Sign in to follow this  
crazykage

Walkie Talkies ("Transmitters") now have functionality????

Can anyone confirm this? I don't know if they actually work now, as I was unable to communicate with anyone, but this is what I DO know.

Now, if you find and acquire a transmitter, you can "inspect it" to get a close up view and an empty description text box that simply says ".....".

BUT, if you attach a 9v battery to it, and THEN right click, you get some more options that weren't there before.

NOW you can choose to "turn on" the current radio frequency, followed by two options to select either "next" or "back" "XX.XX" (frequency), and of course "detach 9v battery" and "inspect".

If a frequency is turned "on", you can use the <> keys to cycle between "direct communication", and "XX.XX" (whatever frequency the transmitter is tuned to).

I played around with a few frequencies, typing into the chat bar a few times, but got no response.

It also seems that there is a wide range of frequencies to choose from, although how many exactly, I didn't count.

Does anybody know if these things actually WORK now? Can someone test this by getting on the same frequencies and trying it out?

EDIT: as I have one myself, if anyone wants to, I would be willing to test it out with them. All you need is a 9v, a transmitter, and make sure we are in the same server. (im not logged in atm, but would log in again if someone wants to test this out)

Edited by Crazykage

I found a walkie talkie, which server are you playing on will come by and test with you... 8-)

do you also have a spare 9v for it? What about a head set? I also want to see if it works for verbal comms, or if it only works with the chat bar

Edited by Crazykage

They work

Can you elaborate?

is there a range limitation (most "transmitters" that look like that IRL have an effective range of about 500 yrds, and that's if there is a clear line of sight)?

Do they work with verbal comms (headset and mike)

Or do they only work with the chatbar?

I found a walkie talkie, which server are you playing on will come by and test with you... 8-)

i have only one attached to my headlight...will test first if my battery is working, if not need to find a pristine one, will let you know asap.

If it didn't work with headset and comms, I won't use it. That would be stupid.

I'd recommend just a copy-paste of the ACRE radio system (as in, range, static etc.); would probably be better than anything the Dev Team came up with; no offense, ACRE is incredibly polished.

1km range, you can use headset you can hear them in perimeter

Niiiiice.....

Friend and I tested them, couldnt get them to work.Batteries, same channel, etc. Has anyone else actually tried? Maybe our battery was dead or something

Edited by Maia

Had them working

You put in batteries

You right click on it in inventory to turn on the radio on the frequency you selected.

you swap your chat channel to the radio channel

and talk

They also then work if you place it on the ground turned on

Edited by BL1P

Had them working

You put in batteries

You right click on it in inventory to turn on the radio on the frequency you selected.

you swap your chat channel to the radio channel

and talk

They also then work if you place it on the ground turned on

Sorry, i have tried attaching battery which i licked and it says full of charge. So dragged it and it still red highlight, not green nor any options to attach it, blue highlight is swapping slots....cannot see any video attaching the battery, any advise will be very much appreciated.... 8-)

P.S. I cannot even put the walkie talkie in my hand..... 8-(

Edited by RockerJC

Can you elaborate?

is there a range limitation (most "transmitters" that look like that IRL have an effective range of about 500 yrds, and that's if there is a clear line of sight)?

Do they work with verbal comms (headset and mike)

Or do they only work with the chatbar?

500 yds?   Maybe if they where cheap two way radio's, but my Cobra's have a 28 mile range reaches for miles depending on what watt settings I have it on.  

My last spawn I found one and didn't even think about trying it out. Will have to next time I find one.