Synergy2525

Server Hoppers

So ask I have to do is just jump from server to server and loot the same buildings over and over again to get loot? Even on Twitch they loot a building or town and then it says switching servers just so they do it again? I'm new to this but WTF!!! That's ask I need to do is to make it to as major city, loot, switch servers and then repeat? Can't this be fixed?

• Like 1

In future devs probably make character server bound or something.

This is why I am looking forward to loot respawns, so that servers do not become devoid of loot after two hours of players scrounging every nook and cranny.

Sadly, server hoppers will still exist even then as long as there is nothing stopping them from using the tactic.

Each server should memorize same user so if someone start from one server, get good items and log into another server he should start from start, again.. That would prevent server hoppers.

I don't know if there is a term for the thing a described my English is quite bad 

No, this is an awful idea, because servers come up and down, also admin abuse is quite common now days, there should just be a 10 mintue timer inbetween moving servers, it wont remove all server hopping but it'll slow it down.

• Like 1

Each server should memorize same user so if someone start from one server, get good items and log into another server he should start from start, again.. That would prevent server hoppers.

I don't know if there is a term for the thing a described my English is quite bad

1. Server dies - no char. 2 Server full - can not use your char. 3. Have your char on one server and your friends on other. 4. No loot on server - do not know what to do untill server restart. FAIL. I think ppl just should do not give a fuck about that and enjoy the game

In future devs probably make character server bound or something.

I don't think they created a whole hive-system to carry character over servers to only throw it away later on. There are other options against server opping, but like stated many times before - that system is still in development / puts too high of a strain of servers. 

So it's just exactly the same as many more issues in this game; they're working on it and we've either got to enjoy the game or don't - and wait for the update that fixes it.

Edited by Problematic

Work on queued login has begun and should be implemented soon. This allows for penalties in certain situations, in the form of a timeout. Which means their character will stay in the server they logged out from, until their timeout has expired. It's the devs solution to both combat logging and server hopping. Default time is 30 seconds + plus any penalty we apply to combat logging/rapid server hopping etc.. So that means, as a minimum, their character will still be present for at least 30 seconds. During this time you can loot, kill, anything, to that player and the results will be saved.

• Like 4

nope nope and nope... legitimate reasons for changing servers... they need find other ways to stop server hoping...but they need fix a lot of the the game mechanics first,  loads of guff like dieing on stairs,  jumping too delayed along with inventory lagg and weapon switching deal with basic stuff first

I say this time and time again;

Have a last server played function

If you decide to move to a different server you are completly stripped of you're gear

-- No more server jumping!

Work on queued login has begun and should be implemented soon. This allows for penalties in certain situations, in the form of a timeout. Which means their character will stay in the server they logged out from, until their timeout has expired. It's the devs solution to both combat logging and server hopping. Default time is 30 seconds + plus any penalty we apply to combat logging/rapid server hopping etc.. So that means, as a minimum, their character will still be present for at least 30 seconds. During this time you can loot, kill, anything, to that player and the results will be saved.

wow.. does that mean if you handcuffed them and force fed them, when they eventually get into another server they will be handcuffed etc etc..? amazing if it is so..

Why not make weaps and ammo spawn in other places? youre telling me the houses are a bad place for weaps and ammo? really?

make weapns and ammo random spawn anywhere. that takes away the need for everyone to visit the airbase. spread the loot out. problem solved.

also, spawns need to happen IN GAME- not this every 4 hour crap. randomly, anytime, any place (within reason). that eliminates the player who comes in after 2 hours after the server has been picked clean and doesnt waste 2 hours running around with a can of beans. right now, its too easy to find stuff if you know how to work the system.

your character being forced on 1 server is a shit idea unless you want to play 1 out of 7 days. i have my favorite servers now and often times they are filled up with people.

Why not make weaps and ammo spawn in other places? youre telling me the houses are a bad place for weaps and ammo? really?

make weapns and ammo random spawn anywhere. that takes away the need for everyone to visit the airbase. spread the loot out. problem solved.

also, spawns need to happen IN GAME- not this every 4 hour crap. randomly, anytime, any place (within reason). that eliminates the player who comes in after 2 hours after the server has been picked clean and doesnt waste 2 hours running around with a can of beans. right now, its too easy to find stuff if you know how to work the system.

your character being forced on 1 server is a shit idea unless you want to play 1 out of 7 days. i have my favorite servers now and often times they are filled up with people.

A bit of this + logout/serverhopping timers + no loot if you log in to close to a building = problem nearly solved

• Like 1

THIS

wow.. does that mean if you handcuffed them and force fed them, when they eventually get into another server they will be handcuffed etc etc..? amazing if it is so..

Nope, because if you log out while handcuffed, your character is automatically killed, same goes for being unconscious, if you log out while unconscious, your character dies, this was added in a previous patch.

Nope, because if you log out while handcuffed, your character is automatically killed, same goes for being unconscious, if you log out while unconscious, your character dies, this was added in a previous patch.

He meant that you get handcuffed after you leave, in that 30 seconds timeout period.

ultimately they will make loot respawn on a timer instead of the current respawn on a restart and that should fix the problem

He meant that you get handcuffed after you leave, in that 30 seconds timeout period.

I assume once the clone is ready to disappear, it will count as logging off, if that is not the case then I would imagine that is a bug, since once this is implemented, the "actual" log off occurs after the timer runs out, so I assume that will be when the penalties get applied.

I will probably test this with some friends once this gets added, and report it as a bug if it isn't the case.

• Like 1

I assume once the clone is ready to disappear, it will count as logging off, if that is not the case then I would imagine that is a bug, since once this is implemented, the "actual" log off occurs after the timer runs out, so I assume that will be when the penalties get applied.

I will probably test this with some friends once this gets added, and report it as a bug if it isn't the case.

yeah, that kinda makes sense, pity though i'd nearly prefare for them to log back in handcuffed / stripped / and with a burlap sack over their heads!! death seems an easy get out..

yeah, that kinda makes sense, pity though i'd nearly prefare for them to log back in handcuffed / stripped / and with a burlap sack over their heads!! death seems an easy get out..

The main problems with that, and the reason I believe they added death on log out while handcuffed:

You can't know when someone is logging out, and if they aren't dead, if this system wasn't in place, they would get away from you and you get nothing, they log in on any other server, struggle out of their handcuffs and be on their way, it is actually way too easy to break the handcuffs, and being able to do it away from the person who handcuffed you in (relatively) complete safely breaks the mechanics, it also gives you a stronger reason not to simply log off.

2 choices: Lose your character or sit through it and see how it plays out