Greenjellie

Turning up volume = flipping the bird

So,
although I have taunt bound to the f4 key, pressing the fn key (laptop) and f12 together (which is how I turn up the volume) causes my character to flip the bird too.
Not that big of an issue, until some friendly talks to you, you turn up the volume to hear him better and get shot for being rude (true story).
So I was wondering if anyone has an idea of what may be causing this/how to prevent it? :)

Thanks!

I know you can disable the F1-12 keys for regular actions like volume,brightness, etc, because I've done it on my Gateway laptop. Search up how to disable F key actions, you should come across something rather quickly. You can also change the Insult key attachment, theres plenty of key combos for that.  :lol:

This emote often goes off when I hit CAPSLOCK. Extremely annoying. Trying to voice chat in a crucial situation where you run into someone, not only do I start doing an animation that interferes with my gun aiming...but I'm also flipping off said person. Makes saying "Friendly!" slightly less convincing to say the least.

OP person I have the same problem.. It's so bad first thing I'm saying is shit sorry friendly don't know how I gave you the finger. I have no idea how to give the finger in the first place if I wanted to, but when I don't want to and I hit caps lock for direct chat I flip the person off. Haven't been killed from it yet well no one has killed me yet after 7hours of playing but I have died tons lol mostly from running around buildings and falling. Or been sick