Sign in to follow this  
Grold

Character resetted again

This game is basically unplayable since the last patch, today for the 12th time as soon as you log out even if you log back in after few minutes the character is totally resetted no matter which server you enter than. This is the one and only issue you guys should fix or find a way to avoid ASAP , there is no point in playing the game if i get my chaacter resetted everytime, and i think every player is experiencing this. 

See you next patch/hot-fix

Edited by Grold

This is the one and only issue you guys should fix or find a way to avoid ASAP

Nope. Gear is very unimportant and easyly regained within a single hour. Desynch is a problem which makes you unable to test things so alone this is already more important than character resets.

there is no point in playing the game if i get my chaacter resetted everytime

Testing is the point of playing an alpha, not being proud about collected gear.

i think every player is experiencing this. 

Nope again. What did cause that assumption?

Edited by SprStnd

Alpha.

No Database.

Have you ever played this game before the last patch? It doesn't seem so, before this patch this was a sporadic bug never happened to me more than once, after the patch is happening EVERY time i log out.

Nope. Gear is very unimportant and easyly regained within a single hour. Desynch is a problem which makes you unable to test things so alone this is already more important than character resets.

Testing is the point of playing an alpha, not being proud about collected gear.

Nope again. What did cause that assumption?

I don't need to be proud of anything, as much as this is in test i still have to enjoy it as i spent money on it. Resetting the character at every log off is at the moment making this game test experience very bad and i strongly suggest those who are willing to buy it to wait as this is not a minor issue in my point of view. 

For the assumption just try to open the Troubelshooting forums

Edited by Grold

Try playing with a newspawn for a few minutes, picking up some loot and then re logging on the same server. I've found that it just never saves my character data if I was not walking around a bit. So it might seem it's getting reset every server change / log, but maybe if you try doing something, exiting, and then trying the same server it helps ;)

Also I stay away from servers that don't have general names at the moment. Like ''Clan server xxxx NO PVP Day ONLY!!1! hosted by HostingProvider.com'' as an extreme example of a server I would not join.

Rocket has stated that there is a Database for players.

So usually when servers restart, a lot of characters are wiped because of the fact they do a lot of character wipes without warning.

There was a disclaimer and its alpha, so I don't get why people are getting upset about this. Because, we're helping the games development.. People are acting like it's a full release. 

You all know this.. right?

Edited by Boxxy

well i have that problem on no single server, every server saves and loads my character just fine. still im not assuming everyone is fine...

for the repeative threads like this one maybe try to have look around yourself first.... 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167343-servers-with-connection-issues-to-central-hive/

Has happened to me three times now, last night being the most recent. If the point of the Alpha is to identify bugs, then I've identified one. My character keeps re-starting, and it's random. I can play for a week straight and it happens, and I can play for a few hours and it happens. I always join public servers.

Every server reset my character gets wiped... My friend I play with has all of his gear and stuff after every rest. It makes it extremely hard to play a game if every 4 hours I have to start all over again.... Yes I have tried other servers, yes I have tried to go back to the server I was on, yes I have restarted my game... Nothing works.

Edited by sccovert

that's interesting. My son and I play together and he still has all his gear but I get reset. We have our own accounts and play on the same servers.