Sign in to follow this  
dashx73 (DayZ)

Remove Payday Masks from Game

Explain, how those don't fit DayZ? (one word is not enough)

Why there can't be any nice stuff, like these masks?

Those who say thay need be rarer, try remember that game is still at pre-alpha state.

Edited by ryuuou

Actually, you'd be surprised how fitting the PayDay masks are in a zombie outbreak setting.

COUGH COUGH L4D DLC CROSSOVER COUGH

only masks that im concerned about is ski masks, pantyhose masks, and face paint camouflage..

All other masks can go. 

ALTHOUGH...

8OdxDxw.png

Edited by UnarmedCiv
  • Like 1

only masks that im concerned about is ski masks, pantyhose masks, and face paint camouflage..

All other masks can go. 

ALTHOUGH...

8OdxDxw.png

strongly agree .... 

• Like 1

I like the masks for the fact that they allow bandit types to self-identify themselves as a bandit. I distrust anyone who thinks it's a good idea to wear a evil looking mask - probably up to no good.

• Like 1

Nothing breaks immersion and realism like these bad boys.....

KJfd7tS.png

Not a fan of the masks either but meh... there will always be something for someone to bitch about. 

Right! I love how he says that part of Deans inspiration is Mad Max and Thunder then goes on to say masks don't fit with the vision. Ummm have you watched mad max or thunder dome and seen what they wore? I think the masks are way better than some of the outfits in the movie.

I don't think anyone here is saying there shouldn't be masks in the game. It is just silly that it is masks from a specific game. Make some creepy Eastern European styled masks unique to DayZ instead of these badly disguised product placements.

I don't mind the masks being in the game but I really wish they were about 10x less common than they currently are.

Less common or just gone ... Make some unique DayZ setting masks. Maybe some chernaurus carnival masks.

Nothing breaks immersion and realism like these bad boys.....

KJfd7tS.png

Not a fan of the masks either but meh... there will always be something for someone to bitch about. 

Two can play at that game. Have at ye!

hYEbgwP.jpg

• Like 2

I don't think anyone here is saying there shouldn't be masks in the game. It is just silly that it is masks from a specific game. Make some creepy Eastern European styled masks unique to DayZ instead of these badly disguised product placements.

So let me get this right these masks are from a game that is about armed robbery correct and what exactly do most players do in this game?? Yes that is right they rob any person they see mostly for nothing. These masks fit perfectly in the current state of the Dayz world. Also Dean just loves payday DayZ is his baby and its alpha let the guy have a few things.

Now the coolest bug is the burlap sack not working properly and only being able to be worn as a mask. That is the coolest and most appropriate mask in game and its great because it is unintentional. I would like to see it put into the game permanently just have to make eye holes with a knife presto change-o.

Wait. Did OP complain about item descriptions being in English? 

I would hope that you're aware that the description of the item isn't actually written on the item.

why not replace the payday mask with something else, like the special forces use. Just a face mask, something like my avatar. And a large goggle beside the rayban.

I quite like the masks being the game... They seem pretty bandity. They have abit of a half assed description though... I mean messed up clown faces are worn during harvest celebrations or something? That could be improved....

I quite like the masks being the game... They seem pretty bandity. They have abit of a half assed description though... I mean messed up clown faces are worn during harvest celebrations or something? That could be improved....

"A silly mask popular among the children of Chernarus. Most commonly worn during bandit activities."

Burlap sack remainds me of post-apocaliptic, animated film "9", where main characters are ragtag, hand-stitched dolls, from similar material as the sack. Also it would be nice to have ski masks.

BTW, i m from eastern Europe and when I was a kid, we had similar masks for costume balls..  

Burlap sack remainds me of post-apocaliptic, animated film "9", where main characters are ragtag, hand-stitched dolls, from similar material as the sack. Also it would be nice to have ski masks.

BTW, i m from eastern Europe and when I was a kid, we had similar masks for costume balls..  

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this thought... .but seriously you wore american flag masks during your eastern europe costume balls?

Masquerade_ball_at_Ch_teau_de_Hattonch_t

Lol, definitely not american flag mask, but something similar to those other masks in DayZ..