drakenof

Loadings are getting longer and longer

It's going out of control.

Now with the PC gamer interview... shit son...

I don't know where it will stop, but on thing is sure : waiting about 15 minutes to play is absolutely awful.

I completely disagree Slav. The game is still in alpha; it doesn't need this kind of attention now. The servers can't handle it. It's hard enough as it is to get into a working one. At this rate people could be getting sick of the game and forgetting it before it's even in beta. That kind of reputation could hurt it if it ever goes to a standalone game.

The alpha needs to be closed and restricted although I fear what has been done cant be undone, we are stuck in a snowball effect.

TBH, people need to start donating web servers to reinforce the back end, not yet more game servers. A half dozen more euro servers just went up, and there are two dozen sitting half (or less) full now.

TBH' date=' people need to start donating web servers to reinforce the back end, not yet more game servers. A half dozen more euro servers just went up, and there are two dozen sitting half (or less) full now.

[/quote']

After studying databases for three years I can agree with this would love to know how DayZ is set up DB wise anyway. :)

In my experience loading times are not as slow as they were before. I haven't got any issues almost in a week.

I'd have to vote no to closing it to the general public simply because the publicity has likely gotten a lot of people (like me) to buy Arma 2 (and OA) just to play it :) I know it's not ideal to have such a sudden influx of players, but I'd recommend adapting to that rather than locking it down - I think at this point locking it down would...well, suck.

Before my character got corrupted, wait time for me was max at 5 minutes. Maybe its your computer?