Sign in to follow this  
oksklok

My mosin can only chamber 1 bullet after painted green

It's most likely a bug but honestly who knows we do have stocks , bipods, and muzzle breaks that somehow now magically increase accuracy.

It's most likely a bug but honestly who knows we do have stocks , bipods, and muzzle breaks that somehow now magically increase accuracy.

it is a bug. Any spraypaint will ruin your mosin. Don't do it.

Come on people lurk a little bit before you post the same question/statement that already has a lot of threads for it.

I thought it was an added feature tbh, as the myosin round has a holder for the 5 rounds in reality doesn't it?

But without that "clip" you can only chamber the one loose round?

I thought it was an added feature tbh, as the myosin round has a holder for the 5 rounds in reality doesn't it?

But without that "clip" you can only chamber the one loose round?

Not true. The 5 rounds can be loaded individually and stored in the mosin's internal box magazine Edited by Tizzle
  • Like 1

Anyone got the same problem? Is it a bug? :blush:

Dont paint your gun and you will be fine. Until it gets fixed anyways. Besides it may look nice but being able to fire 5 shots without reloading every single round is way better.

Note: Chambering a round is NOT the same as loading rounds into a magazine. Chambering puts a single round into the firing chamber, and this is independent of the rounds loaded into the magazine or even the magazine being attached to the weapon. With weapons that have separate magazines, it is possible to chamber a round and then insert a fully loaded magazine to increase the number of available bullets by one. So, using the FNX45 as an example, it should be possible to chamber a round and then insert a fully loaded mag', bringing the total bullet count inside the weapon to sixteen. I haven't tried this in game yet but I'm assuming it is possible given the game engine's origins.

The only 'bug' I have found, which might not even be a bug at all, is being unable to load a Mosin after chambering a round, although I do not know enough about the Mosin to know if this is actually possible in the real world. If it is, then it should be possible to chamber a round and then load the magazine, bringing the total bullet count to six.

EDIT: Confirmed as not a bug. See below.

Edited by Monkfish

[. . .]

The only 'bug' I have found, which might not even be a bug at all, is being unable to load a Mosin after chambering a round, although I do not know enough about the Mosin to know if this is actually possible in the real world. If it is, then it should be possible to chamber a round and then load the magazine, bringing the total bullet count to six.

It's not a bug since the game requires unloading the round and then loading a full set. Basically to load a round(s) you need the Bolt pulled back, to chamber a round (properly) the Bolt is forward. You can load all 5 rounds then chamber a 6th round, but it's not common practice as it requires holding down the loaded rounds while you manually chamber one.

What would happen if you went to load after chambering a round (video):

th_Bolt.jpg

As you go to access the mag the chambered round ejects. :)

• Like 1

Note: Chambering a round is NOT the same as loading rounds into a magazine. Chambering puts a single round into the firing chamber, and this is independent of the rounds loaded into the magazine or even the magazine being attached to the weapon. With weapons that have separate magazines, it is possible to chamber a round and then insert a fully loaded magazine to increase the number of available bullets by one. So, using the FNX45 as an example, it should be possible to chamber a round and then insert a fully loaded mag', bringing the total bullet count inside the weapon to sixteen. I haven't tried this in game yet but I'm assuming it is possible given the game engine's origins.

EDIT: Confirmed as not a bug. See below.

rofl... there is a bug that makes your mosin only be able to carry 1 bullet at a time after you paint it. Without paint you can put 5 bullets. Thats it.

Funny, I had a painted Mosin with five rounds in it yesterday. It was already loaded when I painted it though, if that has any bearing on matters. Also, and oddly, it seems that a painted Mosin is considered a different weapon by the inventory/hotbar as it was greyed out in its original slot (2) and the painted version put into slot 3 after painting.

MOAR TESTING!

Not true. The 5 rounds can be loaded individually and stored in the mosin's internal box magazine

Ah yeah, I forgot that it has the internal magazine just after the trigger, kudos for that pal.

• Like 1