 4 ppl you can find all kinds of stuff. Just gotta be careful still.

Nice haul, anyone can do that. People are complaining about SCOPES. Specifically the LRS. I'm actually happy about this, now not everyone can snipe, it takes serious dedication to find a scope to snipe now.