Sign in to follow this  
Jumbaliah

When is daytime?

Anyone know when the sun sets and rises in chernarus?

With the new server time function I want to jump on a server that's like 30 mins before sunrise. 

Think it is based on your timezone? i.e. GMT is dark now, so the servers will be dark for me if I log on now.

I assume that is right? Sure someone will correct me if I am wrong?

Quit being a pussy and fight in the dark? 

Gee comrade poster, I think he wants to watch the sunrise. Maybe because, you know, we are alpha testers and should test stuff, and experience stuff so that we properly can give input to the benefit of this game's development.

• Like 4

This forum/community blows. 

Stop trolling. I'm clearly trying to see the sunrise/sunset. 

And to make constructive criticism on things like how long the days are vs how long the nights are. Any visual bugs from going between night and day, etc. 

The servers are set to a time so there should be a specific time the sun rises and sets. Joined a server that was 18:00 (6 P.M.) and it was pitch black. 

About 7am server time... before you log in and when your picking a server to play on on the right sight next to the ping there is a "time" column. Thats the time in game.  But around 7am you should be ablet o see like normal day time.

• Like 1

About 7am server time... before you log in and when your picking a server to play on on the right sight next to the ping there is a "time" column. Thats the time in game.  But around 7am you should be ablet o see like normal day time.

Nice! thank you, so if i get on a server at about 5:30 i can probably see what i want. 

The sun sets around 1700 or so; at least it did the other day.  It was a very nice transition from daylight to dusk to night.

• Like 1

Yeah 530- 7 am is prime time. its hella dark though because there is no moon. but you can find good stuff. "The early bird gets the worm"

After seeing the transition to night, I wanted to see what it was like going to day.  I logged out at 1900-ish, the moon was up, and I could see very well.  When I logged back in around 0630, it was dark as heck (the moon was down); we tested in the dark for a bit and checked out one of the new villages.  It was after 0700 when we logged out, and it was still very dark.  However, things were getting brighter, and I could tell that it wouldn't be too long before dawn.

For me even 8:00 AM sometimes seems dark, I think 9:00 is when the pure daytime starts

I made a powerpoint presentation about this very subject.

bfjmn8.gif

Was wondering how you could see that, thanks.

I really hope the change the timescale so that a full day only takes about 3 hours. That way I can play and see a sunset and sunrise in the same gaming session.

Arma + editor simuIating fuII year sun star and moon cycIe.

So its about which current day of the year is set ingame decides which dayIenght and moon type you have... 

Edited by Pain0815