Andrej Dudev

M4A1 CCO's Aimpoint not accurate

Weapon_M4_CCO.png

Hello, I'm using an M4A1 CCO (the one with aimpoint, you know) with Stanag SD ammo.

For some reason, except when I'm firing between 1 and 15 meters, the accuracy is perfectly aligned with the red dot.

When I'm firing anything further than 15 meters I encounter this problem:

When aiming from third person view with crosshair enabled the aim is perfectly aligned with the CH and I can use the rifle without any problem BUT when I'm using FIRST PERSON and I try to shoot I notice that every shot goes 0,5~1cm above where the red dot is pointing so, I have to lower the aim to be able to hit something.

This is really confusing because I'm not really able to use this rifle while in first person view, everytime it seems the rifle is aiming 0,5 cm above the red dot and sometimes 1cm above the red dot.

I never had this problem with any other weapon using aimpoint.

Isn't the aimpoint supposed to be zeroed on a distance circa 300meters?

Is it normal? Is there any way to fix this problem?

It's perfectly accurate. It's probably zeroed at X meters. Try shooting at 200m+- you'll se how accurate it is. For closer targets you can easily correct it by aiming the neck/mouth.

Anyways, on close targets when I aim to head, it hits always so It shouldn't be a problem.

It's perfectly accurate. It's probably zeroed at X meters. Try shooting at 200m+- you'll se how accurate it is. For closer targets you can easily correct it by aiming the neck/mouth.

That's the problem! It seems that this aimpoint is zeroed to 15 meters; I cannot aim with precision because I'm forced to LOWER the aim at any distance above 15m while I'd actually be supposed to RAISE the aim.

I'm confused.

It is an ArmA issue.

Use regular STANAG magazines and you won't have a problem.

as you have noticed, your unsuppressed weapon does not attract zombies so firing subsonic rounds from unsupressed weapons has been deliberately gimped - the sights are now zeroed at 1km while the devs work a new system for gunshot aggro

try the search function

It is an ArmA issue.

That's sad because I have only SD mags.

Anyway, thanks everyone.

as you have noticed' date=' your unsuppressed weapon does not attract zombies so firing subsonic rounds from unsupressed weapons has been deliberately gimped - the sights are now zeroed at 1km while the devs work a new system for gunshot aggro

[/quote']

So, the suppressed sound comes from ammunition and not from the weapons itself?

Well, the solution is: SD weapons should be loaded only with SD mags and whatever mag used with non-suppressed weapons should not be suppressed (from the zombie point of view).

It's the weapon that should give the suppression, not the mags.

When zeroing there are two points where the trajectory of the bullet intersects the LOS. With a M4 CCO these points are at approx. 25m and 300m.

[attachment=1308]

When zeroing there are two points where the trajectory of the bullet intersects the LOS. With a M4 CCO these points are at approx. 25m and 300m.

I understand but with SD mags all values are screwed.

If only we're not being punished for engine(?) limitations. sharia.gif

I understand but with SD mags all values are screwed.

If only we're not being punished for engine(?) limitations. sharia.gif

Oops, I didn't read the OP properly.

You are right. When using SD mags in a M4A1 CCO the zeroing is incorrect, probably because the muzzle velocity of SD rounds is different.

It's the weapon that should give the suppression' date=' not the mags.

[/quote']

Not true.

Using supersonic ammo with a suppressor attached isn't gonna be anywhere near as silent as using subsonic.

Using SD ammo in any weapon should lower the volume substantially, as there's no supersonic crack involved.

Using standard ammo in a suppressed weapon should still let the suppressor take some volume, but only something like 1/4th of the standard level.

However, it should also take away the muzzle flash, regardless of ammo used.

When you have to aim the gun below what you want to shoot, that means it's zero'd farther than the target is. When you have to aim it above what you want to shoot that means it's zero'd closer than the target is.

