Sign in to follow this  
JorisK

Some newbie questions

1) I noticed pictures of people "Sitting" at the campfire. How do yo exactly sit down? (whick key)

2) I noticed a lot of carparts scattered all around the map. Are the carparts you find universal and do they fit on any car?

3) How do I exectly fit some carparts?

4) I noticed a lot of comments about "Tents". I scavenged around 30% of the map but couldn't find a test. If they should be found, where should i look?

Press X to "sit/crouch"

And yes you can use the carparts to repair cars :3

I just started playing.. so dont know about the Tents XD but there's Deer Stands in the forest

Car parts are universal i think. Any fuel tank, wheel, engine can be used to fix any vehicle that needs it. To fix car/bus/etc you need a tool box and the parts that might be broken on the car/bus/etc.

Tents tend to spawn in supermarkets most I have found. Since the latest update that wiped out a lot of tents, my community has been searching far and wide with very little success for more tents.

Oh and default to sit is " ' " I think. I know I didn't rebind that key and that is what I use to sit by the fire. :)

Default to sit is apostrophe ' .

Tents spawn more in stores than other places, though I have found a couple in the two story barns.

Car parts are universal. To see what a vehicle needs fixed scrollwheel to enter the vehicle as driver and look at the upper left. If something is yellow-red you need the corresponding parts to fix it. (engine "eng" is red= you need 2-3 engine parts to get it green) But if something is orange-yellow it will work, but recommended you fix it asap.

To fix a vehicle you must have the car part in your inventory, not backpack. Scroll wheel on the vehicle till it shows something like "repair engine" or "repair lft frnt wheel". Then scroll wheel down to that option and click it. The item to be fixe should show up as red/orange/yellow. Green means the part is fixed already.