That being said SD ammo zeros your gun for 1000 meters, regular ammo will zero it for 300 meters.

Not true.

Using supersonic ammo with a suppressor attached isn't gonna be anywhere near as silent as using subsonic.

Using SD ammo in any weapon should lower the volume substantially' date=' as there's no supersonic crack involved.

Using standard ammo in a suppressed weapon should still let the suppressor take some volume, but only something like 1/4th of the standard level.

However, it should also take away the muzzle flash, regardless of ammo used.

[/quote']

Using the standard ammo in a suppressed weapon will let people know they're being shot at, but not where from. Using subsonic ammo in an unsuppressed weapon will let them know where gun shots are coming from, but maybe not if they're being shot at.

Take your pick.

From an experienced ArmA player...

The regular and SD ammo have different muzzle velocities and masses, therefore different parabolic curves. The bullet actually flies over the zero-point before reaching the distance that the sights are zeroed at. Therefore, when aiming below the distance the sight is set to, you have to aim a little below the target. I hope this makes sense.

As to suppressed weapons in the game-

As per real life, there are subsonic rounds, and weapon suppressors. For maximum effectiveness they must be used together. Subsonic rounds do not produce the telltale 'crack' as they fly overhead that allows players to detect the direction of the shot, at the cost of reduced damage. Weapon suppressors, of course, reduce the audio signature of the shot itself, making you harder to pinpoint. As with players, the AI is affected by both, they detect you based on the original shot volume, as well as the supersonic crack that is produced afterwards. At least, that is the case in the original game, and as far as I know the mod doesn't change anything to do with ballistics.

I hope this was helpful.

Someone has probably already mentioned this, but guns are zeroed at certain ranges so that the bullet will land where you're aiming at that range.

If your target is farther out than that range, the bullet will hit low.

If your target is closer than that, the bullet will hit high.

It is easier to use SD rounds with the M4 with the Eotech holosight on it. The zeroing is such that putting your target right at the 12 oclock position on the ring that surrounds the main dot of the sight will make it hit the target.

Someone made a video on this, SD Ammo does this. I can't recall what it was called but it was on these forums it showed how he had to aim lower using SD ammo compared to regular mags.

Test it out in the editor. A solution is just aim lower at a distance to compensate it will at the least hit the target in the chest.

Someone made a video on this' date=' SD Ammo does this. I can't recall what it was called but it was on these forums it showed how he had to aim lower using SD ammo compared to regular mags.

Test it out in the editor. A solution is just aim lower at a distance to compensate it will at the least hit the target in the chest.

[/quote']

Yes, I am now used to aim using an invisible marker above the dot.

I was using the M4A1 CCO just last night and had no trouble hitting things. In fact I was surprised how far out I could pop a zombie with a carbine.

Even in close quarters though, I've had no problems. Maybe the problem is the SD ammo you're using. I only have standard STANAG mags.

As a side note I found: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Italian_Soldier_Olypmic_Games_Turin_2006.jpg

while researching STANAG. I'm moving to Italy!

How can you use regular ammo with a suppressed weapon? From what I've seen, I've only ever been able to load a suppressed gun exclusively with suppressed ammo, whereas I can load an unsuppressed weapon with either type.

as you have noticed' date=' your unsuppressed weapon does not attract zombies so firing subsonic rounds from unsupressed weapons has been deliberately gimped - the sights are now zeroed at 1km while the devs work a new system for gunshot aggro

try the search function

[/quote']

Your sig is completely and in every way wrong. Your PvE death approximation doesn't account for:

Death from Glitches

Death from hitting respawn to get to another spawnpoint

Death from suicide (grenade)

It is an ArmA issue.

Nope' date=' never had this issue in ArmA 2 nor in OA.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9198

[/quote']

Go in to the editor, place down some weapon creates and a target

Load up an unsuppressed M16/AK-74 with STANAG SD/AK-74SD. You WILL get the same results.